So now that the Taurus flopped.

LincolnFan

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what. the bulk of the P/U trucks solad are used like cars 90% of the time. And of all the Trucks I have owned how often I have pulled 10,000 lbs...never.

If RWD was such a huge issue people would not be using being trucks for grocery getting. As mst are used. And in the places that see severe winters the bulk of the vehicles on the road are RWD. The fiurther north you go the higher the percentage of RWD vehicles. I think has more to do with most Americans have no or limited winters and when the snow falls in anamount or the roads get icy they are lost. And never get enough wheel time in those conditions to make an educated decision about it one way or anouther.

Matthew

matthew...get the babys dummy outa your mouth and start thinking logically...Trucks are NOT bought solely as a means of personal shopping...they serve a purpose, they are rear wheel drive for a REASON....when one loads up the bed the weight is ....guess what?...OVER THE DRIVE WHEELS AS THIS GIVES THE BEST OVERALL TRACTION! That is why a MAJORITY of sedans ARE Front wheel drive, plus it is easier ( proabbly cheaper is the REAL reason) to convert to AWD....day by day you are becoming more "troll" like and deploying argumentitive clap trap just to raisse others ire...what happened man? P71, Licolnfan, Tommy and PC have a block party you were invited too? Step back from the ledge and at least base your comments with something that at least resembles intelligence.....bought for grocery shopping may rank as one of the DAP's of the year,,,,,

Edited by Deanh

Yeah. That must be it. We're all idiots. Thanks for pointing out that -all- Great White North people are the unquestioned kings of winter driving, while all us people in the tropical climes of South Dakota, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan, New York, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, Washington, Oregon, etc. are barely able to keep our FWD deathmobiles between the ditches after a half inch of that stuff that's all white--gee, I forget what they call it up in Canada... oh yeah, snow. Oh, yeah, and thanks for also pointing out something that I had no idea about--that all our trucks are RWD. Gee. I guess I got all confused by the giant 4x4 stickers on them and thought they were 4x4 trucks. Man, what was I smoking?

p.s. do you even -know- how much snow falls in Buffalo, New York, ever year? I'll give you a hint: it's a lot more than Edmonton. In fact, I'd bet that the Great Lakes states get more snow than any subarctic Canadian region.

Maybe you should stop assuming things about hundreds of millions of people you've never met before (like, for instance, that Canadians get better medical care in the U.S. because the doc knows he'll get paid).

I've been named king...hoooray. lol. I know it gets snowy in the US. We get enough snow in Winnipeg, but the thing I really hate is the cold.

I said once, and I suppose I will have to say it again. I am not a troll.

Then send your complaint to Mr. Richard Jensen, I am sure he won't give a shit.

Years of therapy? damn. I am such a hopeless cause.

Lulz, comment of teh week. NOT.

uhm, you know, buttfucking is possibily the worst crime you can comment in Saudi?

So, were's supposed to follow the Arabs in their quest for criminal justice????? You are truly an idiot. The Islamic Governments (not the Koran) have instituted violence against women and homosexuals.

"Six officially Islamic countries (Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, and the 12 northern states of Nigeria) invoke shariaIslamic religious law – and maintain the death penalty for consensual same-sex sex, according to human rights watchdog Amnesty International."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0512/p09s01-coop.html

"The Saudi kingdom is known for its harsh treatment of women, who are prohibited from driving or leaving their homes without their husbands, fathers, or brothers. In public, they are forced to wear suffocating black veils that cover them from head to toe, turning them into shadows of the men they walk behind. Baz wore a head scarf on her show, not a veil covering her face."

The attitudes there are changing, very slowly.

http://www.ukgaynews.org.uk/Archive/07/Dec/0302.htm

“This first time ever that a high-level religious forum has talked, acknowledged and accepted gays,” said AbualSameed.

“This will open the door to talks with the Muslim gay community and help other gay Muslims to come out in a safer space.”

To see theologians from Egyptian and Syrian universities, and imams – Muslim community leaders – from India, Sudan and Pakistan defy official Islamic homophobia is “definitively a first,” said sheikh Abul Kalam Azad, chairman of the Masjid (mosque) Council for Community Advancement, in Bangladesh.

Maybe you should stop assuming things about hundreds of millions of people you've never met before (like, for instance, that Canadians get better medical care in the U.S. because the doc knows he'll get paid).

Aw, lighten up. A lot of Canucks have to see a picture before laying sod.

See, a lot of Canucks are hard-wired to think of the US as a relatively warm environment, when the truth is, if anything, the central-north cluster of states (with Manitoba/Saskatchewan on top) get the worst gawddam weather on the continent. Yeah, it snows in Buffalo, and Boston and New York, and it can be a hell of a challenge, but compared to Fargo? That's one scary, scary movie — and that's just the weather.

So, when a lot of Canucks think of the US, the brain auto-pilots to California or Nashville. Nice, friendly, warm. Warm is good. :)

Aw, lighten up. A lot of Canucks have to see a picture before laying sod.

See, a lot of Canucks are hard-wired to think of the US as a relatively warm environment, when the truth is, if anything, the central-north cluster of states (with Manitoba/Saskatchewan on top) get the worst gawddam weather on the continent. Yeah, it snows in Buffalo, and Boston and New York, and it can be a hell of a challenge, but compared to Fargo? That's one scary, scary movie — and that's just the weather.

So, when a lot of Canucks think of the US, the brain auto-pilots to California or Nashville. Nice, friendly, warm. Warm is good. :)

Reminds me of the old Norwegian joke:

"Did you hear about the 5 man Norwegian sod laying crew?"

"No."

"Yep. Four guys on the lawn, and one guy on the back of the truck saying, 'Green side up, boys, green side up!'"

--

My dad went to grad school in Grand Forks, said he used to get up at 4 or 5 in the morning and start his car, in order to be able to start it at 8 when he went to campus, and that was WITH a block heater.

?

p.s. do you even -know- how much snow falls in Buffalo, New York, ever year? I'll give you a hint: it's a lot more than Edmonton. In fact, I'd bet that the Great Lakes states get more snow than any subarctic Canadian region.

sure... Irv Weinstein tells us right after he's let us in on the latest fire and liquor store robberies

:happy feet:

I've been to Fargo/Moorehead....and I agree 100% It was -70 with the wind chill.

Well, around here, they say the only good thing to come out of North Dakota is I-29. (cue rimshot).

It's an entire state north of Aberdeen, SD, which for some reason is always 20 degrees colder than every part of SD that -isn't- Aberdeen.

Or, judging by recent history, us SDSU fans can say, "that's why we beat them in football nearly half the time."

So, were's supposed to follow the Arabs in their quest for criminal justice????? You are truly an idiot. The Islamic Governments (not the Koran) have instituted violence against women and homosexuals.

"Six officially Islamic countries (Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, and the 12 northern states of Nigeria) invoke shariaIslamic religious law – and maintain the death penalty for consensual same-sex sex, according to human rights watchdog Amnesty International."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0512/p09s01-coop.html

"The Saudi kingdom is known for its harsh treatment of women, who are prohibited from driving or leaving their homes without their husbands, fathers, or brothers. In public, they are forced to wear suffocating black veils that cover them from head to toe, turning them into shadows of the men they walk behind. Baz wore a head scarf on her show, not a veil covering her face."

The attitudes there are changing, very slowly.

http://www.ukgaynews.org.uk/Archive/07/Dec/0302.htm

“This first time ever that a high-level religious forum has talked, acknowledged and accepted gays,” said AbualSameed.

“This will open the door to talks with the Muslim gay community and help other gay Muslims to come out in a safer space.”

To see theologians from Egyptian and Syrian universities, and imams – Muslim community leaders – from India, Sudan and Pakistan defy official Islamic homophobia is “definitively a first,” said sheikh Abul Kalam Azad, chairman of the Masjid (mosque) Council for Community Advancement, in Bangladesh.

Ok first of all, /facepalm. Who the hell brought up women?

I wonder how my mother is still alive if the veil was suffocating her, oh wait...

Women aren't forbidden from leaving their homes without their father/brother/son..etc., forbidden from driving, yes. But we do have chaffuers. Personally, I wouldn't drive if I can have a chaffuer, but hey, nobody understands women. (< I will be flamed for that, oddly enough everyone who will flame me will ask the same question later)

And where the crap is the violence against women? You wanna see violence against women? Look at those drunken trash in YOUR country where they beat up women for kicks. Violence against any person whether man or woman is forbidden in Islam.

Screw fags/lesbos, I will never accept them without a proof that Islam supports them. And I am loaded with evidence against them. It's not natural, it's something only fucked up people do.

Take for example, have you heard of animals of the same sex screw each other? I don't think so.

You can't come closer than 20 feet to a dump, so why the fuck do you go searching for it in other people's holes? It's just wrong, beyond my comprehension.

I stopped reading after this Syrian universities.

Yeah. That must be it. We're all idiots. Thanks for pointing out that -all- Great White North people are the unquestioned kings of winter driving, while all us people in the tropical climes of South Dakota, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan, New York, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, Washington, Oregon, etc. are barely able to keep our FWD deathmobiles between the ditches after a half inch of that stuff that's all white--gee, I forget what they call it up in Canada... oh yeah, snow. Oh, yeah, and thanks for also pointing out something that I had no idea about--that all our trucks are RWD. Gee. I guess I got all confused by the giant 4x4 stickers on them and thought they were 4x4 trucks. Man, what was I smoking?

Most Amercans do not get 5 months + strait of sub freezing temps. And BTW I grew up In Toronto so I know all about the winters in that part of the country. And they are nothing compered to what we get here. And now they are nothing compared what was gotten there 30 years ago. I lived through the record seeting snow fall of 76 in fact I was stranded in Buffalo during that.

So there is F all you can tell me about the winters in the north east. I wish we had those kind of winters here.

Matthew

Take for example, have you heard of animals of the same sex screw each other? I don't think so.

Oh really:

Homosexual sexual behavior occurs in the animal kingdom, especially in social species, particularly in marine birds and mammals, monkeys, and the great apes. Homosexual behavior has been observed among 1,500 species, and in 500 of those it is well documented.[126] [4]. This discovery constitutes a major argument against those calling into question the biological legitimacy or naturalness of homosexuality, or those regarding it as a meditated social decision. For example, male penguin couples have been documented to mate for life, build nests together, and to use a stone as a surrogate egg in nesting and brooding. In a well-publicized story from 2004, the Central Park Zoo in the United States replaced one male couple's stone with a fertile egg, which the couple then raised as their own offspring.[127]

The genetic basis of animal homosexuality has been studied in the fly Drosophila melanogaster.[128] Here, multiple genes have been identified that can cause homosexual courtship and mating.[78] These genes are thought to control behavior through pheromones as well as altering the structure of the animal's brains.[129][130] These studies have also investigated the influence of environment on the likelihood of flies displaying homosexual behavior.[131][132]

Georgetown University professor Janet Mann has specifically theorized that homosexual behavior, at least in dolphins, is an evolutionary advantage that minimizes intraspecies aggression, especially among males.[133] Studies indicating prenatal homosexuality in certain animal species have had social and political implications surrounding the gay rights debate.[134]

Wikipedia

matthew...get the babys dummy outa your mouth and start thinking logically...Trucks are NOT bought solely as a means of personal shopping...they serve a purpose, they are rear wheel drive for a REASON....when one loads up the bed the weight is ....guess what?...OVER THE DRIVE WHEELS AS THIS GIVES THE BEST OVERALL TRACTION! That is why a MAJORITY of sedans ARE Front wheel drive, plus it is easier ( proabbly cheaper is the REAL reason) to convert to AWD....day by day you are becoming more "troll" like and deploying argumentitive clap trap just to raisse others ire...what happened man? P71, Licolnfan, Tommy and PC have a block party you were invited too? Step back from the ledge and at least base your comments with something that at least resembles intelligence.....bought for grocery shopping may rank as one of the DAP's of the year,,,,,

DUH stating the obviuos.

How many P/U trucks do see loaded? How many spend thier lives loaded all the time ? What percentage even ever see heavy loads ? Here it is very few and they are bough as the vehicle of choice and are used for no more then grocery getting. They get used for every thing. Do poeple suddenly park their P/U's every time some snow flys ? Hell no. Here the cars get parked and the trucks are driven. Get clue already. it still does not change the fact that p/U are largest selling segment. Nor does it change the fact the bulk of them never see any thing near heavy use. Kinda like all those 4wd SUV's that never see use in 4wd. Do poeple need them absolulty not but they still buy them.

Tough time educating the retarted. FWD is not superior in traction in fact the just oppsite. The only traction advantage it has it getting moving from a stop on flat surface in slick conditions. And that is a narrow one at best. As a properly equipped RWD will perform just as good.

FWD is used in cars cause it is the cheapest method to manufacture them simple as that . And not for any other reason.

matthew