New Escape Hybrid ad - pretty good too

igor

LOL, awesome ad!

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand the full page Hybrid newspaper ads and TV commercials of Escape Hybrid when it's allocated and most that want one can't get one because of that fact. Is Ford finally able to increase production of its Hybrid? Or is it just getting ready for Fusion Hybrid by pointing to fact it does produce some?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand the full page Hybrid newspaper ads and TV commercials of Escape Hybrid when it's allocated and most that want one can't get one because of that fact. Is Ford finally able to increase production of its Hybrid? Or is it just getting ready for Fusion Hybrid by pointing to fact it does produce some?

Didn't Ford intentionally limit the number of Escape Hybrids they would build? I don't think that's the way to go, unless battery supplies are limited or something of the sort. If so, however, wont the Fusion Hybrid use the same setup, required MORE batteries, etc.? Or is the Fusion's system different (isnt it Gen II or something?)

Ford does not need to advertise very much with this brand. Last year they were unable to keep up with the demand. I would guess at $4 a gallon, it will be very popular.

I was at the dealership tonight getting my car back from service. Talked to the owner, 3 months order time on one and they can not be for dealer stock. He said there are different rules for different parts of the country and that some dealers are allowed to stock them.

• 4 weeks later...
I was at the dealership tonight getting my car back from service. Talked to the owner, 3 months order time on one and they can not be for dealer stock. He said there are different rules for different parts of the country and that some dealers are allowed to stock them.

Yeah in Maryland Montgomery County a dealer was in the newspaper. The owner said the Escape hybrids sold fast. Only problem is that Ford only gave them 3 a month. This was last year. Hopefully they've actually increased production, finally.

Is the Tribute and Escape going to make this worse?