Igor Econoline Moving?

nvsked

Igor word on the street is that econoline is due for a major update. Any information? Possible plant locations??

moving where?

MTP would be the only option.

It will really depend on where the C1 car is built, either KCAP or Mexico.

if KCAP is chosen OHAP should be safe.

if not Ford will have to move something into MTP. the E-series and transit would be it.

The transit is coming. where it goes is big part of the puzzle

Edited by Biker16

Igor word on the street is that econoline is due for a major update. Any information? Possible plant locations??

Welcome to BON.

FYI, Igor is not an insider, and this is one area where those who are, don't know that much.

He makes his articles after he collects enough material from credible insiders who post here or elsewhere.

Welcome to BON.

FYI, Igor is not an insider, and this is one area where those who are, don't know that much.

He makes his articles after he collects enough material from credible insiders who post here or elsewhere.

Wow, you didn't say anything to disparage Fords and prop up an import, only truth are you turning over a new leaf pcsario?

Welcome to BON.

correct.

Info on Ranger and Econoline has been as sparse as caviar in my fridge and as conflicting as ... well you ge the point .. I have absolutely no idea and as an outsider I have limited options for fixing that.

Igor

All I know about the E vans is that Ford is building a bunch of them and that they are running out of places to park them. I know of at least 3 lots between Cleveland and Akron that are overflowing with them.

Sure sign of a change over in model, which is coming to the interior and exterior. As well as a assembly plant location change. Stock pile and change over...

Sure sign of a change over in model, which is coming to the interior and exterior. As well as a assembly plant location change. Stock pile and change over...

Just Facts please. A company has ordered about 7,000 07 vans but does not want them until Jan 07 for tax reasons that's why there stock piled. Ask your union reps they should know this.

Just crank up the time machine RJ.

One lot at Walton Hills Stamping is always full of new E vans waiting for paint/decals/fitout for various customers. I did not include this one in the three. Also, there was a newspaper article the other day that in the 08 model year 7000 diesel E vans / cutaways will be built.

A new interior should come next year from what I have been hearing on the "inside"..

OOPS! Your right, my bad. I forgot that the interior was put off till 09 model.

I like the grill, but prefer the original to this style van. Still the thing looks way better (IMHO) than the Generals' offerings in this class. :reading:

It's a sign of all contract negotiations that have been articulated in this and the last century, I use to haul cars and Crystler, and GM stock their yards also to stave off delivery interruptions! Nice try though!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Call me strange, but I kind of like that van grille. Nice and square.

Although, it looks more like the Chevy van offerings compared to before.

It's not that the grill looks bad, it's just that it doesn't match the 1992 sheetmetal. Also, the E-Series is the only Ford that doesn't have round fenderwells. It's just a mismatch of styling. I know it's mostly a commercial vehicle these days, but I wish they would of done a little more sheetmetal work.

I'm an E-Series fan. My first vehicle (in 1991) was a 78 E250 Custom conversion with a 460 V8. It was black with a very 70's orange, tan & brown interior. Even had an 8 track player! It was awesome. I've had a few vans since, including a brand new 2000 E150 Conversion. Since I now have three kids, I would love to get another, but it needs some new styling, driver's sliding door and some features that come on minivans (fold into the floor seats, power sliding doors, etc.). A new Econoline based on the Expedition EL would be the ideal vehicle to me!

brakes, more lugs on each wheel ( 10 ) front suspension, rear springs...they did more underneath than topside....

The changes are less cosmetic and mainly in the chassis, with the exception or the grille, and fenders. The new front grille and fenders increase the engine bay by 4" to accommodate the new the new 6.4 diesel's longer block, Heavier front shocks, heavier springs, more power, modified I-beam suspension and oversized brake calipers, rotors, and pads translates into 1/4 ton more payload and makes them the class leader for commercial applications. Why don't you know this, because you and I don't but them unless you do contracting work on the side! It is the best most capable utility van in it's class, the only thing it is lacking it a high roof. The introduction of the Transit to the U.S. will fill this market. It will cut into the E-series sales but better to compete with ourselves than the inferior Dodge sprinter! What plant will get the Transit is up in the air and none us us know, anyone who claims to is full of sh-t because it has not been decided! At any rate even when the Transit comes the E-series will not cease to exist but only being reduced to 1/4 quarter capacity to build cut-aways for the 90% ambulance market that Ford still dominates! So it only makes sense that they would want to bring another product to OHAP, or move the cut-aways to Louseville to maintain this market! Yes I do build Econolines but the company will do what is in their best interests regardless of what I want! You guys can fight over it, but it is not going to change the fact that as long as I build it, I will make damn sure our customer gets every bit of what they have paid for! I challenge any other plant to meet our EOL numbers with so few TGW! The buyouts have gotten rid of the deadbeats!!!!! 2008Econoline.png

Edited by Furious1Auto