Bad Info from Mercury

If you go to the Mercury website, they still show the dash of a Grand Marquis with the digital dash package, which has not been available since the 2004 model year.

The gentleman above is correct regarding myself personally - if not for the Panther, I would not be driving a Ford product.

I can't find this picture. All of the picture galleries have been updated with the new design cluster.

What on Earth would you drive if the Panther died tomorrow? There is nothing else even remotely like it. So if you can't buy anything like it, why does that preclude any other Ford?

Believe me, Ford doesn't want your business just to sell yo a car. They want to sell a car that makes them money. And if you're buying it used, like most panther loyalists, it does Ford absolutely no good.

The Panthers are fleet cars, they sell them like the E-Series, they are perfunctory products that serve a niche they have secured for themselves. Change would harm its customer base and do nothing to improve retail sales.

Edited by BORG

Why? Ford has really been proven as of late to be more reliable than GM. I don't see where your coming from...

As important as reliability is...I am willing to give up some amount of reliability for a car that makes me happy. And, right now, there is no Ford (that is sold here) that makes me happy. Plus, I have never been stranded by a GM. I have been stranded by Fords.

As important as reliability is...I am willing to give up some amount of reliability for a car that makes me happy. And, right now, there is no Ford (that is sold here) that makes me happy. Plus, I have never been stranded by a GM. I have been stranded by Fords.

And what GM would make you happy?

I like GM too (first time in history for me), but go ahead and start pricing up the GM cars you actually desire and see how competitive things become. If there is one thing I've found is that GM cars almost never beat the value quotient in Ford products. I wanted a CTS badly, but to get all the equivalent features from a Lincoln on a CTS sent the price way above my head. I got the Lincoln! It ALWAYS ends up that way! Never fails!

You think thats bad before I bought my 2008 taurus on fords website they stated 236 HP instead of 263 HP :banghead:I just checked 2008 ford taurus website again still states 236HP.I called ford about this mistake about 2 weeks ago they said they would change it.I guess not.coobie

Edited by coobie

Thank God. The world does not need three xBs running around.

And actually, Lincoln makes sense. It makes no sense that, Ford with the Taurus X, gets another wagon with the Flex. Mercury and Lincoln should have the Flex platform only and bypass Ford.

I agree, Lincoln's Flex does make sense. As said above, I believe the Taurus X will go away eventually. Maybe it could be moved to Mercury, who doesn't have a crossover at all, leaving both Ford and Lincoln's Flex to them, while Mercury gets it's own product in the Sable X (which will then be a Mercury exclusive product).

I understand the point of the post....and agree it is stupid to make a mistake like that. How hard is it to get a brochure right?

But am kinda amused how everyone jumps on the new 3.5 as being the one thing that makes a huge improvement to the Sable. My wife has a 2005 Premier Montego with the 3.0 and Aisin 6 speed auto. There are several things I wish had been improved on this vehicle, and the engine is not high on the list. Most owners are OK with the engine. But it is a nice driving vehicle for the kind of vehicle it is. It's basically an old person or family person car. I never understand why they don't advertise it's largest trunk of any American car, it's (i believe) most back seat leg room of any American car, the highest front seat height of any American car for the old folks to get in and out of. I can fold the rear seats down and fold the front passenger seat down, and put a 2X10 in there. Why not have ads showing how practical the car is.

My aunt has a Montego, she says she likes it. I haven't seen it though, but I see them running around near me, I like them (and the Sable, now)

Why not have ads showing how practical the car is.

I have a better question.....Why not have ads for the car period?

The one Sable ad I've seen was the Jill Wagner materializing one (or whatever you'd like to call it) They dont have any ads showing features, etc. This problem plagues all Ford advertising (with the only exception being F-series commercials, IMO)

You think thats bad before I bought my 2008 taurus on fords website they stated 236 HP instead of 263 HP :banghead:I just checked 2008 ford taurus website again still states 236HP.I called ford about this mistake about 2 weeks ago they said they would change it.I guess not.coobie

That's ridiculous that it's still wrong. If they make a mistake, ok, I understand, everybody makes mistakes, but just fix it, dont leave it wrong.

Years ago, I was taught to mention features and benefits when selling. You show the features and explain the benefits of the features. You cannot assume the prospective buyer will make the connection betwen the features of a vehicle and the benefits of the features. You have to tell them. You have to incorporate this in your sales presentation. It only takes a couple words.

I think their ad agency needs to take basic selling 101.

Edited by Ralph Greene