So now that the Taurus flopped.

LincolnFan

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll keep it simple. This is the most moronic, ill-informed, and frequently adolescent thread I've encountered in a long time, and easily the worst I've ever seen on this site. It's enough to keep people from bothering to get involved. Some people just can't seem to disagree without demeaning or ridiculing the other party. We usually call such people "teenagers."

On the Taurus: I suspect that precious few of the negative nabobs of negativism blustering here about the Taurus have ever stood within a hundred feet of one, let alone actually driven one. I believe that anyone who takes the time to drive one will see that it is as good or better a car overall than almost anything in its price range. Even the car mags are finding it hard to say anything negative about it. Though it's looks are still less than exciting to many, in a recent two day rental drive in one, I was stopped in parking lots three times by people who asked what kind of car it was, as they thought it elegant and expensive looking. Two guessed that it was a new Audi. The problem many Ford dealers have, in my personal experience, is that they don't have the faintest idea how to sell anything but trucks and Mustangs. This is mostly because trucks and Mustangs are bought by people who make their minds up before going to a dealer at all.

As for front drive, gosh, I guess it's so patently inferior that the best selling cars in the country for the last two decades have been front drivers (Taurus, Camry, Accord, depending on the year). I like the feel of rear drive cars like my Lincoln LS, but I've also enjoyed the feel and handling of several front drive cars I've owned. When I lived in Chicago, I twice made the mistake of buying rear drive, a BMW 530i and a Mazda RX-7. In the snowy, icy winters, I had to park both those cars in a garage for most of the season as they were dangerously unstable and way too easy to get stuck. Like most Chicagoans, I switched to front drive and stayed with it until I finally moved to California, where rear drive again became a reasonable option. But not in Chicago.

Finally, to the folks here calling others cutesy and insulting names, grow up. What's next, the "N-word?"

When I lived in Chicago, I twice made the mistake of buying rear drive, a BMW 530i and a Mazda RX-7. In the snowy, icy winters, I had to park both those cars in a garage for most of the season as they were dangerously unstable and way too easy to get stuck.

?????

Can't speak for the RX-7, but I had a BMW 3 Series when I lived in Germany & that car handled the snow and ice beautifully! Was my first experience with a really well balanced car in the snow, and I was very impressed with it's foul weather manners. Also drove a 5 Series a lot, while not as good as my 3, it was certainly not "dangerously unstable" and I never got stuck in either car.

As for front drive, gosh, I guess it's so patently inferior that the best selling cars in the country for the last two decades have been front drivers (Taurus, Camry, Accord, depending on the year).

The best selling vehicle period is the F- Series, And it is RWD. so what is your point ?

Matthew

?????

Can't speak for the RX-7, but I had a BMW 3 Series when I lived in Germany & that car handled the snow and ice beautifully! Was my first experience with a really well balanced car in the snow, and I was very impressed with it's foul weather manners. Also drove a 5 Series a lot, while not as good as my 3, it was certainly not "dangerously unstable" and I never got stuck in either car.

What car can really handle ice "beautifully"? Other than a parked one? LOL On perfectly glare ice you can't steer, brake or accelerate.

Yesterday I was watching "World's Worst Drivers" on CourtTV. They had FWD, AWD and RWD cars sliding around (and hitting) each other on snow/ice.

The best selling vehicle period is the F- Series, And it is RWD. so what is your point ?

Matthew

As he said "As for front drive, gosh, I guess it's so patently inferior that the best selling cars in the country for the last two decades have been front drivers (Taurus, Camry, Accord, depending on the year)."

CARs, Matthew...CARS ...and the Taurus is a car, not a truck.

Edited by timmm55

What car can really handle ice "beautifully"? LOL On perfectly glare ice you can't steer, brake or accelerate.

True,

I was using the term snow and ice to best represent the conditions of the German roads

However, we used to take our winter beaters out on a local bay when the ice got thick enough, you would be surprised how fast you can get going! Once up to speed, stopping is another matter!

Edited by Hemiman

FWD in snow is for lesbians.

We all know by now you're into flaming. And you like to accuse people of being homosexual, as you admitted.

No, but I enjoy accusing people of homosexuality.
Your need for attention is disturbing. You seem to have "issues" with sexuality that may or may not be your own.

Thank God I live in Saudi, no matter how it sucks I don't think I ever want to see men making up in public *puke*.

Some of the most homophobic are in fact self-loathing closet cases. They are obsessed with chasing out their "evil demons" http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/27/craig.arrest/

Get Help!

None of this has anything to do with the Taurus! Or even FWD, can we get back on topic?

Edited by timmm55

We all know by now you're into flaming. And you like to accuse people of being homosexual, as you admitted. Your need for attention is disturbing. You seem to have "issues" with sexuality that may or may not be your own.

Some of the most homophobic are in fact self-loathing closet cases. They are obsessed with chasing out their "evil demons" http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/27/craig.arrest/

Get Help!

None of this has anything to do with the Taurus! Or even FWD, can we get back on topic?

The topic was a trolling topic from the beginning, insulting random people is allowed in BOF. So why are you objecting? Whether I am homophobic or not, this is my life and I couldn't care less about your opinion.

Closet case? Iono, if I saw two men together around here, I'd probably:

1) Puke.

2) Keep on puking.

3) Report it to the police so they can get raped by law.

The topic was a trolling topic from the beginning, insulting random people is allowed in BOF. So why are you objecting? Whether I am homophobic or not, this is my life and I couldn't care less about your opinion.

Closet case? Iono, if I saw two men together around here, I'd probably:

1) Puke.

2) Keep on puking.

3) Report it to the police so they can get raped by law.

1) Good to see you are admitting to being a troll. That's the first step.

2) I object to boorish behavior in general, insults specifically. Name calling in particular.

3) I never said you were a closet case, I said "Some of the most homophobic are in fact self-loathing closet cases" but if the ruby slipper fits, wear it! But you'll still need years of therapy, gay or not. You have other sexual issues, why else would you care SO MUCH?

4) You can puke your guts out....I don't care. Left untreated you'll get acid reflux and ulcers, and die....because you hate gay people sooo much! How appropriate! :happy feet:

5) The police aren't going to do anything about PDAs (public displays of affection)...they have more important things to do.

1) Good to see you are admitting to being a troll. That's the first step.

2) I object to boorish behavior in general, insults specifically. Name calling in particular.

3) I never said you were a closet case, I said "Some of the most homophobic are in fact self-loathing closet cases" but if the ruby slipper fits, wear it! But you'll still need years of therapy, gay or not. You have other sexual issues, why else would you care SO MUCH?

4) You can puke your guts out....I don't care. Left untreated you'll get acid reflux and ulcers, and die....because you hate gay people sooo much! How appropriate! :happy feet:

5) The police aren't going to do anything about PDAs (public displays of affection)...they have more important things to do.

I said once, and I suppose I will have to say it again. I am not a troll.

Then send your complaint to Mr. Richard Jensen, I am sure he won't give a shit.

Years of therapy? damn. I am such a hopeless cause.

Lulz, comment of teh week. NOT.

uhm, you know, buttfucking is possibily the worst crime you can comment in Saudi?

As he said "As for front drive, gosh, I guess it's so patently inferior that the best selling cars in the country for the last two decades have been front drivers (Taurus, Camry, Accord, depending on the year)."

CARs, Matthew...CARS ...and the Taurus is a car, not a truck.

So what. the bulk of the P/U trucks solad are used like cars 90% of the time. And of all the Trucks I have owned how often I have pulled 10,000 lbs...never.

If RWD was such a huge issue people would not be using being trucks for grocery getting. As mst are used. And in the places that see severe winters the bulk of the vehicles on the road are RWD. The fiurther north you go the higher the percentage of RWD vehicles. I think has more to do with most Americans have no or limited winters and when the snow falls in anamount or the roads get icy they are lost. And never get enough wheel time in those conditions to make an educated decision about it one way or anouther.

Matthew

I think has more to do with most Americans have no or limited winters and when the snow falls in anamount or the roads get icy they are lost. And never get enough wheel time in those conditions to make an educated decision about it one way or anouther.

Yeah. That must be it. We're all idiots. Thanks for pointing out that -all- Great White North people are the unquestioned kings of winter driving, while all us people in the tropical climes of South Dakota, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan, New York, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, Washington, Oregon, etc. are barely able to keep our FWD deathmobiles between the ditches after a half inch of that stuff that's all white--gee, I forget what they call it up in Canada... oh yeah, snow. Oh, yeah, and thanks for also pointing out something that I had no idea about--that all our trucks are RWD. Gee. I guess I got all confused by the giant 4x4 stickers on them and thought they were 4x4 trucks. Man, what was I smoking?

p.s. do you even -know- how much snow falls in Buffalo, New York, ever year? I'll give you a hint: it's a lot more than Edmonton. In fact, I'd bet that the Great Lakes states get more snow than any subarctic Canadian region.

Maybe you should stop assuming things about hundreds of millions of people you've never met before (like, for instance, that Canadians get better medical care in the U.S. because the doc knows he'll get paid).

Edited by RichardJensen