Rubin in control of Citibank

Rubin Takes Over Citibank

For those of you who do not remember, this is one of the guys that secured Ford's loan and used to sit on the Ford board, along with Ken Leet, for their factories and IP and whatnot.

If you think this is coincidence with the UAW tentative contract, you haven't been paying attention.

Here comes the drastic resizing that Ford desperately needs, couple this with Alan Mulally's hiring, Bill Ford's stepping out of the way, Anne, Jim, and Cisco out of their positions, Kuzak installed in his, the Ford family's refusal to sell shares or give up Class B status, and now the final two pieces, the UAW contract and Rubin in at Citibank.

Think Chrysler's measly 1/3 of headcount is rough? Here comes the big one folks, 1/2 to 3/5 the people being gone. You heard it here first.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ford needs 3 plants in NA to stay alive:

1. Oakville, Ontario

2. Ford Rouge Plant, Dearborn, MI

3. Hermosillo, Mexico

Everything else at this point is extraneous and expendable. Everything.

It's all coming together, either this or Chapter 11...

For those of you who do not remember, this is one of the guys that secured Ford's loan and used to sit on the Ford board, along with Ken Leet, for their factories and IP and whatnot.

If you think this is coincidence with the UAW tentative contract, you haven't been paying attention.

Here comes the drastic resizing that Ford desperately needs, couple this with Alan Mulally's hiring, Bill Ford's stepping out of the way, Anne, Jim, and Cisco out of their positions, Kuzak installed in his, the Ford family's refusal to sell shares or give up Class B status, and now the final two pieces, the UAW contract and Rubin in at Citibank.

Think Chrysler's measly 1/3 of headcount is rough? Here comes the big one folks, 1/2 to 3/5 the people being gone. You heard it here first.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ford needs 3 plants in NA to stay alive:

1. Oakville, Ontario

3. Hermosillo, Mexico

Only one of those you mentioned is operating in the U.S. the others are in Canada and Mexico!

Edited by Furious1Auto

1. Oakville, Ontario

3. Hermosillo, Mexico

Well if your scenario is true, perhaps Ford should just liquidate now. Three plants are about three percent of the market share. No way can Ford survive in this market being the same size as a Hyundai or Kia- not with their legacy costs.

Only one of those you mentioned is operating in NA. the others are in Canada and Mexico!

ummmm......

North America occupies the northern portion of the landmass generally referred to as the New World, the Western Hemisphere, the Americas, or simply America (which is sometimes considered a single continent[3][4][5] and North America a subcontinent).[6] North America's only land connection is to South America at the Colombia-Panama border according to most authorities, or at the Panama Canal by some and even at the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, Mexico by a few who separate Central America (or Middle America if the Caribbean is included) which rests mostly on the Caribbean Plate. Before the Central American isthmus was raised, the region had been underwater. The islands of the West Indies delineate a submerged former land bridge, which had connected North America and South America via Florida and Venezuela.

Wikipedia

1. Oakville, Ontario

3. Hermosillo, Mexico

I'm so lost how just because Citigroup Corporate and Investment Banking (a division of Citibank) assisted in helping Ford finance a $20B loan, they are part of some big plan to reorganize Ford. He is taking over Citibank because they took subprime writedown of OVER TEN BILLION! Citi does not give 2 shits about Ford, they just wrote $10B in value off their books. Their stock is going to take a 5-10% hit tomorrow. Even if Ford made $10B in profit tomorrow, Citi would gain nothing.

How about this, Bill Ford needed an outside hire with turnaround experience, Anne/Jim/Cisco were not successful enough, the Ford family isn't going to sell shares at rock bottom when they don't need money, the UAW contract was going to happen anyway, and Citi has nothing to do with Ford. Take your stupid conspiracy theories elsewhere.

1. Oakville, Ontario

3. Hermosillo, Mexico

So we could assume unless they make huge additions and make these 3 "mega factories" Ford will be down to just a few models.

F-150 (possibly Expedition)

Fusion, Milan, MKZ

Edge, MKX, Flex

A pickup, small and large crossover, a midsize sedan, and a full size SUV

Now I suppose they could move the Focus to Mexico

Explorer to Oakville on a new chassis

SuperDuty to Ford Rouge

Mustang to either Mexico or Oakville

E-Series to Ford Rouge

Taurus/Sable/MKS to Oakville

Wouldn't it require massive additions to these factories to do this even with significant cuts in models???

Chuck Prince needed to go a long time ago. The stock was at $55 less than 4 months ago! Because of the loss I have taken on company stock in my 104k it is down overall 0.5% for the year... oh, and every investement in my 104k was up YTD and the 10% I have in Citi stock is down.

I'm glad Prince is gone. I hope the next guy that comes in changes everyhting so Citi is a good place to work again.

Edited by jaydez

Chuck Prince needed to go a long time ago. The stock was at $55 less than 4 months ago! Because of the loss I have taken on company stock in my 104k it is down overall 0.5% for the year... oh, and every investement in my 104k was up WTD and the 10% I have in Citi stock is down.

I'm glad Prince is gone. I hope the next guy that comes in changes everyhting so Citi is a good place to work again.

Either you're dyslexic or you don't actually have a 401k. Citi has been a divided place to work since they acquired all those companies. Ergo, I highly doubt you work at Citi.

Either you're dyslexic or you don't actually have a 401k. Citi has been a divided place to work since they acquired all those companies. Ergo, I highly doubt you work at Citi.

I do work for Citi.... or at least my employee ID says I do, so does my paycheck. What makes you think I'm Dyslexic?

Just becasue my 401k is all f'ed up doesnt mean I dont work here. Any good finanical palnner would have done it different but I have nothing to do with the finanical aspect of the company. I guess I'm just bitter because they have taken everyhting they can from their employees due to the losses from bad investments.

I do work for Citi.... or at least my employee ID says I do, so does my paycheck. What makes you think I'm Dyslexic?

Just becasue my 401k is all f'ed up doesnt mean I dont work here. Any good finanical palnner would have done it different but I have nothing to do with the finanical aspect of the company. I guess I'm just bitter because they have taken everyhting they can from their employees due to the losses from bad investments.

I'm just giving you a hard time. You called it a 104k in your previous post.

So 3 plants in the end to save Ford? And 2 are outside the USA ....Sad very sad

Who really expects Ford and Chrysler to still exist as stand alone companies 10 years from now? At least one of them will be sold, merge, go into bankruptcy, be sold off in pieces, etc. I envision them both shrinking smaller and smaller until they are merged into another company or sold off in pieces.

Who really expects Ford and Chrysler to still exist as stand alone companies 10 years from now? At least one of them will be sold, merge, go into bankruptcy, be sold off in pieces, etc. I envision them both shrinking smaller and smaller until they are merged into another company or sold off in pieces.

You realize that other than Ford NA, Ford is doing a great job globally? People need to stop thinking of Ford in just terms of the US market. Chrysler has no global presence, Ford is the 3rd (right?) largest global car producer. In the mortgage, I believe Ford only put up NA holdings. I could be wrong though.

I purposely left the Mustang and AAI off that list for one reason.

Ford would, in bankruptcy, reorganize around the Mustang brand. After hocking the Blue Oval in the big Citibank loan, they would only have one REAL American Marque (Brand) left, the Mustang. I can think of 3 companies that would love to contract out with the Mustang Motor Company to build vehicles, Magna, Daimler, and Nissan.

Look at the past, the first Henry Ford Company became Cadillac Motors, and was eventually bought up by General Motors. Look it up on Wikipedia.

The other plants can, will, and are changing to become flex (pun intended) facilities.

Ford is in a good position now to shrink and eventually merge/surrender to another automaker, most likely Japanese due to the Blue Oval. UAW contract in hand and Rubin watching over the loan at Citibank, seriously, NOTHING can sink the plans at this point. Chapter 11 would just be a good excuse to take the company private.

And as someone pointed out Canada, USA, and Mexico are all on the same continent, NA stands for North America. NAFTA is going to pay off for someone, its just not anyone that builds cars.

I purposely left the Mustang and AAI off that list for one reason.

Ford would, in bankruptcy, reorganize around the Mustang brand. After hocking the Blue Oval in the big Citibank loan, they would only have one REAL American Marque (Brand) left, the Mustang. I can think of 3 companies that would love to contract out with the Mustang Motor Company to build vehicles, Magna, Daimler, and Nissan.

Look at the past, the first Henry Ford Company became Cadillac Motors, and was eventually bought up by General Motors. Look it up on Wikipedia.

The other plants can, will, and are changing to become flex (pun intended) facilities.

Ford is in a good position now to shrink and eventually merge/surrender to another automaker, most likely Japanese due to the Blue Oval. UAW contract in hand and Rubin watching over the loan at Citibank, seriously, NOTHING can sink the plans at this point. Chapter 11 would just be a good excuse to take the company private.

And as someone pointed out Canada, USA, and Mexico are all on the same continent, NA stands for North America. NAFTA is going to pay off for someone, its just not anyone that builds cars.

Uhhh, they mortgaged the Mustang symbol as well (IIRC).