4 Plants discussed

nvsked

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read the letter on sterling and raws, in the white book

that question was brought up, and told us no.

i hope they are wrong, and your right, but why else would they say that?

I am sure this will be something argued with the company.....The highlights pg 8 states "UAW Ford workers currently assigned to ACH facilities and those on protected status will be placed before the company can hire any workers into entry level positions" with that be said I am sure there will be a fight on this!! Probably not much of one....I don't see either hiring anytime soon!!

They will be no diffrent than the rest of us who started out with less and had to "pay our dues" . The generation before us felt the same way about us when we came in. I dont feel bad for me or anyone else under this situation.

I hope they will get pay raises to improve that wage level in the future.

When Ford returns to profitability we will be in a stronger position to take care of our brothers and sisters. As I understand it, we are in a position to fight another day. I agree, it is not fun when the rabbit has the gun.

I do not recall making 50% fo the top production wage, having no pension, and crap healthcare for an undetermined length of time when I hired in. I do not feel your comparison is a valid one.

With this new work agreement, the company is able to put even more pressure on suppliers, and down go even more wages in our country when they tell their people thatb they have to take one for the team in order to compete.

How will Ford hire lower wage employees at Sterling and Rawsonville when all of ACH need a new home?It could take years before this happens!

We are told that those two plants will not be accepting ACHers. The company got some kind of agreement with the UAW to staff those two plants with ONLY lower wage employees. The UAW probably agreed just to keep them open. I know that the chairman at Rawsonville (Joel Goddard) is a national negotiator and he probably agreed to keep the plant open. I don't think they will force anyone out, but when it comes to replacing people at Rawsonville or Sterling, it will be low wage.

Also, it is written in the contract that if a low wage employee wants to move up to full status (pay and bennies) once Ford has reach the magic 20%, of they are at Rawsonville or Sterling they will have to transfer to another plant.

I know that Rawsonville is at very low capacity right now, they could put all kinds of work back in there and hire nothing but low wagers.

We are told that those two plants will not be accepting ACHers. The company got some kind of agreement with the UAW to staff those two plants with ONLY lower wage employees. The UAW probably agreed just to keep them open. I know that the chairman at Rawsonville (Joel Goddard) is a national negotiator and he probably agreed to keep the plant open. I don't think they will force anyone out, but when it comes to replacing people at Rawsonville or Sterling, it will be low wage.

Also, it is written in the contract that if a low wage employee wants to move up to full status (pay and bennies) once Ford has reach the magic 20%, of they are at Rawsonville or Sterling they will have to transfer to another plant.

I know that Rawsonville is at very low capacity right now, they could put all kinds of work back in there and hire nothing but low wagers.

i do know that those entry level people at raws and sterling, DO NOT count against the 20% total for company wide limit

Will current Ford employees at Sterling or Rawsonville ever be forced out? If yes then I don't see that happening for a while, their is no place to go. Their is about 2000 of us at Sterling.

Sun3, I don't know why you have such a grudge against Joel, but your plant was going to close, and Joel is the reason you are staying open. I know what I am saying is true, so you can choose to continue your bitterness - but realize the truth about who saved your plant.

As I have posted before--joel is a good negotiator.I NEVER said he wasn't!!! The fact that Rawsonville was really on the chopping block was denied by th plant reps at all times. All they would say is 'we have to fight to keep jobs' I think--just my opinion-that if people believed the plant was close to closing, many more people wouldv'e stepped up their game. Not all people care, not all people will do a good job and come to work everyday--you can't change them. It's the ones that couldv'e helped things improve that may have, had they known how serious things were.

I agree....they are Ford employees who didn't have to leave at the time of Visteon and they are 5824 strong!! And as of right now there are none signed up.

There will be postings instead of the flow back process. Which allows our members to choose what plant they want instead of signing up for first opening in 22 different plants! This is much better and lets members know exactly where you are going!! :rockon:

should have had postings all along instead of that horse manure flowback program. seniority should have been the standard for all workers nation wide!!!!!!

Will current Ford employees at Sterling or Rawsonville ever be forced out? If yes then I don't see that happening for a while, their is no place to go. Their is about 2000 of us at Sterling.

No current member employee will be forced out they can stay at Sterling/Rawsonville until they die quit or retire.

Yah Yah Yah, okay. I hate the newspapers, always did. They get about as many facts correct as the Nationa Enquirer. My bitterness is towards them not you.

No offense taken. I read articles from many sources on line, doesn't mean I support their product. Some of the information printed, was the first time I had seen the so called "list of plants", other than speculation.

yes it is on www.soldiersofsolidarity.com

look at the white book, or white pages, i forget what it is called, but it is on there....

pdf format.

i just read the letter on s.o.s. and i did not see any language that says that.the only thing i saw was the eleimination of the visteon supp. agreement. could you write what you felt is the part that says this? thanks

read the letter on sterling and raws, in the white book

that question was brought up, and told us no.

i hope they are wrong, and your right, but why else would they say that?

I said it b-4 and I'll say it again. Raws and Sterling are outside the 80/20 and Ford does not want any traditional employees filling them up. It would take yrs to hire entry level and that would defeat the purpose of keeping these 2 plants open and viable. That said dont be surprised to see buyout/buydowns shoved down ACHers throats. Trades and Prod. alike.Rumor at GM Poletown is a buyout of 30-20-20 or 40-20-20 for 30 and out. I repeat....rumor.

I said it b-4 and I'll say it again. Raws and Sterling are outside the 80/20 and Ford does not want any traditional employees filling them up. It would take yrs to hire entry level and that would defeat the purpose of keeping these 2 plants open and viable. That said dont be surprised to see buyout/buydowns shoved down ACHers throats. Trades and Prod. alike.Rumor at GM Poletown is a buyout of 30-20-20 or 40-20-20 for 30 and out. I repeat....rumor.

please lets try to stick to facts...I heard a rumor Syd Barrett will be coming to town to play with Pink Floyd.. Including Roger Waters....Thanks.

Edited by wakeup