07 Sport Trac

Hi, I know they've said the spring, but I was wondering if anyone has heard an approximate date for when the new Sport Trac is supposed to start showing up at dealerships. I've started looking into getting a new vehicle, but really want to see the new Sport Trac in person before making my final decision. I signed up for updates on the Ford web site a few months back when they first unveiled it, but haven't gotten any info out of it, aside from a small brochure for the regular Explorer and a small foam cutout of the Sport Trac.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got the OK to ship The 15th or 16th of last week. They are being shipped to dealerships now. Let me tell you, I am very impressed with the new Sport Trac. I really want one for myself.

Being built in similar fashion to the Explorers (I LOVE MINE!!) it should be a good ride for sure and the V8 is great!

Thanks for the info Range & Calvin, I'll be watching the local dealers for when they come in.

Being built in similar fashion to the Explorers (I LOVE MINE!!) it should be a good ride for sure and the V8 is great!

Now that you've had it for a while longer "to break it in", what kind of gas mileage do you get with the V8? I'm assuming there wouldn't be much of a difference between the regular Explorer and the Sport Trac in that regard and hope that it is a reasonable number, since I do occassionally have to take a road trip for my work. I've read that the V8 gets very comparable gas mileage to the V6, so if that's true, I might as well go with the 4.6, so I can enjoy the added power and the sound of a V8 when I have the windows down B).

My current car averages in the low to mid 20s (I know I won't get that in an Explorer), but anything has to be better than my old Ranger that I was lucky if I got 14 mpg with.

Edited by MTFordFan

Thanks for the info Range & Calvin, I'll be watching the local dealers for when they come in.

Now that you've had it for a while longer "to break it in", what kind of gas mileage do you get with the V8? I'm assuming there wouldn't be much of a difference between the regular Explorer and the Sport Trac in that regard and hope that it is a reasonable number, since I do occassionally have to take a road trip for my work. I've read that the V8 gets very comparable gas mileage to the V6, so if that's true, I might as well go with the 4.6, so I can enjoy the added power and the sound of a V8 when I have the windows down B).

My current car averages in the low to mid 20s (I know I won't get that in an Explorer), but anything has to be better than my old Ranger that I was lucky if I got 14 mpg with.

In my normal routine of mixed driving 16-18 and I use the V8 :bowdown:

I went to my dealer today just to check on the ST. They have 3.

I am in love. I wish it had a SVT badge on it though.

Its very possible that we might replace our Marauder with one.

4x4 V8 XLT stickered at 31K. The bed while small, Is not too bad. The pockets are pretty deep too. The hard bed cover is also nice.

There is no literature on the 07 ST yet though. :(

While the 2007 ST is now on the dealer lots, why doesn't the fordvehicles.com web site let you build and price one. Toyotas 2007 Camry has a build and price option on their web site. I mean who is running the fordvehicles web site??? Homer Simpson ??? But then again maybe he got the cardboard box on his desk last month.

Edited by chuck734

Isn't the V8 just the 3V 4.6 like in the regular Explorer? Is there much of a difference between the Explorer ST and the SUV Explorer?

No, but it is still a new launch and there can be unforseen problems when a new vehicle goes into full production. So they get looked at and looked at again.

Winner Ford here in Cherry Hill has a silver beauty on the showroom floor. It was after hours when I saw it, so I don't have any details, but the thing looked to be top of the line, with huge thin-spoked (!) rims. The rims look great - they look like the rims on a high-zoot Eurosedan, not the usual thick truck-type rims.

Now who here wants to see a comparison test between the new SportTrac and Ridgeline? Knowing the car mags however the Ridgeline will still win even if the SportTrac has the V8. They just can't get enough Honda. I will be excited to see the new SportTrac as well. It will be a winner and really help Explorer sales get steered in the right direction. I know a lot of people that love their 1st Gen. SportTrac and will really like the new one.

Now who here wants to see a comparison test between the new SportTrac and Ridgeline? Knowing the car mags however the Ridgeline will still win even if the SportTrac has the V8. They just can't get enough Honda. I will be excited to see the new SportTrac as well. It will be a winner and really help Explorer sales get steered in the right direction. I know a lot of people that love their 1st Gen. SportTrac and will really like the new one.

I would love to see the comparison test and have them both drive with a trailer attached at speed down a washboard type road at speed and show the struts on the Honda blow out! And have them explain why struts are on a "truck".

I would love to see the comparison test and have them both drive with a trailer attached at speed down a washboard type road at speed and show the struts on the Honda blow out! And have them explain why struts are on a "truck".

AWESOME POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown:

I stopped the nearest Ford Dealership today and the sales guys seemed surprised that the 2007 Sport Trac was in production and on sale. The lady who orders their cars told us that they have an XLT V8 on the way, and that it will arrive in about one month. I guess that it takes longer for them to make it out to California.

I already priced one using Edmunds, but need to drive one:

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited V8 4x2

MSRP $31,485 / Invoice $29,345

88T leather 10 way seats

86T hard tonneau cover

90L limited electronics

21E safety canopy

583 Audiophile

85B Satellite radio

554 Limited Convenience

63D power pedals

I would also add Bluetooth, and wonder why it is not a factory option?

My 2002 Mountaineer V8 RWD, with every option except the sunroof and running boards, had a bad differential, pinched fuel tank vent line, and paint defect which were promptly repaired when it was almost new under warranty. After then, it was completely reliable for 100,000 miles, as the only thing which failed was a $25 idler pully on the front of the engine. It rode rougher and was noisier than I would like, but the 2006 redesign seems to have fixed those problems.

It does seem that they screwed up the interior door handle on the 2006 Explorer and Mountaineer. Does anyone know if this has been fixed for the 2007 Sport Trac?

Edited by FStephenMasek

It does seem that they screwed up the interior door handle on the 2006 Explorer and Mountaineer. Does anyone know if this has been fixed for the 2007 Sport Trac?

The door handle is still the same. It is not as bad as you have heard. After you close the door about 5 times you are used to where it is located and will no longer notice it. I think it will be changed in August during the new launch of the 2008's.

It seems that it would be easy for me to move the door handle to a position above the armrest. There must be metal behind the door trim. Every time I have sat in an '06 and then tried to close the door, I wind up grabbing the armrest. However, I would certainly try it for a week or two before moving it.

Edited by FStephenMasek

It seems that it would be easy for me to move the door handle to a position above the armrest. There must be metal behind the door trim. Every time I have sat in an '06 and then tried to close the door, I wind up grabbing the armrest. However, I would certainly try it for a week or two before moving it.

In a week or two you will forget about it.

The V-8s will be coming soon. They had some bugs to work out of the frame, driveshaft, and rear diff, being that it's completely different from the Explorer. They had to go with a carrier bearing on the driveshaft due to the angle from tranny to rear diff. They also had to re-design the frame a bit on the front passenger corner to accomodate the torque of the V-8.

They're doing their best to get all of the bugs out before shipping them. A few years back, they would ship first, worry about bugs later. The 'Batch and Hold' procedure we've been falling for a few years keeps recalls to a minimum.

I love the new ST...I plan on leasing one in August when I give my F-150 back.