Remote start? Headrest DVD?

jcmeyer5

They arent listed on the Ford website. Are they new for 2008?

What other options are new for 2008? I think I saw a built-in garage door opener on the driver visor?

Is the Limited something new for 2008? What is the difference between a Limited and a SEL+?

Thanks! I know, a lot of questions, but we are so close to purchase and I want to be sure we have what we want.

Thanks again!

Edited by jcmeyer5

They arent listed on the Ford website. Are they new for 2008?

What other options are new for 2008? I think I saw a built-in garage door opener on the driver visor?

Is the Limited something new for 2008? What is the difference between a Limited and a SEL+?

Thanks! I know, a lot of questions, but we are so close to purchase and I want to be sure we have what we want.

Thanks again!

the limited replaces the sel+

theres more options for chrome, sync is new, power liftgate and new handle on tailgate. new rims

For now, the only remote-start-only module for the Edge is part number 7L2Z-19G364-AA. Since the Edge already has remote keyless entry and an alarm, most of the other systems, IMHO, are unnecessary.

Unfortunately, it also means carrying around another key fob.

I was going to buy a Fusion key (with the fourth trunk-release button) and see if I could get the remote-start module to "learn" from that button, but nobody from Ford can tell me if that will work or not.

So what I think I hear is that the remote start capabilities are in the vehicle, you just need the keyfob to make it work (which I did notice was a separate keyfob).

I looked up the headrest DVD. That appears to be aftermarket Ford setup.

Anyone know anything about the garage door opener on the driver visor?

So what I think I hear is that the remote start capabilities are in the vehicle, you just need the keyfob to make it work (which I did notice was a separate keyfob).

I looked up the headrest DVD. That appears to be aftermarket Ford setup.

Anyone know anything about the garage door opener on the driver visor?

Hi jcmeyer. :D No, the "Remote Start" capabilities are not in the vehicle. The control modules and necessary connections are not already in the Edge. It is an extra cost option.

Your confusion stems from the fact that "theoldwizard' began discussing "One Touch Start" capability possibly being in the PCM, and you ran with that. "Remote Start" and "One Touch Start" are two completely different capabilities. If you want remote start, it is an option that needs to be completely installed either as a Factory option, or a Dealer installed option. You cannot just purchase the keyfob.

Also, as akirby stated, the "Garage Door Opener" is part of the Homelink system on the visor. You program it to your Automatic Garage Door opener, if your Garage Door Opener has the programming capability.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530