Cougar....Miata

timmm55

It needs to be RWD, the C70 is C1 and thus FWD. The classic Cougers were RWD and any remake should be RWD. Why hasn't Ford been trying to tweak the RX-8 chassis whether to determine it can be modified into something else for Ford's use?

Why does it "need" to be RWD? And I am not sure what a "classic Couger" looks like....had a buddy that had a '73 Cougar convertible ....but Couger? never heard of one of those.... :hysterical:

I was having fun with this idea: make the Cougar off the Miata. Add a small back seat, TF 3.7 V6 (optional) /6 speed. Sort of a well mannered Monster Miata.

A Miata is too small to even think about a back seat, let a convertible w/ a back seat.

A proper Cougar in my mind would be Mustang based, as others have said.

I did a sketch of one a while back (see below)

Interesting idea though, reminds me of my Jag XE roadster idea a while back (I used the same picture of the Miata).

post-28332-1196055046_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1196055222_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

A Miata is too small to even think about a back seat, let a convertible w/ a back seat.

A proper Cougar in my mind would be Mustang based, as others have said.

It certainly could have a back seat if it was stretched as shown.

I too think a Cougar should be Mustang based. I've done several chops of exactly that. Just exploring other ideas.

post-19198-1196370531_thumb.jpg

It certainly could have a back seat if it was stretched as shown.

I too think a Cougar should be Mustang based. I've done several chops of exactly that. Just exploring other ideas.

Sorry, I didn't realize you stretched it. Maybe that's a possiblilty then. Good thought.

• 2 weeks later...
SCARY CONTINUES ALL OVER THE PLACE. :titanic:

Scary starts with you. If you don't like it.......I'd feel soooo terrible LOL. Besides it's an idea, any and all honest attempts to improve or add to the topic are welcome. A$$holes without ability or manners can STFU.