WHO ON THIS FORUM LIKES PAYING FOR SOCIAL SERVICES FOR PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO WORK?,

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best Tommy Lee Jones line about guns was when he told Robert Downey Jr. he was carrying a nickle plated sissy pistol.

Deanh, we will have to agree to disagree. For me carrying a firearm is not about the fear of others or the fear of what might happen. It's just about being ready for anything. I don't know how they do things in New Zealand but here if you operate a vehicle without your license and without proof of insurance you get a ticket. It's against the law. I guess in summation you could say I'm just the opposite of Razor. After I got out of the service I felt very comfortable around fireams. I have them with me always, like a habit. I don't have any inclination to go all instinctive on people. It's a tool, it serves a certain purpose, that's it. I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you can't run. Otherwise razor might be right. LOL JK

I know one is MEANT to carry a licence and insurance here, I just forget and pretty much don't place much importance on it, got bigger fish to fry other than driving around in a cold sweat with the beleif I MAY get in an accident or MAY get a ticket....I also am comfortable with guns ( NZ Army issues SLR's, I was in recon...probably old hat here but dependable as hell, accurate and worthy of defending 60,000,000 sheep should Lamb cravers hit our shores ) it was there that I questioned/ realized their point, my conclusion is they are for one thing and one thing only, they have ZERO other uses other than to kill/ intimidate. Thats it, there is no legitimate reason ( one could say self defense I suppose...but that is based on the "other " party ) for carrying one day to day other than perhaps as you said "being ready for anything"...Blackhorse if THAT isn't the direct definition of fear i don't know what is....you along with others will hat my next comment, but rest easy as it can never happen....take them away from everyone except law enforcement, nice to know walking down the street, not fearing the guy walking towards you has hollow points....I veiw guns and some of their owners as a huge source of a LOT of problems, sure give some true fruitcakes a sense of immortality....

Edited by Deanh

I know one is MEANT to carry a licence and insurance here, I just forget and pretty much don't place much importance on it, got bigger fish to fry other than driving around in a cold sweat with the beleif I MAY get in an accident or MAY get a ticket....I also am comfortable with guns ( NZ Army issues SLR's, I was in recon...probably old hat here but dependable as hell, accurate and worthy of defending 60,000,000 sheep should Lamb cravers hit our shores ) it was there that I questioned/ realized their point, my conclusion is they are for one thing and one thing only, they have ZERO other uses other than to kill/ intimidate. Thats it, there is no legitimate reason ( one could say self defense I suppose...but that is based on the "other " party ) for carrying one day to day other than perhaps as you said "being ready for anything"...Blackhorse if THAT isn't the direct definition of fear i don't know what is....you along with others will hat my next comment, but rest easy as it can never happen....take them away from everyone except law enforcement, nice to know walking down the street, not fearing the guy walking towards you has hollow points....I veiw guns and some of their owners as a huge source of a LOT of problems, sure give some true fruitcakes a sense of immortality....

I believe that everyone that is 21 or older should be required to carry a sidearm IF they:

1. have never been convected of a crime... any crime..

2. are of sound mind and body.

3. citizen of the United States.

4. complete a gun safety course every 3 years and must be able to show they are competent with the weapon.

If the rules above were enforced, the only people that would live in fear would be the criminals. Don't expect anyone other than yourself to protect you, your family and property. That's your responsibility.

Firearms don't kill people: only criminals and incompetent people do.

Edited by mettech

I believe that everyone that is 21 or older should be required to carry a sidearm IF they:

1. have never been convected of a crime... any crime..

2. are of sound mind and body.

3. citizen of the United States.

4. complete a gun safety course every 3 years and must be able to show they are competent with the weapon.

If the rules above were enforced, the only people that would live in fear would be the criminals. Don't expect anyone other than yourself to protect you, your family and property. That's your responsibility.

Firearms don't kill people: only criminals and incompetent people do.

Firearms don't kill people: only criminals and incompetent people do..........take em away ...then what? And i TOTALLY agree on the stringent testing...PER gun...you feel the need to have five???? Five sets of tests, and card smust be shown to purchase bullets.....interesting concept EVERYONE having one, levels the playing feild and the flip of NO_ONE having one....and you would have to include legal residents of the US, I myself am not a citizen, just here legally, so no Voting ( sheesh ..WHO would want to? ) or Jury duty for me!

Firearms don't kill people: only criminals and incompetent people do..........take em away ...then what? And i TOTALLY agree on the stringent testing...PER gun...you feel the need to have five???? Five sets of tests, and card smust be shown to purchase bullets.....interesting concept EVERYONE having one, levels the playing feild and the flip of NO_ONE having one....and you would have to include legal residents of the US, I myself am not a citizen, just here legally, so no Voting ( sheesh ..WHO would want to? ) or Jury duty for me!

Maybe we could issue you a temp permit.. :hysterical:

Because it's a fact that certain races have higher crime rates. So SUV's comments about the US having higher violent crime rates are negligible when you consider racial and socioeconomic make up of the country. Poor and minorities have higher violent crime rates. Turns out, crack dealers kill more people on average than investment bankers.

These facts are irrelevant, if you have crossed the border illegally or have overstayed your permission to reside or work here than you are a criminal. Who cares if you are guilty of any other crimes? If you are a non-citizen resident and do not have a currently valid work VISA you need to take your a-s home before we send you there. Your nationality is also irrelevant, only your legal status period.