• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have information, pictures, and or a brochure on the 2008 Lincoln Town Car? We are looking for one and don't know when it is going to be available.

Thanks.

Only thing I can tell you is that we start regular production of the TC in January. Typically with every new lauch it takes a couple of weeks to start shipping as they have to be aproved first. Check with your local dealer they should be able to provide you with more details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Production starts in January, yes. Town Cars will not be available at dealers, they are by Order only, from what I've been told. So if you want one, go order it now! :)

Sounds like Ford is killing off the Town Car....abeit slowly. Are Grand Marquis the only Panther chassis still openly available? As in, not "order only"....Crown Victoria is flat out N/A for 2008 and T/C is "order only"....what gives??

As the old Biblically-derived saying goes... "The handwriting is on the wall." It seems the Panther platform is heading for its finale.

I went up to the dealer today to pick up the default door pad code for my driver's door - I was in the service department - there was not a single Panther platform vehicle in for service at my Lincoln Mercury dealership.

Yet another reason Ford is killing the platform.

I went up to the dealer today to pick up the default door pad code for my driver's door - I was in the service department - there was not a single Panther platform vehicle in for service at my Lincoln Mercury dealership.

Yet another reason Ford is killing the platform.

I was getting my C.V. serviced a few weeks ago at Ford Linc Mercury in Pompano Beach Fla and they were loaded with Panthers.

South Florida loves Panthers.My family alone has 4.

Edited by MIAMI-DADE

System fill for the Lincoln began Dec. 19, the offical launch is Jan. 2/08, the 08 1/2 CV and GM's began Dec 19 as well. As to whether or not the pathers will be cancelled, production as been extended to 2012 after that we don't know. But Ford CEO Canada has said they will be built as long as there's demand, what that mean's is anyone's guess.

As far as ordering a Lincoln, you could probably order now.

Happy New Year

stapelec

Edited by stapelec

System fill for the Lincoln began Dec. 26, the offical launch is Jan. 2/08, the 08 1/2 CV and GM's began Dec 26 as well. As to whether or not the pathers will be cancelled, production as been extended to 2012 after that we don't know. But Ford CEO Canada has said they will be built as long as there's demand, what mean's is anyone's guess.

Happy New Year

stapelec

Thank you sooooooooo much for the info.My family can sleep better at night knowing they will be around till at least 2012.

My family was going into panic mode lately [for real] especially when our local Sheriff [broward Sheriff] starting mixing their fleet of Crown Vics with Crapslers and Miami-Dade mixing their Crown Vics with Wimpalas.

Happy NEW Year everybody!

System fill for the Lincoln began Dec. 19, the offical launch is Jan. 2/08, the 08 1/2 CV and GM's began Dec 19 as well. As to whether or not the pathers will be cancelled, production as been extended to 2012 after that we don't know. But Ford CEO Canada has said they will be built as long as there's demand, what that mean's is anyone's guess.

Happy New Year

stapelec

Translation, these cars will be around forever.

So whats the deal on these "'08 1/2 CV and GMs"? Any obvious changes? I assume you've seen them if they started building them last Dec 19.

Translation, these cars will be around forever.

So whats the deal on these "'08 1/2 CV and GMs"? Any obvious changes? I assume you've seen them if they started building them last Dec 19.

I don't know if they'll be around forever, 2012 is it at this point.

I work in body, so I haven't seen a finished car yet, the only physical change in body, was a that a stud on the dash panel was relocated, for what reason I don't know.

Edited by stapelec

I don't know if they'll be around forever, 2012 is it at this point.

I work in body, so I haven't seen a finished car yet, the only physical change in body, was a that a stud on the dash panel was relocated, for what reason I don't know.

I guess the 08 1/2's are the ones built after the Town Car came on-line?

Sounds like Ford is killing off the Town Car....abeit slowly. Are Grand Marquis the only Panther chassis still openly available? As in, not "order only"....Crown Victoria is flat out N/A for 2008 and T/C is "order only"....what gives??

Which, by the looks of it, thats exactly what is happening.

Which means that moving TC production to STAP was yet another bonehead move on Ford's part.

Which, by the looks of it, thats exactly what is happening.

Which means that moving TC production to STAP was yet another bonehead move on Ford's part.

Unless Ford has plans for Wixom that required Town Car production be moved out.....we hear elsewhere on this forum that work on Wixom continues.....for what reason? New Ranger? Verve? As yet unnamed panther replacement?

Unless Ford has plans for Wixom that required Town Car production be moved out.....we hear elsewhere on this forum that work on Wixom continues.....for what reason? New Ranger? Verve? As yet unnamed panther replacement?

Even if they did, why move TC production to STAP for at most a years or two?

I was getting my C.V. serviced a few weeks ago at Ford Linc Mercury in Pompano Beach Fla and they were loaded with Panthers.

South Florida loves Panthers.My family alone has 4.

I agree, there are tons of panthers of each type around here.

Since you were there recently, is Pompano Ford now integrated/merged w/ Pompano Lincoln/Mercury, because I noticed the Pompano Ford building is closed and says they moved north a few blocks -- I assumed it meant they consolidated w/ the Lincoln/Mercury dealer.

Thank you sooooooooo much for the info.My family can sleep better at night knowing they will be around till at least 2012.

My family was going into panic mode lately [for real] especially when our local Sheriff [broward Sheriff] starting mixing their fleet of Crown Vics with Crapslers and Miami-Dade mixing their Crown Vics with Wimpalas.

Happy NEW Year everybody!

I've noticed that as well, an increased number of Chrysler/Dodge/Chevy vehicles. I see several Charger and Impala squad cars (more Chargers in the Broward area, I believe the Impalas are more for the Miami-Dade area). I also know they are using Chrysler 300s as undercover units (also Five Hundreds), my neighbor drives an undercover 300.