FMC SHOULD DO THIS TO RESOLVE PARKING ISSUES

what-next

IF FORD WANTS ALL IT'S EMPLOYEES TO BIY THEIR PRODUCT,THEN THEY SHOULD GIVE EVERYONE THE CHANCE TO BUY THEM. NOT EVERYONE HAS PERFECT CREDIT, DUE TO VARIOUS REASONS. FORD COULD AND SHOULDS OFFER EVERYONE THE OPPURTUNITY TO PURCHASE A CAR THROUGH FORD MOTOR CREDIT. COME ON FORD CAN DO PAYROLL DECT. TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE MAKE THEIR PAYMENTS. IF THEY GO ON MEDICAL THEN TAKE IT OUT OF THEIR MEDICAL PAY. I NO ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT DO NOT DRIVE FORDS DUE TO NOT GETTING THE LOAN THROUGH FORD MOTOR CREDIT. FORD COULD AND SHOULD PICK THESE PEOPLE UP. THEY STILL HAVE CONTROL OVER THEIR PAY. I DRIVE FORDS AND I NO PEOPLE THAT WOULD IF THEY COULD GET FMC TO PICK THEM UP. JUST A THOUGHT.. :happy feet:

Up until last year, Ford Credit had an interest cap on employees. On an a-plan(employee, not family) you could not be charged over 9.5%(not 100% sure on the exact apr but it was somewhere around there)regardless of credit. I believe it was around July of last year when they stopped. Now, a friend of mine at KCAP ,who has pretty good credit, went to a local dealership to trade, he was a few thousand upside down in his trade in, and FMCC tried to charge him 18.95%.

Up until last year, Ford Credit had an interest cap on employees. On an a-plan(employee, not family) you could not be charged over 9.5%(not 100% sure on the exact apr but it was somewhere around there)regardless of credit. I believe it was around July of last year when they stopped. Now, a friend of mine at KCAP ,who has pretty good credit, went to a local dealership to trade, he was a few thousand upside down in his trade in, and FMCC tried to charge him 18.95%.

Dealerships are independently owned. Sounds like the dealership was trying to overcharge him...not FMC

If Ford wants everyone who works at FORD to drive a FORD then they should just give every employee a free FORD vehicle..... people owned cars and trucks before FORD hired them.I don't remember one of the requirements to be hired at FORD being you must drive a FORD vehicle..If Ford wants to crack down on what vehicle people drive to work maybe they should start cracking down on what kind of people they let build the FORD vehicles..

If Ford wants everyone who works at FORD to drive a FORD then they should just give every employee a free FORD vehicle..... people owned cars and trucks before FORD hired them.I don't remember one of the requirements to be hired at FORD being you must drive a FORD vehicle..If Ford wants to crack down on what vehicle people drive to work maybe they should start cracking down on what kind of people they let build the FORD vehicles..

Knowing that Norfolk is rumored to be the next plant on "The Way Forward" hit list, dig deep inside yourself and ask how you would feel about your coworker who buys a big shiny new Tundra and parks it in the spot closest to the gate.

If it at all bothers you, you might get the idea behind the parking rule.

Edited by OAC_Sparky

From my understanding the dealership is the one who sets the interest amount. If you are a Ford employee Ford credit will approve you for a loan. They will give you a loan even if your credit is far from perfect. Once the dealership closes the sale then according to Ford Credit they will purchase the loan and then they become the servicers. I am not sure but I believe that if you do have less than perfect credit and purchase a car then you will have to do payroll deduction..

Edited by 99stang

Dealerships are independently owned. Sounds like the dealership was trying to overcharge him...not FMC

I guess I left some pertinent information out, my fault guys. I used to be a finance manager at said dealership before I started working at the plant. The current finance manager showed me the "new and improved" rate sheet for a-plan customers. It used to not matter because basically everyone, regardless of credit got a level 2 rate. Level 0 being perfect and level 4 meaning the credit police were looking for you. Let me rephrase that, everyone level 2 and up got level 2 rates. Level 0 and 1 still got the best rates. The finance man used to have to contract everyone at FMCC's buy rate, now the buy rate is so high, even if the finance man makes one point on the deal, the interest would be closing in on 20%. And by the way, his credit is not bad, being upside down makes the level go up through FMCC.

Actually Ford Credit sets the rate based on the individual’s credit rating and debt to income ratio. The dealership cannot mark the rate up more than 2 or 3 percent (I don't remember which of these two numbers is correct). If the dealer does try to raise the rate more than the allowed mark up FMCC will not cash the contract.

i too was several thousand with a 740 credit score in june of last year went to cu across the road got 5.25 versus fords almost 11%

I've always gotten better numbers from my credit union. Not only that, but since FMCC consolidated it's operations out in Colorado or some damn place, it's extremely inconvenient to deal with if you sell your vehicle and need to get the release of lien paperwork to the buyer.

Two years ago I was going to trade my 01 Expedition in for a 04 Expedition EB and I was going to have a lot of negative equity to roll over and the dealership laughed and told me to come back when Ford gives out 10,000 rebates. They didn't even try to work with me, and I was like damn I work at the plant that makes em and they took me as a joke. My credit rating was about 690.

I went to a Gmc dealer to look at a 2004 yukon Denali and the treated my good, they let me get a test drive and they wanted me to take the truck home for the night.I got approved on the spot and I loved that truck. I still didn't buy it because I did not want hear the BS at the plant. I talked to a few people at work and they told me one of the reasons they don't drive Fords because everytime they go to a Ford dealer they get offered bad deals. I went to another Ford dealer about a month ago to look at a 06 F150, and I got the run around again, the salesman basicly blew me off.

The messed up thing is my 01 Expedition is having all kind of problems like not starting up an shutting off when I am on the way to work, why should I buy a new Ford when the one I have runs like shit and I can't even get a good deal on a new one. I will never buy a Toyota or any of that foreign shit, but I might have to try a Chrysler or GM. :mellow:

If I was Ford Motor Company I would sell my parking lots in all of my buildings to another company and charge people to park in them and then it don't make a crap what you drive.

Ford don't have to give you a place to park....they gave your sorry *ss a job.

QUIT CRYING YOU WORTHLESS PEOPLE> You got jobs... many @ AAP don't and don't have have a clue what to do...

I am fortunate .. I went to school but a lot of people didn't, so I really don't want to hear about you pieces of crap griping because Ford Motor Company decides that people that buy its cars get to park up front....if it was up to me you would be paying $ 5 a day to park non-ford products ANYWHERE on the lot....

Edited by roadhogking

This company can't tell us what to drive! I have an 02 escape and 03 f150 and will drive them till they die. When they do die, my WAY FORWARD plan goes into effect. I will buy the best vehicle out there, wether it's a ford product or not.

To boost moral ford should have 4 saturdays set aside for each plant. Every employee that works these 4 days for free gets a free vehicle every 5 years. Now that wouldn't be asking too much would it?

Geez, People are crying because they have to walk a little further. WAAAAAAAH!!!

If you don't drive a Ford, you have to walk a little further. Big Deal.

So much for testicular fortitude at this company.

Grab the life preservers because the ship continues to sink.

It's not crying cause you have to walk further,its saying why the hell is the UAW and FORD worried about what you drive when they can't even get the workers to show up to work and they protect deadbeats from being fired.FIRE the worthless people who come to work and draw a check for doing nothing and then you can tell me what i should drive to work...If they would run the plants like a business and not a circus they would not have time to be worried about what people drive to work they would be to busy counting all the money they have saved.

Two years ago I was going to trade my 01 Expedition in for a 04 Expedition EB and I was going to have a lot of negative equity to roll over and the dealership laughed and told me to come back when Ford gives out 10,000 rebates. They didn't even try to work with me, and I was like damn I work at the plant that makes em and they took me as a joke. My credit rating was about 690.

I went to a Gmc dealer to look at a 2004 yukon Denali and the treated my good, they let me get a test drive and they wanted me to take the truck home for the night.I got approved on the spot and I loved that truck. I still didn't buy it because I did not want hear the BS at the plant. I talked to a few people at work and they told me one of the reasons they don't drive Fords because everytime they go to a Ford dealer they get offered bad deals. I went to another Ford dealer about a month ago to look at a 06 F150, and I got the run around again, the salesman basicly blew me off.

The messed up thing is my 01 Expedition is having all kind of problems like not starting up an shutting off when I am on the way to work, why should I buy a new Ford when the one I have runs like shit and I can't even get a good deal on a new one. I will never buy a Toyota or any of that foreign shit, but I might have to try a Chrysler or GM. :mellow:

Buy high sell low. Simple economics. Some vehicles depreciate more than others. The dealer expects to make a decent gross profit off your trade, trading in a large SUV at this time is not going to be a good thing. The Ford dealer was doing you a favor, if they couldn't offer you a good deal on the trade, why waste your time? The GMC dealer was more than happy to let you take their vehicle home, sell the Denali to you and convince you that rolling your negative equity into the new loan was a good thing. BTW, 690 is not an excellent credit score, more like average for folks that have decent credit. One last thing, the last two vehicles. I've trader were a 95' Taurus, and a 99' Explorer sport, wasn't backwards on either deal, unless you count the $150 each I spent to have the vehicle detailed. Neither vehicle was purchased on a zero % interst plan, both vehicles had close to minimum down payments.

"Buy what you build".

If you don't buy a Ford, you're slitting your own throat. There has been enough bloodshed after "Blue Monday".. don't be a contributing factor for more job cuts.

MTM, you are a smart man, couldn't of said it better myself.

so if people had other jobs before Ford, they wont mind going back to those jobs.

This company can't tell us what to drive!

and you can't tell the company whom to employ. Welcome to the 2way street. Hope the door doesn't hit your ass on the way out.

so if people had other jobs before Ford, they wont mind going back to those jobs.

and you can't tell the company whom to employ. Welcome to the 2way street. Hope the door doesn't hit your ass on the way out.

correction, you must not work at a FORD PLANT, because the union has been telling the company who they can hire for years...