Is this True?

RangerM

I was at TTAC reading another unrelated article:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/news-blog...share-collapse/

The crux of the article was unrelated to Mazda, save for the following:

"....we hear that Ford's honoring its pledge to cut back on fleet sales by giving the job to Mazda, accounting for the lion's share of their Japanese "partner's" reported growth."

Anyone heard of this?

The theory is flawed: Mazda may be ramping up fleet sales, but it's not as if Mazda could ever "replace" Ford's fleet sales without a significant uptick in volume. The (old) Taurus turned more than 20K/month in pure fleet volume. This past everal months has seen a sales rate for the Mazda6 is around 4-7K/month. Even if those are nothing but fleet that'd still be a drop in the bucket compared to the (old) Taurus's volume.

And I doubt Mazda would be trying to ramp up production of the Mazda3 in Japan so they can simply sell them for little/no profit here in the US.

Scott

TTAC - nuff said .. I wonder how come they never report on all those Priuses with E on the tail .. or the Altimas ..

nah .. let's just pick on domestics ..

Igor

the hertz place i drive by often because its close to home should have hyundai and toyota signs, most of its cars these days are exactly that. most customers would confuse it with a car lot.

Since when did TTAC ever make any sense or have any real credibility anyways?