WHO ON THIS FORUM LIKES PAYING FOR SOCIAL SERVICES FOR PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO WORK?,

NO, it absolutely deters crime. Criminals calculate their chances of getting caught/sentenced/jailed/freed when they plan their crimes. If they knew, for a certainty, that they would immediately be put to death within one week of conviction, you darn well know they will think twice about their actions.

It is not enough capital punishment that is hurting this nation. Although I believe the burden of proof must be ironclad, once proven there should not be more than a few hours to gather ones thoughts. In most cases, that is far more time than the victim received.

American gangs COUNT ON soft, nearsighted leftists defending their right [to commit more crime].

Two of my best friends from HS are on death row. They knew the first day after they did their crimes that they were guilty. They would sneer at you for being soft and step all over you.

Good for them. Even if they took life, does that really give us the same right?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. Why do most right wing Americans think this way. You seem to believe that you are the superior people that keeps the world spinning and that you hold the fabric of space time together. The truth is, that you can do nothing on your own, just like every other country on earth. you should care about what the rest of the world thinks, because at the current time, in many different ways, you are being left behind.

Answer: Most right-wing Americans DO NOT think we are superior people, but that America has made many right choices throughout history and it is not by accident that we are the lone superpower in the world.

Our nation as a whole has benefitted the human race. You can argue that all you want but it won't change the fact.

Most right-wing Americans are also cognizant of the fact that we Americans have a ways to go as far as social development goes.

However social development cannot be forced upon a population... it must be offered and encouraged.

What the rest of the world thinks is largely determined by the information the rest of the world receives. And the rest of the world largely receives that infromation from the media. Who is largely leftist. Please don't argue this... I, as a right leaning thinker, have seen newscasts from around the world and I am always impressed by the lack of neutrality. BTW, I even listen to Canadian Public Radio.... total left-job!

I think if the rest of the world actually received total, unbiased information then they would be more apt to agree with America.

My friends and I used to be democrats, until we got educated!

If nothing else has worked and in order to protect the greater good, then unfortunately... yes, absolutely.

edit: BTW, have you ever had a gun shoved in your face by someone who didn't give a damn about you or anyone else's life?

Didn't think so.

Edited by joihan777

If nothing else has worked and in order to protect the greater good, then unfortunately... yes, absolutely.

edit: BTW, have you ever had a gun shoved in your face by someone who didn't give a damn about you or anyone else's life?

Didn't think so.

My father was taken hostage and nearly killed by a man who went on a dunken rampage. An RCMP manhunt ensued and he was caught after my dad beat him over the head with his own shotgun. He will never be my best friend, but society has no right to put him to death. Perhaps my father has a different opinion, but then again, he is more conservative than I am. Don't go thinking I have no idea.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Answer: Most right-wing Americans DO NOT think we are superior people, but that America has made many right choices throughout history and it is not by accident that we are the lone superpower in the world.

Our nation as a whole has benefitted the human race. You can argue that all you want but it won't change the fact.

Most right-wing Americans are also cognizant of the fact that we Americans have a ways to go as far as social development goes.

However social development cannot be forced upon a population... it must be offered and encouraged.

What the rest of the world thinks is largely determined by the information the rest of the world receives. And the rest of the world largely receives that infromation from the media. Who is largely leftist. Please don't argue this... I, as a right leaning thinker, have seen newscasts from around the world and I am always impressed by the lack of neutrality. BTW, I even listen to Canadian Public Radio.... total left-job!

I think if the rest of the world actually received total, unbiased information then they would be more apt to agree with America.

My friends and I used to be democrats, until we got educated!

Yes, America has made many contributions, but so has the rest of the world. Also, you are really no longer the lone super power.

As for the CBC, I think they should stick to sports and news. Its what they do best. I don't listen to their normal broadcasts because your right about them. I watch CTV and listen to Chorus Radio. These are centre to right, in Canada anyway. I'm not saying your wrong, but I don't think the fact that the rest of the world is moving in many ways in the opposite direction of the US speaks very well of things.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Yes, America has made many contributions, but so has the rest of the world. Also, you are really no longer the lone super power.

As for the CBC, I think they should stick to sports and news. Its what they do best. I don't listen to their normal broadcasts because your right about them. I watch CTV and listen to Chorus Radio. These are centre to right, in Canada anyway. I'm not saying your wrong, but I don't think the fact that the rest of the world is moving in many ways in the opposite direction of the US speaks very well of things.

Just because the rest of the world (or at least the mouthpieces) doesn't agree with America's decisions doesn't make us wrong. Actually, all that does is help clarify the truth. IMO, the more the truth is challenged, the more definitive it becomes.

When Ronald Reagan made his famous "Tear down this wall" speech, the democrats were flipping out. Even his own advisors didn't think it was the right thing to do. THANK GOD he had the fortitude to stick to his insights, popular belief be dammed. We ended up curbing one of the worst scourges of the human race, with little bloodshed. Because some actor knew what was right in his gut, when the professor types were telling him it would backfire.

If I think any one thing that George Bush has failed, it his lack of effectively communicating to the world our rationale. But that doesn't make us wrong. It is unfortunate that the rest of the world (at least the left wingers of the world) can't appreciate our positions.

I know this. It doesn't change what I said.

Are you tying to paint me as a racist? Yes neither illegals (Mexican or any other nationality) nor lazy Adult citizens should receive free medical. If a Mexican national has a valid VISA I don't see why they should be excluded, if they are employed and contribute through taxes!

This is pretty much bunk. In small clinics, exceptionally small clinics, like one doctor and a nurse/receptionist, you might see this happening, otherwise this is just a lot of "well, my friend knows a guy who told him that a friend of his was talking to a doctor and HE said..."

Fact is in a hospital setting, most doctors and nurses have no idea how you're paying.

--

Also, insurance rates, medicare rates, medicaid rates and HMO rates are negotiated well ahead of time. The Canadian government, you should hope, does at least as good a job auditing medical bills as the slipshod practices of governments (state and federal) and private insurers in the U.S.

Ha you better belive your provincial system goees though out of country bills. With a fine tooth comb no less If any procedures are done that are not regconized by the CMA or it is elective your on the hook for it. Fiscal accountabilty in the our health system here is primary. We went through the sepnd free ways prior to the 1990's no more now almost every single cent has to be accounted for.

And if you able to awnser when you enter a U.S hospital they get your particualrs right off the hop and know right away what coverage you have or do not have.

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

Uh, SUV, I would have thought that Canada would use the British Challenger tank not the German Leopard 2.

The Leopard 1A3 Replaced our old Centurion tanks in 1979 at the time the bulk of our Centurions were deployed in Germany serving along side German lepeord tanks. So from a logistic point of veiw it made sence for us to adopt the Leopard . Also at the time the Leopard was by far the best MBT avalible. It is logical for us to continue to use the Leopard, and there are some really low hour L2 units availbe at damn good prices and our crews and tech personal are familiar with the leopard they know the chassis's weaknesses and strenghts. And the Leopard is still a first class piece of kit and is as good any MBT avalible. So there really is no reason for us to switch now to a different MBT.

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

SUV-GUY replied and just beneath his response he proudly displays an image of a Leopard 2A6. A state of the art war machine, the function which is not just to have pictures taken of it during parades, but in fact, to take life.

You know, I think Janes Addiction put it best in one of his songs. He said "Some people should die, . . that's just unconscious knowledge."

There are people in this world SUV that will kill you for no damn reason at all except that they just get a kick out of it. Then there are people that have no quams about beating you senseless and perhaps leaving you a drooling invalid for the rest of your life so they can take the 30 bucks in your wallet and go get some crack. There are bad people out there, that's just the way it is. That's why I carry a firearm with me whenever I leave the house and I'm thankful I live in a country where I can because if some crack head figures he's going to bust my head and leave me for dead so he can steal my wallet he's going to find out just how much right I really do have to take life. I'd sleep well that night too knowing I did the world a favor. You know many states around the US now have passed a law that states all that is required for you to use deadly force is for you to "feel" that your life or the life of another is being threatened.

So, hoodlum whips out crow bar? Hoodlum gets shot. Hoodlum decideds he's going to beat up some innocent woman because she's an easy target? Hoodlum gets shot.

SUV-GUY replied and just beneath his response he proudly displays an image of a Leopard 2A6. A state of the art war machine, the function which is not just to have pictures taken of it during parades, but in fact, to take life.

You know, I think Janes Addiction put it best in one of his songs. He said "Some people should die, . . that's just unconscious knowledge."

There are people in this world SUV that will kill you for no damn reason at all except that they just get a kick out of it. Then there are people that have no quams about beating you senseless and perhaps leaving you a drooling invalid for the rest of your life so they can take the 30 bucks in your wallet and go get some crack. There are bad people out there, that's just the way it is. That's why I carry a firearm with me whenever I leave the house and I'm thankful I live in a country where I can because if some crack head figures he's going to bust my head and leave me for dead so he can steal my wallet he's going to find out just how much right I really do have to take life. I'd sleep well that night too knowing I did the world a favor. You know many states around the US now have passed a law that states all that is required for you to use deadly force is for you to "feel" that your life or the life of another is being threatened.

So, hoodlum whips out crow bar? Hoodlum gets shot. Hoodlum decideds he's going to beat up some innocent woman because she's an easy target? Hoodlum gets shot.

It's ironic I know. I have no problem with war for a cause. I do have a problem with the death penalty. And I'm not saying this to be contrary, but god I'm glad I live in a place where people can't freely carry guns around. It scares the hell out of me....this from a person who's dad owns many very nice firearms.

Why must you inject race into this arguement?

Because it's a fact that certain races have higher crime rates. So SUV's comments about the US having higher violent crime rates are negligible when you consider racial and socioeconomic make up of the country. Poor and minorities have higher violent crime rates. Turns out, crack dealers kill more people on average than investment bankers.

It's ironic I know. I have no problem with war for a cause. I do have a problem with the death penalty. And I'm not saying this to be contrary, but god I'm glad I live in a place where people can't freely carry guns around. It scares the hell out of me....this from a person who's dad owns many very nice firearms.

SUV, you know what predator drones are right? Predators > your tanks.

Wow you're naive. People in the US cannot freely carry guns around. You have to get a concealed carry permit for that. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Edit: If guns kill people then a fork made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Edited by ShockFX

I believe that the Leopard was chosen as the tops on that list due to it being a bit more economical to operate than the M1A2, as well as having a main gun that had a higher muzzel velocity than the 120mm Smoothboar on the Abrams. The Abrams, ungoverned, is obscenely fast for an MBT, but sucks down jet fuel (ideally, it can use others) at a prodigeous rate.

Armor wise, they all use similar tech levels of chaubam armor, with some emphasizing some areas of protection over the others.

I do believe, however, that the abrams has some of the best accuracy numbers in the short to medium range on the move area. Long range, the higher velocity of the leopard gun lends it to be a bit better there. Effectively, if logistics are taken out of the equation, all of the top 3 are relatively similar in their performance. As for the javeline debate, keep in mind that there are now AMS systems that are being deployed on some of these tanks that can deal with atgms.

As for the big healthcare debate, I don't mind a single payer system with the following caveats:

1) It has to be subject to serious auditing on a regular basis.

2) It has to be included with tort reform to reduce the cost of liability insurance for health care workers (and to take another look at making gross negligence a crime).

3) It must have an unlimited network and must not include HMO style gatekeepers.

4) Tiers of coverage should be offered with those that are willing to pay special premiumes getting better coverage (this allows the plan to offset its costs somewhat, reducing its burdone on the gov't).

As for financing it, it goes with my three pronged taxation reform proposal.

1) Eliminate all Payroll taxes and replace them with a national sales tax. Of the several numbers that I've heard, I like 7-8%. It may seem low, but, there's more.

2) Tax all outbound wire transfers under $10,000 at 10%, regress the percentage for remainder amounts above that. There are safeguards in place to prevent multi-party bundling and financial institution group account bundling.

3) Tax all outbound large cash transfers (People walking across the border with large amounts of cash) without matching expiring tourist visas at 10% (with safeguards in place to prevent gouging legit tourists, but to cover resident or illegal aliens leaving with large amounts of money.

This form of taxation would include credits and rebates for extremely low wage earners, encouraging people to enter the labor market and stay there. For those that amass large amount of liquid wealth, this would punish them for investing it abroad, but encourage them to invest it locally. This would also cover money earned in illegal ventures (drug dealing, etc) so long as the black market can be controlled. A great deal of gov't admin costs would be eliminated with the elimination of the IRS and its various investigative arms. Yes, there would have to be somewhat greater policing of corporate handling of the sales tax proceeds, but, there are vastly fewer companies than private citizens.

All of the above put together would result in a reduction in the taxes payed by the average person (the net would be zero change for the bottom 10% of earners, who effectively pay no taxes under the current system, flat to reduced for middle incomers, sharp reduction for AMT sufferers, and an increase for the top 20% who consume at a prodigeous rate but find ways of protecting their direct income from taxation). This is a sharply simplified summary of the whole plan, which offers breaks for the military and other minor adjustments to protect the at risk (such as a lower tax rate on non-processed or staple foods and no taxes on medicines not deemed strictly cosmetic in use).

With the reduction in the cost of healthcare due to less insurance billing administrative burdone, and less insurance burdone due to liability coverage, the system becomes more accessible for all. Full citizens are all covered. Non-citizens are not covered, but are not denied access. They are billed as would any other user. Either their home insurer would cover their share, or, they'd be billed directly. Non-citizens in the US that fail to make regular payments on their bills would be subject to wage garnishments or bank account seizures.

Notice, I make no mention of where anyone's from. I don't care how old you are. I don't care if you work or you don't. I don't care what part of the country you're in. The system just works. It attempts to correct for the biggest abuses of the existing tax code and takes the burdone of handling it off of the average citizen and moves it to the companies and government enteties. Money, once its earned, is either spent (which will be taxed) or invested, which will be taxed in the future when it is spent but is used in the mean time to create more economic opportunity which will increase the number of wage earners and the amount of spending that occurs.

I believe that the Leopard was chosen as the tops on that list due to it being a bit more economical to operate than the M1A2, as well as having a main gun that had a higher muzzel velocity than the 120mm Smoothboar on the Abrams. The Abrams, ungoverned, is obscenely fast for an MBT, but sucks down jet fuel (ideally, it can use others) at a prodigeous rate.

Armor wise, they all use similar tech levels of chaubam armor, with some emphasizing some areas of protection over the others.

I do believe, however, that the abrams has some of the best accuracy numbers in the short to medium range on the move area. Long range, the higher velocity of the leopard gun lends it to be a bit better there. Effectively, if logistics are taken out of the equation, all of the top 3 are relatively similar in their performance. As for the javeline debate, keep in mind that there are now AMS systems that are being deployed on some of these tanks that can deal with atgms.

As for the big healthcare debate, I don't mind a single payer system with the following caveats:

1) It has to be subject to serious auditing on a regular basis.

2) It has to be included with tort reform to reduce the cost of liability insurance for health care workers (and to take another look at making gross negligence a crime).

3) It must have an unlimited network and must not include HMO style gatekeepers.

4) Tiers of coverage should be offered with those that are willing to pay special premiumes getting better coverage (this allows the plan to offset its costs somewhat, reducing its burdone on the gov't).

As for financing it, it goes with my three pronged taxation reform proposal.

1) Eliminate all Payroll taxes and replace them with a national sales tax. Of the several numbers that I've heard, I like 7-8%. It may seem low, but, there's more.

2) Tax all outbound wire transfers under $10,000 at 10%, regress the percentage for remainder amounts above that. There are safeguards in place to prevent multi-party bundling and financial institution group account bundling.

3) Tax all outbound large cash transfers (People walking across the border with large amounts of cash) without matching expiring tourist visas at 10% (with safeguards in place to prevent gouging legit tourists, but to cover resident or illegal aliens leaving with large amounts of money.

This form of taxation would include credits and rebates for extremely low wage earners, encouraging people to enter the labor market and stay there. For those that amass large amount of liquid wealth, this would punish them for investing it abroad, but encourage them to invest it locally. This would also cover money earned in illegal ventures (drug dealing, etc) so long as the black market can be controlled. A great deal of gov't admin costs would be eliminated with the elimination of the IRS and its various investigative arms. Yes, there would have to be somewhat greater policing of corporate handling of the sales tax proceeds, but, there are vastly fewer companies than private citizens.

All of the above put together would result in a reduction in the taxes payed by the average person (the net would be zero change for the bottom 10% of earners, who effectively pay no taxes under the current system, flat to reduced for middle incomers, sharp reduction for AMT sufferers, and an increase for the top 20% who consume at a prodigeous rate but find ways of protecting their direct income from taxation). This is a sharply simplified summary of the whole plan, which offers breaks for the military and other minor adjustments to protect the at risk (such as a lower tax rate on non-processed or staple foods and no taxes on medicines not deemed strictly cosmetic in use).

With the reduction in the cost of healthcare due to less insurance billing administrative burdone, and less insurance burdone due to liability coverage, the system becomes more accessible for all. Full citizens are all covered. Non-citizens are not covered, but are not denied access. They are billed as would any other user. Either their home insurer would cover their share, or, they'd be billed directly. Non-citizens in the US that fail to make regular payments on their bills would be subject to wage garnishments or bank account seizures.

Notice, I make no mention of where anyone's from. I don't care how old you are. I don't care if you work or you don't. I don't care what part of the country you're in. The system just works. It attempts to correct for the biggest abuses of the existing tax code and takes the burdone of handling it off of the average citizen and moves it to the companies and government enteties. Money, once its earned, is either spent (which will be taxed) or invested, which will be taxed in the future when it is spent but is used in the mean time to create more economic opportunity which will increase the number of wage earners and the amount of spending that occurs.

Look at Australia's tax code. We should adopt it here. It's pretty solid.

Think about what you're sayiing now SUV. You are saying that it's ok for your government to decide to send some of your citizens off to Afghanistan to kill terrorists for a mass murder that happened in the US. That same government will tell you that it's not ok for you to put a bullet in somebody who is trying to kill you or a member of your family for instance. So in fact you are subscribing to the idea that it's ok for your government to decide who dies, but the government will tell all of you that you aren't capable of making that same decision when your own life is threatened. Think about it. Shall I put the picture of the puppet back up here?

I'm not saying your wrong, but I don't think the fact that the rest of the world is moving in many ways in the opposite direction of the US speaks very well of things.

The countries that have seen what happens when communist/ humanistic based solcialism take over were the first to side with America. It is because they have been there and done that. It isn't that left wing government is 'morally equivalent' to right wing government, because it is not. Right wing thinking promotes self responsibility and creativity, left wing government crushes it.

Left wingers want to 'redistribute' the wealth by theft [unfair taxation]. Right wingers want to earn it fairly. We believe in teaching people how to fish, not to just give them free fish [stolen from the fishermen]. I hope you can think about this. In my early 20's I realized most of the democrat positions were designed to create sheep that were dependant on the government. That is modern slavery. Democrat policies were designed to crush the human spirit and lay the blame on the rich. Thats a lot of what Hitler did. Please think about it.

Edit: I'm not blindly rooting for the right BTW, I think several of the left ideals have merit too, however I disagree with the way they go about trying to achieve them.

The rest of the world you speak of will have to pee on the fence for themselves. (see sig.)

Too bad for their populaces.

Edited by joihan777

SUV, you know what predator drones are right? Predators > your tanks.

Wow you're naive. People in the US cannot freely carry guns around. You have to get a concealed carry permit for that. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Edit: If guns kill people then a fork made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Depends on the state my friend. No matter if you need a concealment permit, or you have to wear it n plain site like in some states, the general public can still carry handguns. That is not so here.

Think about what you're sayiing now SUV. You are saying that it's ok for your government to decide to send some of your citizens off to Afghanistan to kill terrorists for a mass murder that happened in the US. That same government will tell you that it's not ok for you to put a bullet in somebody who is trying to kill you or a member of your family for instance. So in fact you are subscribing to the idea that it's ok for your government to decide who dies, but the government will tell all of you that you aren't capable of making that same decision when your own life is threatened. Think about it. Shall I put the picture of the puppet back up here?

No, your talking about a war, but the killing is only a byproduct of trying to keep and make security for the Afghans. Self defense is completely permissible in Canada, so I don't know what your getting at. I'm not a puppet. There are different ways of doing things. I hope we never come to a point where Canadians feel the need to acquire permits to carry guns on their person.

The countries that have seen what happens when communist/ humanistic based solcialism take over were the first to side with America. It is because they have been there and done that. It isn't that left wing government is 'morally equivalent' to right wing government, because it is not. Right wing thinking promotes self responsibility and creativity, left wing government crushes it.

Left wingers want to 'redistribute' the wealth by theft [unfair taxation]. Right wingers want to earn it fairly. We believe in teaching people how to fish, not to just give them free fish [stolen from the fishermen]. I hope you can think about this. In my early 20's I realized most of the democrat positions were designed to create sheep that were dependant on the government. That is modern slavery. Democrat policies were designed to crush the human spirit and lay the blame on the rich. Thats a lot of what Hitler did. Please think about it.

Edit: I'm not blindly rooting for the right BTW, I think several of the left ideals have merit too, however I disagree with the way they go about trying to achieve them.

The rest of the world you speak of will have to pee on the fence for themselves. (see sig.)

Too bad for their populaces.

It's too bad that you see it that way, because its completely false. like Richard said, there will always be an element of Poverty in our society, and I believe as do most Canadians that we have a duty to help those people, because we are more fortunate. After all, there isn't much money in most types of fishing, and if someone can't catch enough to survive, we should maybe volunteer something we have to help them out.

like Richard said, there will always be an element of Poverty in our society, and I believe as do most Canadians that we have a duty to help those people, because we are more fortunate. After all, there isn't much money in most types of fishing, and if someone can't catch enough to survive, we should maybe volunteer something we have to help them out.

I agree.

Are you surprised? Read my post again. I didn't say right wing Americans want poverty or not help the unfortunate. To the contrary, right wingers want to help, but in a long lasting, responsible manner. I think that volunteerism, financial generosity and properly run public education is key to helping out the less fortunate. Only the public education is tax funded. The first 2 are private sector help. The key here is that volunteerism and financial generosity don't involve the IRS showing up at your door.

I wholeheartedly agree that voluntary charity should be encouraged, but I despise the poor 'demanding' the rich hand over their money.

I agree.

Are you surprised? Read my post again. I didn't say right wing Americans want poverty or not help the unfortunate. To the contrary, right wingers want to help, but in a long lasting, responsible manner. I think that volunteerism, financial generosity and properly run public education is key to helping out the less fortunate. Only the public education is tax funded. The first 2 are private sector help. The key here is that volunteerism and financial generosity don't involve the IRS showing up at your door.

I wholeheartedly agree that voluntary charity should be encouraged, but I despise the poor 'demanding' the rich hand over their money.

I'd agree with you, as I am a small c conservative, but, the people that fixed the monetary position of this country were called the Liberal party. They are the reason that we run surpluses and are part of the reason that the country is in the best position ever. Weren't we supposed to be arguing about health care. I like it here, so I don't want to make everyone hate me.

Depends on the state my friend. No matter if you need a concealment permit, or you have to wear it n plain site like in some states, the general public can still carry handguns. That is not so here.

It doesn't matter. People aren't running around here with guns. Very few people actually carry them on themselves, and if they do it's for protection (like living in downtown Detroit or Newark).