So now that the Taurus flopped.

LincolnFan

What's Mr. Mulally going to do about it? I remember him mentioning that the upcoming Taurus is "eye-watering". Hell yeah it should be if it's going to be like this flop.

Mr.Mulally, I have a better idea instead of stumbling around with an outdated swedish platform that will only bring the brand down and waste tons and tons of cash. Use the Ford jet which you like to abuse, go to Australia, meet Mr. Tom there and ask him about FoAus financial status, offer financial help and MAKE THEM WORK ON A LEFT-HAND DRIVE VERSION. Oh yea, cancel that eye-watering Taurus. Let it die in peace.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Mr. Mulally going to do about it? I remember him mentioning that the upcoming Taurus is "eye-watering". Hell yeah it should be if it's going to be like this flop.

Mr.Mulally, I have a better idea instead of stumbling around with an outdated swedish platform that will only bring the brand down and waste tons and tons of cash. Use the Ford jet which you like to abuse, go to Australia, meet Mr. Tom there and ask him about FoAus financial status, offer financial help and MAKE THEM WORK ON A LEFT-HAND DRIVE VERSION. Oh yea, cancel that eye-watering Taurus. Let it die in peace.

we will get both. relax.

flopped? The D3's have been increasing sales every month ... they are climbing back up and with WAY LESS fleet sales than before the freshening.

all new Taurus in 2010 model year

RWD sedans coming starting 2010 or 2011 model year.

Igor

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: LincolnFan.

· View this post

· Un-ignore LincolnFan

Lincon

you went from a reasonable member with unique out-of-US perspective to a troll - you are not worth my time ... have a nice life ..

Igor

flopped? The D3's have been increasing sales every month ... they are climbing back up and with WAY LESS fleet sales than before the freshening.

Igor

2010 is really close... Just around the corner... If anything they are responding quicker to market changes and needs than ever before. Ford won't even be the same as it is now in just a short period of time.

Edited by Watchdevil

Perhaps you have noticed some of my posts with rwd Taurus in them? With 2365 posts you must be on here 24/7.

That this person can even find a computer's power switch is really damned amazing.

The D3s ARE climbing every month, and with less fleet involvement. You're calling "flop" after a handful of months is the kind or dribble I'd expect from the bu-bu-bu-boy, like when he announced that Ford would immediately get lazy on quality when it won all the JDP awards.

I'll state for the record that I agree it needs real advertising-like the Five Hundred also did-but as good reviews keep coming, the cars will find more homes. But, now...on to the rest of your moron-a-thon:

1. Read Car and Driver's review of the Taurus or Automobile's of the Taurus X, and understand why "outdated" would be news to either publication. Then get "dufus" tattooed on you forehead as a warning to others.

2. The whole "abusing the plane" bit...wow...you have a record of his usage, and proof of abuse, right? Why am I skeptical? Be sure to get that tattoo.

3. The free world is aware that Ford NA and For AUS are working together toward a rwd platform...apparently, you're a bit slower than, well, everyone. REMEMBER THE TATTOO!!

Well, in all honesty, the Taurus really isn't doing that well. It's well enough, I suppose, with almost zero fleet sales since their first months after launch, but we really need to be seeing 10,000 from the three almost every month, 120,000 minimum with no more than 5-7% fleet over a year.

Seriously, all it would take is a real ad campaign. I just wish Ford got that.

Negatards are negatards, and do what they gotta do.

Taurus is doing alright, considering how it came to be and how it is currently promoted.

IMHO, it was the Freestyle that was the mistake, because it looked just like the SUV's that already existed, and as such was a confusion.

The point is, the Freestyle should have been a 500 STATION WAGON. But that's just my benighted opinion.

As a Ford dealer I am disappointed in my Taurus/Sable/X sales. In fact I sold more 500/Freestyles/Montego's last year. But then everything is down this year. I think the Taurus won't get any respect until 2010. The 500/Taurus debacle used up any goodwill the industry might have given it. Not that the car is bad...far from it. But visually it is a very light refresh of a 500. Interior and engine upgrades aside, it's not enough to impress the masses.

Edited by campbell53

Well, in all honesty, the Taurus really isn't doing that well. It's well enough, I suppose, with almost zero fleet sales since their first months after launch, but we really need to be seeing 10,000 from the three almost every month, 120,000 minimum with no more than 5-7% fleet over a year.

ad campaign agreed....one other word should be added...Styling....awful in anything but dark colors, this designer and the focus must have been swapping atrocities at the local during lunch hours and going back annebriated....good car but FROM BEHIND THE WHEEL....Taurus X's front end superior in ALL respects....

With CAFE going to 35 mpg, GM is re-thinking the whole "return to RWD'. Next Impala is in limbo. So, looks like the "RWD comeback" knee jerkly predicted when the Mopar 300 debuted was a eye watering dream.

The trogladytes can demand RWD big cars all day, but they will never see 1965 come back. And down in AUS, their RWD cars are not selling in big #'s anymore, either.

There will be plenty of used Panthers for the aging Panther Mafia to last them the next 20 years until they stop driving, cuz they are 75 y/o.

RWD does not automatically equal bad gas mileage. When you throw in a big V8 into the equation is when you see the mileage issues. A I4 or V6 powered RWD sedan can be just as economical as their FWD counterparts.

RWD does not automatically equal bad gas mileage. When you throw in a big V8 into the equation is when you see the mileage issues. A I4 or V6 powered RWD sedan can be just as economical as their FWD counterparts.

Tom is right. The auto industry only switched the bulk of its cars to FWD because they are cheaper and easier to build that way. Meanwhile you still pay more for them while they sell you some BS about how FWD is better in the snow and thats why they did it.

Oh snap, it's the Ford cheerqueers! What a very unpleasent surprise!

It looks like the Cheerqueers have taken the case again to defend mediocrity and everything wrong with Ford! ... again!

Let's see what we have here:

Igor

They're climbing back up?! lol. So they're still not selling as much as the underpowered Five-Hundred in it's first year? The car just made it's debut, it's supposed to sell in higher numbers!!! LOOK UP THE 08 ESCAPE, 08 FOCUS FOR REFERENCE.

Perhaps you have noticed some of my posts with rwd Taurus in them? With 2365 posts you must be on here 24/7.

1st of all, you don't work for Ford.

Second of all, everytime I brought up the RWD Taurus you outright denied it. Stop making that up cupcakes.

Is it so hard for you cheerqueers to think like this guy? Yes, I bet it is.

Negatards are negatards, and do what they gotta do.

Taurus is doing alright, considering how it came to be and how it is currently promoted.

IMHO, it was the Freestyle that was the mistake, because it looked just like the SUV's that already existed, and as such was a confusion.

The point is, the Freestyle should have been a 500 STATION WAGON. But that's just my benighted opinion.

Doing alright? If it was doing alright, why did they export it to ME? They never exported it pre-refresh.

All what the Taurus is doing right now is selling a wee bit (read 3 to 4 hundred) over the orginal boring, underpowered, equipped with CVT (which some people didn't like and turned away from the car thanks to it) Five-hundred. Where the freaking hell is the bright side, because I see no light in the end of the road for the Taurus.

As a Ford dealer I am disappointed in my Taurus/Sable/X sales. In fact I sold more 500/Freestyles/Montego's last year. But then everything is down this year. I think the Taurus won't get any respect until 2010. The 500/Taurus debacle used up any goodwill the industry might have given it. Not that the car is bad...far from it. But visually it is a very light refresh of a 500. Interior and engine upgrades aside, it's not enough to impress the masses.

Thank you, but too bad you will not be taken seriously because now you're considered the enemy.

ad campaign agreed....one other word should be added...Styling....awful in anything but dark colors, this designer and the focus must have been swapping atrocities at the local during lunch hours and going back annebriated....good car but FROM BEHIND THE WHEEL....Taurus X's front end superior in ALL respects....

Deanh, you work for a dealer, don't you? How's the Taurus selling in Cali?

You hit the nail on the head. It's a light refresh of a bland car....500 improvements nonwithstanding. The renaming didn't fool anyone. The original Taurus/Sable were trend setting and eye-catching.

You're right, it's not a bad car, "far from it" I agree. It's just uninteresting. Safe yet boring. If it was beautifully styled that would make it noteworthy enough, the rest of the car is quite good. Reminds me of AMC/Rambler in the early 60s. It is hopefully enough to fill in the gap till the new model.

''A I4 or V6 powered RWD sedan can be just as economical as their FWD counterparts.''

yeah. and watch the Mafia have strokes hearing that. The RWD Chevette sure was a great car!

In Europe, where gas is too f-n high, you sure do not see a lot of RWD 'economy sedans'. Only the filthy rich are driving the RWD luxo and sports cars.

If any new RWD sedan is to be coming, expect diesel or hybird power which the P Mafia equates with Communism. There won't be any 6 liter, 400 HP 'super Vics', "Hot Rod Lincolns' or "maurauders'