Lincoln Flex Info

Bigbuck15

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything sounds old to you. Even "new" sounds old to you.

Says the guy who owns an old black and white that is still........ black and white.

Fairlane is a stupid name for a car that is being targeted at individuals who HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A FAIRLANE.

What should Ford do? Run a whole bunch of commercials with pictures of OLD CARS and say, "This is what a Fairlane was. We feel it is important you should know why we've decided to stick this incredibly antique name on a brand new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Says the guy who owns an old black and white that is still........ black and white.

Fairlane is a stupid name for a car that is being targeted at individuals who HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A FAIRLANE.

What should Ford do? Run a whole bunch of commercials with pictures of OLD CARS and say, "This is what a Fairlane was. We feel it is important you should know why we've decided to stick this incredibly antique name on a brand new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thank you my later ego. We so often think alike lol

Edited by suv_guy_19

Are you drunk tonight?? What does that have to do with the MKFlex?

Again...so? So they never heard of it, BIG FUCKING DEAL!

Are you drunk tonight?? What does that have to do with the MKFlex?

Again...so? So they never heard of it, BIG FUCKING DEAL!

1) it's a reference to your earlier insult of suv guy.

2) Well, why complain about Fairlane? Why not call it the Ford Diet of Worms? Not very many people have heard of that either?

I mean there are so many things that people -haven't heard of-. Why restrict ourselves to dead Ford products?

Why not name it the Ford Seurat? Ford Hippocampus? Ford Pi Meson? Ford Sphagnum Moss? Ford Vacuole? Ford Magma? Ford Oort Cloud? Ford Van Alen Belt? Ford Transverse Colon? Ford Dura Matter? Ford Goya?

I mean, if we don't care that no one has heard of the product, and in fact, that's not viewed as any kind of drawback, well, let's just throw caution to the wind.

Let's call it the Ford Fairmont.

Oh, wait, the Armchair Ford CEOs only approve if it's the name of a dead Ford product that they LIKE. If it's the name of a dead Ford product they DON'T like (e.g. Ford Granada) why it's an absolute disaster waiting to happen.

Based exclusively on the belief that "I don't know, but I know what I like" is a valid justification for ANY decision that involves the livelihood of thousands of people, I would like to salute all armchair CEOs for having the guts to put their money where their mo.....

Oh wait, you armchair CEO's aren't even remotely invested in these decisions are you?

It was a joke. He dosen't need you to play daddy for him.

Ford seem A-OK with it when they foolishly renamed the Five Hundred and Montego.

I was just coming up with an insult that I thought was particularly to the point. There's no rule that says payback has to come from the person insulted.....

Furthermore, how can it be a good idea for Ford to use the name "Fairlane" while at the same time you say that it was 'foolish' to use the names "Five Hundred" and "Montego"?

I mean this has all been fun, but admit it. You just like crapping on what Ford does, and you do so knowing full good and well that all that crap is completely harmless. If Ford doesn't do what you want them to do and it works out for them, you can come up with some sort of bumf to explain it away, and if Ford does what you want and it doesn't work, well, somehow, they just screwed up the execution.

Either way you sit there with no accountability piping up your own predictable two cents, and I hope that it's good for you because it's as annoying as all get out for the rest of us.

Now before you get all angry and go all 'tit for tat' and call me a cheerleader, just sit back and tell yourself "That stupid RichardJensen is such a water carrier for Ford, blah blah blah." and you can be happy and I'll be happy, and the whole rest of the world will be just that much more happy.

Um..... here are some names that I thought might sound OK:

Exalt

Pinnacle

Apex

Advent

Vision

Enforcer

Successor

MKM

Progress

Make Woopee

Inspire

Kinetic

Vertex

or Headland.

Just a few ideas... and yes one of them was for giggles!

Also, judging by the article, is Mercury quietly on it's way to mostly Fleet? Unless maybe Mullaly is simply let Mercury stay neutral for now.

Edited by joihan777

I consider Flex to be a poor choice. I do not know some of the current slang, but a few years ago flex was a slang term for a certain private act. I can live with the Ford Oort. Has a nice ring to it - Fordoort - kind of like the name Ford used back in the 30s - the Fordor- for some four door models. (Is that old enough to get a rise out of Richard?)

And heavens no, do not call the Lincoln the MKF, I can just see the neighborhood teens removing the K from the badge on the neighbor's new Lincoln.

that article has less info than what we know for about 10 months - the Lincoln flex will either have suicide doors, or some other innovative system Fields called "french doors" and he said the vehicle will have by far the most convenient access to the 3rd row.

We also know the car will take the MkR look in its original aggressive version.

Igor

didn't we already learn this lesson with "Five Hundred"?

that article has less info than what we know for about 10 months - the Lincoln flex will either have suicide doors, or some other innovative system Fields called "french doors" and he said the vehicle will have by far the most convenient access to the 3rd row.

We also know the car will take the MkR look in its original aggressive version.

Igor

just thought I would give another try to bring this back on topic ..

Igor

Meh. There's no news here. It allegedly has an awkward back end. It allegedly will be called the MKT (a bad name, IMO). We have no idea about price or engines.

We're stuck waiting the unbearable (in this internet age) 4 weeks until the embargo's over before we can feast our eyes on the almost assuredly bad Ford press photography.

After that it will be about a month of bickering over engines, along with countless "Those bastards never built the 427 either!!!" posts.

And, inevitably, someone will say, "Lincoln is becoming Buick" along with, "I just don't see any future for Mercury."

Why?

Because as Anais Nin said, "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

Meh. There's no news here. It allegedly has an awkward back end. It allegedly will be called the MKT (a bad name, IMO). We have no idea about price or engines.

We're stuck waiting the unbearable (in this internet age) 4 weeks until the embargo's over before we can feast our eyes on the almost assuredly bad Ford press photography.

After that it will be about a month of bickering over engines, along with countless "Those bastards never built the 427 either!!!" posts.

And, inevitably, someone will say, "Lincoln is becoming Buick" along with, "I just don't see any future for Mercury."

Why?

Because as Anais Nin said, "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

post-11015-1198000296_thumb.jpg