Modification requirements/provisions for the Crown Vic

1) It looks like my city will stick with the Crown Vic instead of move to the Charger (assuming the Dodge is not BOF) :hyper:

2) I wonder if most jurisdictions have similar modificiation requirements. Scroll down 5 pages and check out the local requirements for cop car vehicle suppliers in my city:

http://www.ci.tucson.az.us/procure/html/ifb_rfps/083040.doc

I loved the "Radio delete -- no exceptions"

I don't know, random. Figured I would share.

I liked how all the stuff to make the rear doors operational was to be tagged and included in a bag in the trunk.

I wonder if that's the voice of past experience there---

Don't know about the USA but FoA and FoE have had child lock switches for decades on rear doors.

Thers a little switch next to the door lock that's inaccessible when the door is shut.

Don't know about the USA but FoA and FoE have had child lock switches for decades on rear doors.

Thers a little switch next to the door lock that's inaccessible when the door is shut.

We have had those since at least 85. My 85 GM had them so who knows how much longer they have been avalible.

Matthew

normal stuff for any of the CVPI's we build nothing special

most DSO,s police we build have lock rod delete and radio delete and keyed alike

the only unusual thing there is location of trunk switch left of dash ...most are in the center of dash

if you want to see some different stuff we have fire suppression/Kevlar door inserts /Kevlar trunk liner ( bullet proof in other words)

and don't forget the few that Had superchargers added i believe close to 400 hp i believe

Panthers Rule Baby

normal stuff for any of the CVPI's we build nothing special

most DSO,s police we build have lock rod delete and radio delete and keyed alike

the only unusual thing there is location of trunk switch left of dash ...most are in the center of dash

if you want to see some different stuff we have fire suppression/Kevlar door inserts /Kevlar trunk liner ( bullet proof in other words)

and don't forget the few that Had superchargers added i believe close to 400 hp i believe

Panthers Rule Baby

Let' not forget the stretch wheelbase and big back doors on the BIG CVPI (P71, or civi P72)!

• 4 weeks later...

All the CV/PI I've ever bought for patrol duty never had the door equipment in the trunk, only the door guards. The dealer must take them out before delivery..

Ford Fleet has tons of information on the conversion into a patrol unit. The supply templates to install equipment in the passenger compartment and the trunk area for safe operation. Their list of options is also impressive. You just have to know where to look for them.