We Remember

In 1918 the armistice that ended World War I came into force, bringing to an end four years of hostilities that saw 61 919 Australians die at sea, in the air, and on foreign soil. Few Australian families were left untouched by the events of World War I - 'the war to end all wars' most had lost a father, son, daughter, brother, sister or friend.

More than 416 000 Australians volunteered for service in World War I. Of these, 324 000 served overseas. More than 60 000 Australians were killed, including 45 000 who died on the Western Front in France and Belgium and more than 8 000 who died on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey.

At 11am on 11 November we pause to remember the sacrifice of those men and women who have died or suffered in wars and conflicts and all those who have served during the past 100 years.

Edited by jpd80

As most of us have done our fair share of web surfing. But How many of us have come across corporate web sites hounoring those that have fallen and fought for the freedoms we all enjoy?

Since we are an online community on this board I thought it would be nice to share and see the links To corporate websites that hounor those that have fallen and fought to insure our current freedoms.

I will get the ball rolling with this one National Steel Car Click Heritage and Remebrance day 2007 and In Memoriam after entering the site. National Steel Car (NSC) is a Canadian Based Manufactuer of Railway cars.

Not only have they done a First class job with the Tribute to those that have fallen and fought for our freedoms, but the Web site overall is pretty damn good.

Lets never forget the sacrafices our fighting men have made and still do to this day.

Lest We Forget

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

I am a Veteran and I find it offensive.

I am too . . .and I also find it very offensive. . . but then what can you expect from some people? Interestingly, they often are chronic complainers who think that THEY are entitled . . . and I am pretty sure he doesn't understand (not a clue) why something around 27% of the homeless in this country . . are Vets.

I am too . . .and I also find it very offensive. . . but then what can you expect from some people? Interestingly, they often are chronic complainers who think that THEY are entitled . . . and I am pretty sure he doesn't understand (not a clue) why something around 27% of the homeless in this country . . are Vets.

I heard it was higher than that, like 1 in 3.

Many thanks to the veterans and the current soldiers. You guys are all a class act and you ensure that America stays free. You put your life on the line for our freedoms! Freedom is not free and people like you should be commended for paying the price (some even the ultimate price ...) that many of the rest of us take foregranted. So, once again, I salute and respect the veterans and current soldiers.

Edited by SVT_MAN

Many thanks to the veterans and the current soldiers. You guys are all a class act and you ensure that America stays free. You put your life on the line for our freedoms! Freedom is not free and people like you should be commended for paying the price that many of the rest of us take foregranted. So, once again, I salute and respect the veterans and current soldiers.

Don't salute us buddy. I'm alive, I got to come home, my uncle didn't. If you want to honor the real hero of veterans day it's the guys that don't get to come home. That's just my opinion. I'm proud to have served and I wouldn't trade my military experience for the world and I mean that in all sincerity. But the real honor of this day should belong to the soldiers that don't get to come back to their families and I think you'll find most veterans feel that way. At least I do.

Don't salute us buddy. I'm alive, I got to come home, my uncle didn't. If you want to honor the real hero of veterans day it's the guys that don't get to come home. That's just my opinion. I'm proud to have served and I wouldn't trade my military experience for the world and I mean that in all sincerity. But the real honor of this day should belong to the soldiers that don't get to come back to their families and I think you'll find most veterans feel that way. At least I do.

Point taken. But, when I said that many paid the price for our freedoms, I was using a euphemism implying that we should respect and honor those who have paid the ULTIMATE price. Hopefully that make sense. I guess next time I'll be more blunt about it. Nonetheless, I think it's important to remember those who are still alive too.

Edited by SVT_MAN

Let me start by saying that I have great love for out military active and retired Vets, I've been a staunch supported of their efforts and have defended their honor in the recent past while some elements have the nerve to attack them verbally. I meant no offense by the picture I posted and am having a hard time with the reactions of some of you to it. My father is also a Vet but he still retained his sense of humor, GEEZ! It was a joke, sorry if I offended anyone!