What do vehicles cost???

I agree.

Where in Saskachewan do you live? Beautiful Province. I drove thru there a couple years ago (late May) on driving trip from Orlando Fl to Alaska. Went into Saskachewan from N Dakota....thru REGINA, SASKATOON, and then on thru Lloydminster. Then Edmonton, etc and continuing NW to the Alaskan Hiway. The Alaskan hiway started 4500 miles from Orlando, and ran another 1500 miles to Alaska. A trip I will never forget. I think Canada and it's Territories are far more beautiful than Alaska. The Yukon is beyond description. In some places in Alaska, it looks to me like every pick up truck we ever sent to Alaska is sitting in someone's front yard rusting away.

BTW for you Ford Pick up fans....I drove a F 350 (or F 250 can't remember) crew cab Power Stroke diesel pulling 12,000 lb 5th wheel trailer with 2 slide outs. Never missed a beat on that 16,000 mile round trip. It belonged to a man in hid mid 80's who wanted to go to Alaska and needed help making the trip. He paid the "considerable" expenses for the trip. Lots of diesel fuel. I was retired and had the time.

Hi Ralph

Actually I live in Alberta. Edmonton to be precise( well St Albert Actually the first community north of Edmonton)

Currently I have been in beautiful Lloydminster ( NOT) Working with Husky on their expansion of the Ethanol plant.

The Yukon is definitely one of Canada's most beautiful spots. Hard to believe that the Alaska hyway was built during the Second War when most all of the region was nothing but wilderness. It certainly was one of NA's biggest engineering feats of the 20th century.

Matthew

Thanks for the Aussie link, you now know why we are whinging poms just look at the prices below. I hear Aussies are also whingers when it comes to rugby its in your ancestral blood and genes. How the hell does a Focus sell for $8577 less on the other side of the globe when it is built and designed in Europe?

Ford Focus 5 door hatchback USA $13715 USD

https://www.buyingadvice.com/searchresults....mp;Submit=Go%21

Ford Focus 5 door hatchback Ghia Europe GB $34416 USD

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-equipm...92&ED=46316

Ford Focus 5 door hatchback Ghia Australian $26,939 USD

http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/Ford/For...ia-5D-Hatch.cfm

Please correct me if l am wrong but the Focus is shipped right around the globe from Europe and then sold for $8,577 less in Australia, the Focus is also built in the US where it normally $3-4k more expensive per car to build a Focus than it is in Europe but we pay $20,701 more in Europe. Something does not add up here?

Also if you want an Automatic gearbox in the UK you must add another $2000 to the UK price above.

Good post Ford Jellymoulds.

Except for XR5T (ST) and TDI models, all other Focus production comes from South Africa.

Ford Australia has won the contract for producing the C2 Focus in Australia, big news locally!!

It's expected that Australia will produce about 40,000/year of the C2 Focus with 25,000 domestic sales and exports to South Africa (12,500) and New Zealand (2,500). the expected 15,000 exports of RHD Focus will effectively double Australia's current export numbers. It was felt this suited Australia's desire to bolster local production, improve export prospects and reduce freight costs. Exotic versions will still be sourced from Europe.

Personally, I'd love to see FoA develop a LWB "Topaz" type variant of the Focus sedan. although much smaller than a Mondeo, such a vehicle would have an excellent cabin for 4 large adults and a generous trunk.

Something like that with a 1.6/1.8 Twin Force would be sensational.

Edited by jpd80

Good post Ford Jellymoulds.

Except for XR5T (ST) and TDI models, all other Focus production comes from South Africa.

Ford Australia has won the contract for producing the C2 Focus in Australia, big news locally!!

It's expected that Australia will produce about 40,000/year of the C2 Focus with 25,000 domestic sales and exports to South Africa (12,500) and New Zealand (2,500). the expected 15,000 exports of RHD Focus will effectively double Australia's current export numbers. It was felt this suited Australia's desire to bolster local production, improve export prospects and reduce freight costs. Exotic versions will still be sourced from Europe.

Personally, I'd love to see FoA develop a LWB "Topaz" type variant of the Focus sedan. although much smaller than a Mondeo, such a vehicle would have an excellent cabin for 4 large adults and a generous trunk.

Something like that with a 1.6/1.8 Twin Force would be sensational.

Thanks for putting me right on South Africa JDP, l never knew that, l know that they were being produced in China, not sure about the Philippines. Good to see you will be producing them in Australia from 2011, common sense prevails at last.

I agree.

Where in Saskachewan do you live? Beautiful Province. I drove thru there a couple years ago (late May) on driving trip from Orlando Fl to Alaska. Went into Saskachewan from N Dakota....thru REGINA, SASKATOON, and then on thru Lloydminster. Then Edmonton, etc and continuing NW to the Alaskan Hiway. The Alaskan hiway started 4500 miles from Orlando, and ran another 1500 miles to Alaska. A trip I will never forget. I think Canada and it's Territories are far more beautiful than Alaska. The Yukon is beyond description. In some places in Alaska, it looks to me like every pick up truck we ever sent to Alaska is sitting in someone's front yard rusting away.

BTW for you Ford Pick up fans....I drove a F 350 (or F 250 can't remember) crew cab Power Stroke diesel pulling 12,000 lb 5th wheel trailer with 2 slide outs. Never missed a beat on that 16,000 mile round trip. It belonged to a man in hid mid 80's who wanted to go to Alaska and needed help making the trip. He paid the "considerable" expenses for the trip. Lots of diesel fuel. I was retired and had the time.

I live in Manitoba actually, my province is coming up soon, I'm just rotating through all Canadian Government Houses and Legislative Buildings. Mine is up in a couple days after Saskatchewan Government House. The Manitoba Legislature is said to be the most beautiful in Canada. :shades: It does look a great deal like the one currently pictured (sask) though.

Yeah, we should have all voted for uncle Al so we can be up to our asses on tax paying for an environmental problem that isn't anyones fault and can't be fixed. Now that would be fuckin stupid.

still be money left over because we wouldn't be at war w everyone,,,,

How nice and simplistic.

So, in your "grass is greener" world, do all of the zealots who want all of us dead just change their minds, and become productive citizens of whatever country they are from???

I have many friends in the military, and quite a few of them are "over there." They know why they are there............... so the crazies don't come back here.

Yeah, we should have all voted for uncle Al so we can be up to our asses on tax paying for an environmental problem that isn't anyones fault and can't be fixed. Now that would be fuckin stupid.

Oh, I think the taxes part is merely delayed. Its coming... trust me!

Ouch the RX 8 is now only 37k here when we bought the mazda 6 the same car was around 44K

So pricing is coming down here.

Matthew

:redcard:

Considering the amount of product made outside the US, it seems to me if

the country of origin charges less than in the home market, we

have a case for a "dumping" complaint with Congress. Surprising the

unions haven't started on this yet... :boring: