Igor Econoline Moving?

nvsked

It's not that the grill looks bad, it's just that it doesn't match the 1992 sheetmetal. Also, the E-Series is the only Ford that doesn't have round fenderwells. It's just a mismatch of styling. I know it's mostly a commercial vehicle these days, but I wish they would of done a little more sheetmetal work.

A new Econoline based on the Expedition EL would be the ideal vehicle to me!

"92" Styling... You mean someone noticed! Seriously all that automation is due for an update, it has probably been "kitted" a 100 times. At some point in time, Ford is better off with new automation vs. "the kit's"...And, once you factor in the goal of common platforms (Truck Series) it makes sense that the body style is due for overhaul.

Hard to believe the major sheet metal i.e. floorpan etc. would go beyond 20 yr cycle = 2012. Takes 2yrs to build a bodyshop and prove out = 2010.... or a Flex bodyshop = lower construction time and cost because of less hard tooling. Hence the Flex portion, of Flex bodyshops.

One wild crazy rumor, heard way back when, was if the Automation was built in place at a Ford facility as opposed to being built at a vendor shop, disassembled, and reassembled in a Ford facility it would be a significant coat savings. But that would require a plant to have floor space available and an agreement with the UAW that would allow the use of outside vendors, but if Ford had trades in GEN it would be a good way of putting them to work for the Company. Just wild and crazy thoughts from a crack pot..... Only way something like that could happen.... is in a contract year.

If the engine bay was extended to accommodate the 6.4, why are they still using the 6.0?

I was under the impression that the Econolines weren't being fitted w/ the 6.4L diesel yet b/c of the situation w/ Navistar.

They may be using left-over inventory of 6.0s for now.

I was under the impression that the Econolines weren't being fitted w/ the 6.4L diesel yet b/c of the situation w/ Navistar.

They may be using left-over inventory of 6.0s for now.

I'm sure it's both, Navistar cost us 1/4 production and 7 months of overtime, but they are using 6.0's as of now. The best thing that could happen is for it to be outfitted with the Lion motor in the 150 model!!

I'm sure it's both, Navistar cost us 1/4 production and 7 months of overtime, but they are using 6.0's as of now. The best thing that could happen is for it to be outfitted with the Lion motor in the 150 model!!

Hopefully 4.4L diesel will be ready in late 08 for 09 150. That could be HUGE!