2008 Family Car of the Year Winner

range

112707_taurus.jpg

2008 Family Car of the Year Winner

Couldn't have happened to an uglier car.... :hysterical:

Glad to see Ford is ponying up the coin for this kind of award though...since they wouldn't even coin up a Taurus picture in the Ford TV ad I saw the other night. The TV ad featured multiple pics of EVERY car in Ford's lineup except the respawned Five Hundread and as always and now obviously the fleet only Crown Vic.

Edited by Armada Master

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think many of Fords new cars are advertised well. Or smartly.

I was taught in Business School to sell with features and benefits. You list the features and explain the benefits of the features. You don't rely on the consumer to make the connection between the two. You spell it out.

I see ads that show a few features, with no explanations of any benefits. I see ads that seem to show some product benefits, that let you guess what the features are.

I believe some basic advertising needs to be done. Show the incredible features of the new Taurus, it's family size, it's economy, it's safety, it's ease of entry, and show the benifits of those features. Just saying it is large, without showing the size of the trunk, the fold down seats, the leg room in back, the high seating position, etc, doesn't tell the story. Mention the ease of entry, and then show some elderly people getting in and out. And lots of people have knee problems who aren't elderly. And lots of people like a SUV like driving position.

I also don't expect the features and benefits of the Taurus/Sable to impress the younger buyers, so why not aim it at the family and older buyers? Show it's features and benefits to the crowd likely to be buyers.

I think you are right. It is a good car and deserves much better advertising.....

I am 100% certian that if this car had a Avalon badge on it, it would have been run away hit by now....( At least the public would know all about the features/benifits by now )

Um, Roush Fenway Racing, not Roush Industries. One is half owner of the other, but they're not the same.

But it gets worse. According to Roush Fenway Racing, themselves, their headquarters (and main shop) is in Concord North Carolina. Some hack at Ford PR heard "Concord" and thought "Massachusetts".

Roush's organizational structure is so muddled and complex I don't even think Jack Roush understands what company fits where. Either way, Roush-Fenway isn't based in Massachusetts.

Edited by SVT_MAN

What's so ugly about it?

The front of the Sable looks much better with it's protruding better defined grille which matches the powerdome hoodlines. It gives it a strength and people still like strong grilles. The new Taurus just looks like an even tall strip accross the front. The headlights are just big tall flush and blocky squares. It is not a flowing or strong design and has no complex contours. It is as exciting as the front end of a Tempo and it looks like an amatuer with no skills using photoshop used a bunch of straight lines and blocks to alter it.

If Ford used the Sable-like nose with the three bar grille insert it would have looked more like a big brother to the Fusion.

However bring on the Taurus that will make us cry... Now they could use that in the next advertising.. Sort of like how the new Malibu is the car you can't ignore... The next Taurus will be the one that makes us cry tears of joy and bliss...

So true:

image008.jpg

For the rest of you, BOF does not equal "safe"

lol, I was watching a show about crash testing the other day, and they showed one from when it first started in the 50's. The car hit the wall and by the time it stopped everything from front to back had hit the wall because the car had simply collapsed.

Edited by suv_guy_19

lol, I was watching a show about crash testing the other day, and they showed one from when it first started in the 50's. The car hit the way and by the time it was everything from front to back had hit the wall because the car had simply collapsed.

Quit typing in Canadian and use ENGLISH!!!

What the hell is this:

The car hit the way and by the time it was everything from front to back had hit the wall because the car had simply collapsed.

Didn't you ever learn to "proof-read"

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Much better.

Your teachers would be proud.

I had a 91% average and received the Governor General's Bronze Medal (top honour in a Canadian High School) when I graduated. They already were. I don't put a huge amount of effort into posting so mistakes will happen. That said, that particular mistake was bad :lol:.

I had a 91% average and received the Governor General's Bronze Medal (top honour in a Canadian High School) when I graduated. They already were. I don't put a huge amount of effort into posting so mistakes will happen. That said, that particular mistake was bad :lol:.

Ok then, your teachers would be prouder. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

My sp,eling aNd 'gram"mer is ter?rible

112707_taurus.jpg

What's so ugly about it?

Nothing I guess if you like bloated, blinged up Tempo.

MyFordTempo.jpg

image008.jpg

And I'd venture to say if that was a comparably sized unibody taking that hit, it would be crushed up to the front seats.

buick_roadmaster.jpg

I've never advocated my love of the my vehicle's good looks or lack thereof. I buy for what's under the skin. And here's some pics of my fleet: 14_6_11.gif

1994RMpassfender-resized.jpg

PostWreckpicedited.jpg

For the rest of you, BOF does not equal "safe"

You just put your safety on unibody, I'll leave mine with body-on-frame, hands down.

Edited by Armada Master