******2008 Motor Trend Car of the Year******

eddiehaskell

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie...just a question...why are you writing the Lincoln off BEFORE anyone has gotten behind the wheel, has hands on or even driven the thing?..........sounds like a guilty before proven innocent VENDETTA from a bunch of you guys.......and personally i think the MKS looks WAY superior to the Cadillac crease-mobile...add in snow/ sleet and AWD and it may outsell ALL of your afforementioned crown jewels put together......

Last I checked the STS, CTS, SRX, and Escalade could be had with AWD.

Last I checked the STS, CTS, SRX, and Escalade could be had with AWD.

I know...re-read a couple of posts ago....FWD is going to be the Lincolns main seller, FWD is also better in snow/ sleet ............the AWD was more a dig at the german imports...AWD is also avail for them but they sell is insignificant amounts....

What meter stick are you going to use to determine competition. One moment you guys say price, then driveline, then size. What is Lincoln's competition? Everyone and anything or some narrow esoteric enclave?

Audi Q7 was a counter to porsche and BMW's top ( not base model ) X5's.....they are substantially more $$$$$$ feature for feature...and hey if ford made a TF MkX ( monotone ditch the two tone interior ) that competed and was 65-70k enthusiasts would love it, but STILL buy what they consider prestige brands, and the rest of us would bitch about the price right? One persons gripe is anothers hot point...and thus the subject of gripe here...lincoln is middle ground right now...it is a gradual thing, much to somes shagrin....baby steps as such.....

Audi Q7 was a counter to porsche and BMW's top ( not base model ) X5's.....they are substantially more $$$$$$ feature for feature...and hey if ford made a TF MkX ( monotone ditch the two tone interior ) that competed and was 65-70k enthusiasts would love it, but STILL buy what they consider prestige brands, and the rest of us would bitch about the price right? One persons gripe is anothers hot point...and thus the subject of gripe here...lincoln is middle ground right now...it is a gradual thing, much to somes shagrin....baby steps as such.....

Well I and other won't pay a premium for middle ground.

But you can get better middle ground priced CUVs. RX, FX, MDX, CX-9, Murano, Highlander, Enclave, etc. What are they doing to stand out?

Hmmm....seems the Edge already beats out all of those in sales, so it must be doing SOMETHING right to stand out. The MKX also holds its own in the market just fine. It will only get better. Why the heck are you comparing the MKX to the CX9, Murano, and Highlander???? :headscratch:

Hmmm....seems the Edge already beats out all of those in sales, so it must be doing SOMETHING right to stand out. The MKX also holds its own in the market just fine. It will only get better. Why the heck are you comparing the MKX to the CX9, Murano, and Highlander???? :headscratch:

hallucinating w eddie.... :stirpot: but they are what people cross shop

Edited by Deanh

Let's sum this up this way:

How many threads in 2004 were taken over or concerned the Lincoln brand at all? NOT MANY.

The very fact that so many threads here are now Lincoln-oriented speaks volumes. Lincoln is relevant again, like it or not.

exactly....next up Mercury? I wonder. Cannot wait till the MkR starts trickling into threads/ rumours...THAT could be a crown jewel...AND perhaps the MK Flex.....very curious on that as well....

You said this vehicle was mid grade and had a price to reflect, these were the vehicles in the same price range as that is the current measure of comparison. As far as sales go, we are speaking of the MKX not Edge, but since you bring it up. Why purchase an MKX over and Edge?

Let's sum this up this way:

How many threads in 2004 were taken over or concerned the Lincoln brand at all? NOT MANY.

The very fact that so many threads here are now Lincoln-oriented speaks volumes. Lincoln is relevant again, like it or not.

Lincoln is relevant to those who have interest in the Ford Community. I think Lincoln is relevant as a marque only and however, as a luxury contender, I would not purchase it over a comparable Lexus, Infinti, etc. It's great there is enthusiasm among blueoval fans for the MKS but it would be fanstatic if the same could be said for those who purchase Lexus, Infinti, MB, etc.

Lincoln is relevant to those who have interest in the Ford Community. I think Lincoln is relevant as a marque only and however, as a luxury contender, I would not purchase it over a comparable Lexus, Infinti, etc. It's great there is enthusiasm among blueoval fans for the MKS but it would be fanstatic if the same could be said for those who purchase Lexus, Infinti, MB, etc.

Well all of those MKZ and MKX buyers had to come from SOMEWHERE. They sure weren't people trading in their Town Cars and Continentals. Lincoln is stealing customers from other luxury automakers. Perhaps not a lot of them, but it's a start.

And that's the thing with Lincoln right now. They have a considerable price advantage. The "comparable" Lexus or Infiniti is going to cost thousands of dollars more. Not everybody buying a luxury car has money to burn.

Well all of those MKZ and MKX buyers had to come from SOMEWHERE. They sure weren't people trading in their Town Cars and Continentals. Lincoln is stealing customers from other luxury automakers. Perhaps not a lot of them, but it's a start.

And that's the thing with Lincoln right now. They have a considerable price advantage. The "comparable" Lexus or Infiniti is going to cost thousands of dollars more. Not everybody buying a luxury car has money to burn.

Lincoln's are not Luxury cars anymore.

I mentioned it because your focus seems to be on the drive wheels and you are damn near WORSHIPPING BMW....now compare a BASE 525i with a LOADED AWD MKS.....are we on the same wave length now?...and then add a sprinkling of snow and black-ice....ohhhhh. and manual transmissions...theres a crowd pleaser for all of about 0.1% of the market.....makes REAL sense to attack that segment, this is BON Eddie...NOT BONG...put the stupid pipe back down.....
So in other words, Lincoln is going after old people that drive on black ice.

Terrific.

BTW, if price is an issue, why would I compare a base 525i with a loaded AWD MKS? The Cadillac CTS is the same size as a 5-Series and less expensive. I'll take a CTS ALL DAY EVERY DAY over a MKS.

RWD 304hp CTS > MKTaurus

AWD is useless for me and just adds to the price while also adding 200+ lbs to the curb weight.

Give me RWD and a manual trans....give me life, liberty and the pursuit....give me the CTS - Motor Trend's 2008 car of the year!!