Buyout Packages

Groundhog Phil

The "offers" will NOT be greater than what has been offered previously. Those "offers" were VERY generous and were generally well accepted. If you held out thinking more money would come, you will be sadly mistaken.

I think some of you may believe that you are much more valuable than you really are. The previous buyout offers were VERY generous and if I was able to have my way 100 percent, we would "offer" about 10 percent of what was previously offered on a take it or leave it basis.

One other thing: "FORD" cares VERY MUCH about the costs accociated with the "buyout" programs. They are becoming a new burden on our industry that we DONT need and can't afford.

Some of you people really amaze me!

Folks, do not afford "Paris" too much attention. Paris misspelled the word associated. May I suggest more of his time be spent with a dictionary and less time brainstorming on corporate bulls@#t. :shades:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, do not afford "Paris" too much attention. Paris misspelled the word associated. May I suggest more of his time be spent with a dictionary and less time brainstorming on corporate bulls@#t. :shades:

I actually seen that b4 I posted that reply. I corrected the spelling mistake but it apparantly did'nt take. I do that all the time with associated. I don't know why.

Anyone that has been here a while already knows that I aint known for being the best speller on this hear forum. Sorry.

Was not looking to be a hero.

You are the one who needs to take a reading comprehension class.

I have to go in and earn my undeserved wages and benefits right now.

You want to spar??

No problem. I work afternoons.

We can do this later if YOU want.

It's up to you big boy.

Call it what you like. I just want to see your response. Why are you worth more than the previous group of employees who were offered "buyout" packages?

This is my last post for today. I wont be back 'till Monday sometime. That'll give ya a little time to think.

The "offers" will NOT be greater than what has been offered previously. Those "offers" were VERY generous and were generally well accepted. If you held out thinking more money would come, you will be sadly mistaken.

I think some of you may believe that you are much more valuable than you really are. The previous buyout offers were VERY generous and if I was able to have my way 100 percent, we would "offer" about 10 percent of what was previously offered on a take it or leave it basis.

One other thing: "FORD" cares VERY MUCH about the costs accociated with the "buyout" programs. They are becoming a new burden on our industry that we DONT need and can't afford.

Some of you people really amaze me!

I don't work for Ford, my spouse does. I used to and quit after I earned my degree that Ford paid for. So, from a business perspective, it's not impossible for Ford to toss out 175K in a buyout. I wouldn't sit around and wait for it, I'd just continue to go to school and find other employment sources.

Stand in amazement, Paris. Do the math, get your MBA. It's cheaper for Ford to offer buy outs than to continue to pay for an employee's health care and benefits package, year after year.

I actually seen that b4 I posted that reply. I corrected the spelling mistake but it apparently didn't take. I do that all the time with associated. I don't know why.

Anyone that has been here a while already knows that I aint known for being the best speller on this hear forum. Sorry.

Simply put my management friend, the reason that we are worth more than the previous buyouts were worth, is because Ford wants to get rid of us now. For the most part, most of us have not asked to be bought out, we elected not to take the previous package. The company believes that they need 10K to 13K more employees to leave. Originally FORD put the buyouts on the table to coax people into leaving. It wasn't a good enough deal for some, so they declined to apply for the buyout package.

Now, as Ford is so used to telling us, we are in a tough market. It's supply and demand that determines the value of things. We are a commodity that Ford 'contracted' for a wage and benefit package. Previously, Ford determined that they no longer needed all of the commodity that they had, so they offered a monetary buyout to their 'contracted' employees. They simply put a value that they deemed fair, on the employee's contract, in order to buy out some of those employee's contracts. We all saw this during the last round of buyouts. Some chose to accept Ford's offer and accepted it as a fair value for their contract. In this new contract, Ford has again set a monetary value (though we don't know what that value is yet) on the 10K to 13K employees that they want to get rid of under this new employee contract. Because the people who are still under contract with Ford didn't believe that what Ford offered for their contract in the last round of buyouts was adequate, obviously the value of their contracts must be worth more to them. Business dictates that Ford will have to offer more money to the remaining contracted employees in order to entice them to accept the buyout offer and relinquish their employment given them under their new contract. Otherwise why would they accept a buyout now? The specter of not knowing what their next contract will say is gone. THAT IS WHAT MAKES THEM WORTH MORE MONEY THAN THOSE PREVIOUSLY BOUGHT OUT BY FORD. THESE EMPLOYEES ARE UNDER (or will be under) A LEGAL CONTRACT THAT FORD HAS NEGOTIATED WITH THEM. They have the right under that contract to decide whether they want to be bought out or take a chance at what Ford will do next. It is a gamble for some, but it is their right under contract to take that gamble. That's why they call it doing business. JUST ONE MORE THING, I HAVE FOUND THAT JUST BECAUSE A COMPANY HAS THE ABILITY TO DO SOMETHING, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY SHOULD ALWAYS DO IT. THEY SHOULD LEAD BY EXAMPLE OR THEY WILL FIND THAT THEY SET AN EXAMPLE THAT THEY CAN'T LEAD!!!

They offered 100K last time, right? What's so odd about 75K more? That's much cheaper for the company than keeping people employed.

Ford could care less what it costs to get rid of "costs." Sadly they don't realize that the "costs" they want to rid of are actually human beings with families to support.

there is a simple answer to someone who is worried about supporting thier family.........dont take the buyout. ford is not forcing anyone to take the buyout. im getting out because im tired of playing fords fucking doormat. let them hire some new hires for $14 an hr and use them for thier doormat, cuz im no longer putting up with the shit. good luck to all

Guys come on, why waste your time and energy responding to this ignorant, arrogant, management flunky. She is probubly an office secretary for cryin out loud. If you ignore her posts she will eventually go back to bringing her boss his coffee or making an ass out of herself trying to impress people who see through her facade. Channel all that anger for her, and all the obviously jealous, instigating drones like her, into something more productive! She quite frankly doesnt have the intelligence to comprehend anything other than her daily mantra of "coffee...tea...or me?" Stop trying to have any intelligent dialog with this person, she/he/it, whatever, gets their cheap thrills by provoking you! You all are better than that!

Guys come on, why waste your time and energy responding to this ignorant, arrogant, management flunky. She is probubly an office secretary for cryin out loud. If you ignore her posts she will eventually go back to bringing her boss his coffee or making an ass out of herself trying to impress people who see through her facade. Channel all that anger for her, and all the obviously jealous, instigating drones like her, into something more productive! She quite frankly doesnt have the intelligence to comprehend anything other than her daily mantra of "coffee...tea...or me?" Stop trying to have any intelligent dialog with this person, she/he/it, whatever, gets their cheap thrills by provoking you! You all are better than that!

:hysterical:

It's cheap entertainment to read her posts, I read them before I registered here and nearly busted a rib laughing at her many times.

:hysterical:

Call it what you like. I just want to see your response. Why are you worth more than the previous group of employees who were offered "buyout" packages?

This is my last post for today. I wont be back 'till Monday sometime. That'll give ya a little time to think.

Don't need time to think, ready when you are.

As I said you may want to re-read my response to you. ummm, pay attention to your comments I highlighted in red.

I actually seen that b4 I posted that reply. I corrected the spelling mistake but it apparantly did'nt take. I do that all the time with associated. I don't know why.

I can read it ok. The word "apparantly" should be "apparently", and the apostrophe in "didn't" is in the wrong location. The last sentence is sarchasm, so it doesn't count. I make spelling mistakes, too.

"Paris" has posted many, many, disgustingly anti union, anti working class, anti middle class posts in the Detroit Free Press comments sections regarding auto and union negotiations with GM, Chrysler and Ford, under the same name, "Paris". This person is either an HR rep, a wealthy person who has total disdain for those "beneath" him/her or just plain mentally ill. Go to the freep.com website and look up the recent archives on articles pertaining to the UAW big three talks over the past two months. "Paris" is our arch enemy.

Missed reading this yesterday....what is wrong with these type of people?? Just bored with their daily wasted lives so they have to drag down the middle class men/women trying to raise families and basically try to live comfortable lives?? Who do they think the average consumer is??? You do away with the middle class workers in this country....you make it impossible for them to survive....you might as well pack it in for the U.S., this country would be done. She/they need to spend some time in the nice little place I call reality for a change. If ignorance is bliss than she must be the happiest bitch around!

A) Ford stands to gain more by a skilled trades person taking the buyout i.e. wage difference between current skilled trade and new hire

B) Pension liability is reduced i.e. bigger cost savings for Ford (retirement factor X years of service)

C) Health Care savings

D) ETC.

All of which points to a cost savings for Ford.... Buyout packages based on percentage of wage = larger amount.... In other words parity Marcy Buckets that's French to you

Kimber.... You're too tough!!! Telling it like it is and no cuss words... very well done :hysterical:

A) Ford stands to gain more by a skilled trades person taking the buyout i.e. wage difference between current skilled trade and new hire

Skilled trades do not fall under the $14.00 new hire wage. They will make trade wages, even if hired off the street.

Edited by Pioneer

• 2 weeks later...

Kimber,

I want you to know that I am NOT your enemy. Lighten up.

Edited by paris

Then stay out of the employee section, You don't belong here. You come here to stir the pot.

The statement at the begining of this forum states it all "Ford Employee Forum

Blue collar or white collar - this is your one and only stop."

This doesn't mean we have to be correct, sensible or sane.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone