A Great Agreement in Bad Times

dividedwebeg

I fully support this agreement with all of the investments people will have opportunities in zone and out zone, no future closed plants, No wages cuts, seniority protection, no umbrellas for the trades, project and construction work will continue.

I do have knowledge of the agreement and I can give honest responses to your questions 1 at a time.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully support this agreement with all of the investments people will have opportunities in zone and out zone, no future closed plants, No wages cuts, seniority protection, no umbrellas for the trades, project and construction work will continue.

I do have knowledge of the agreement and I can give honest responses to your questions 1 at a time.

Can AAI time and Ford time be combined to qualify for the "30 and out" supplement? yes or no?

dividedwebeg, On page 16 of the new contract where it says CREDITED SERVICE what is that paragraph saying ??? THANK in advance

OK.

I didn't see any mention of the fate of Ford ee's in ACH facilities, except:

The proposed agreement says production people in ACH plants will get a chance to fill openings at Ford plants; it doesn't mention skilled trades. We are Ford employees.

Clarification?

What about ACH plants? Most of the employees at ACH plants are Ford employees, so does our senority count for anything? If temps are are laid off do they have re-call rights? Could they be re-called before an ACH employee is allowed to flowback? Thanks

What about ACH plants? Most of the employees at ACH plants are Ford employees, so does our senority count for anything? If temps are are laid off do they have re-call rights? Could they be re-called before an ACH employee is allowed to flowback? Thanks

ACH/Ford employees are protected under this agreement....No entry level employees will be hired at Ford facilities until all ACH employees are placed!! Openings at Ford Locations will come by way of postings!!

If temps at Ford are laid off they will have prefferencial hiring, but not before Laid off, Protected status and ACH employees!!

dividedwebeg, On page 16 of the new contract where it says CREDITED SERVICE what is that paragraph saying ??? THANK in advance

If you were hired lets say 1988 and you lost pension credits due to layoffs or sick leaves before 12-31-95 your credit will be restored to your original hire in date.

If you were hired lets say 1988 and you lost pension credits due to layoffs or sick leaves before 12-31-95 your credit will be restored to your original hire in date.

dividedwebeg, I hired in at Ford on 2/6/1978 and was laidoff on 5/1/1980 and then called back on 9/1/1988 would I get any credited service time back and if so how much ??? As of now I have 24.3 years sevice. Would my service date take me back to 1978 ???? Why I'm asking is because I would like to take the next round of buyouts if I have enough time..... THANKS

Edited by H. D. Hogman

dividedwebeg, I hired in at Ford on 2/6/1978 and was laidoff on 5/1/1980 and then called back on 9/1/1988 would I get any credited service time back and if so how much ??? As of now I have 24.3 years sevice. Would my service date take me back to 1978 ???? Why I'm asking is because I would like to take the next round of buyouts if I have enough time..... THANKS

I'm in the same boat you are H. D. I have looked into the contract and can not find on page 16 what you are talking about? are you sure about that page #? I had heard that we would get our time back too... kinda too good to be true is int it? I would take the next buy out and run also. :happy feet:

I'm in the same boat you are H. D. I have looked into the contract and can not find on page 16 what you are talking about? are you sure about that page #? I had heard that we would get our time back too... kinda too good to be true is int it? I would take the next buy out and run also. :happy feet:

Justthefacts, on the message board scroll down to the FORD CONTRACT HIGHLIGHTS posted by Furious1Auto and click on his link then go to page 16 were it says CREDITED SERVICE. I hope this helps.

ACH/Ford employees are protected under this agreement....No entry level employees will be hired at Ford facilities until all ACH employees are placed!! Openings at Ford Locations will come by way of postings!!

If temps at Ford are laid off they will have prefferencial hiring, but not before Laid off, Protected status and ACH employees!!

And where does it say there willbe postings ?? So temps presently in Ford facilities are NOT holding a spot for any ACH employees ! They will have to be laid off b-4 an ACHer can have preference. Great !

Me too. i see on problem so far. I want to go to denver.

It's to early for that assessment, we need to debate the language before we are asked to vote. However there have been allot of my concerns addressed in what I have read so far. Time to find the devil! The biggest draw back I see so far is the matters pertaining to Skilled trades and ACH employees, that's if I could overlook what the new hires are being given. I'll do some reading and report back!

Edited by Furious1Auto

And where does it say there willbe postings ?? So temps presently in Ford facilities are NOT holding a spot for any ACH employees ! They will have to be laid off b-4 an ACHer can have preference. Great !

Dude are you serious?Do you speak english?Thats not even close to what he said.

Dude are you serious?Do you speak english?Thats not even close to what he said.

Lets see,"openings... by way of postings." And I never said that he said the other things. He said temps would have preferential but not ahead of ACH. Let me rephrase...Does this mean or imply(since he said he is in the KNOW) that Temps jobs will not be vacated for ACHers to continue any flowback ?? That they would have to be laid off b-4 ACHErs can have preference?? Sorry but ACHers,um Ford employees would like to know what possiblilties there will still be.

I love what I see so far.

I see the same people supporting a contract that they have barely read and they are the same people who said it was a good deal before it was released. I have a little insider knowledge that explains the bias, I'm just curious what exactly is it that you and Dark like about the proposal Hendew? (not saying at this point whether or not I support it) Help me decide how to vote!

Edited by Furious1Auto

If the ACH plant is sold,do ford workers stay or flow-back?

Lets see,"openings... by way of postings." And I never said that he said the other things. He said temps would have preferential but not ahead of ACH. Let me rephrase...Does this mean or imply(since he said he is in the KNOW) that Temps jobs will not be vacated for ACHers to continue any flowback ?? That they would have to be laid off b-4 ACHErs can have preference?? Sorry but ACHers,um Ford employees would like to know what possiblilties there will still be.

Let me see if I can get this right.

1.Temps jobs will not be vacated for ACHers to continue any flowback ??

A. yes they are holding positions right now so plants can operate and the contract gets settled,they will be let go and will not return before any and all ACH'ers are placed.

They don't have to be layed off in any capacity before and Ford EE from an ACH plant gets placed.

The temps are holding down the line till all this gets straightened out and flowback can start back up.They have no prefence over anyone!!!

Let me see if I can get this right.

1.Temps jobs will not be vacated for ACHers to continue any flowback ??

A. yes they are holding positions right now so plants can operate and the contract gets settled,they will be let go and will not return before any and all ACH'ers are placed.

They don't have to be layed off in any capacity before and Ford EE from an ACH plant gets placed.

The temps are holding down the line till all this gets straightened out and flowback can start back up.They have no prefence over anyone!!!

Thats great Hendew, but I'm waiting for dividedwebeg to answer since he claims to have the inside track.

I see the same people supporting a contract that they have barely read and they are the same people who said it was a good deal before it was released. I have a little insider knowledge that explains the bias, I'm just curious what exactly is it that you and Dark like about the proposal Hendew? (not saying at this point whether or not I support it) Help me decide how to vote!

Dude I spent allday yesterday reading this and discussing it with all the people I work with.We talked about it allday and night.I honestly cannot see anything that is a negative for me and you!We may have to pay a bit higher copay but all in all we lose nothing.The new hires have a bit different road to travel than we did when we got hired but they will have national seniority and move in to our wage as time or percentages allow.They will never out number us that is what I was worried about from the beggining of this.

Plants get products ,plants that were going to close now get investments(including yours).

Ford EE'S at ach's will be placed and that was uncertain till now.

The atrition replacement is 1 for 1.Never thought that would happen again.

Trades not busted into Mechanical and electrical,not umbrella'ed.

Seniority is preserved and protected.

Let me check my notes and get back at you in a bit.

Edited by hendew_15