Does anyone actually own a Ridgeline?

RangerM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder Lincoln is having a hard time convincing people the Town Car is a luxury car. :hysterical: The Ridgeline is more of a Luxury car than the Town Car. :reading:

In defense of the Panther, I walked away from a 50 mph head-on collision after a drunk hit our 92 Mercury Grand Marquis and I was not even wearing my seat belt! (I was stupid) I'm sure I wouldn't have been so lucky in a Ridgline. piont being, the same consumers that don't want a Town Car are the ones buying the Grand Marquis. I see them everywhere I go around Chicago.

If I brought one home the wife unit would have me back at the Honda shop immediately. Then she'd beat the living life outta the fool that sold it to me. :lol: Then she'd beat the heck outta me!

I saw another yesterday. That's three people, in three years! Do they look wierd or what?

Why do people always have to do that. If you want a $6K bike, there's nothing wrong with having a $6K bike. If you want an Element, well, I don't agree with you, but there really isn't anything wrong with it....

LOL....I admire the Element for it's box like shape, it's plastic side panels, and it's economical 4 cylinder engine. It's good for carying things like bicycles and stuff. It's also ugly and not well suited for (apparently) a lot of the uses folks on here would use something like that for.

I personally use an Explorer myself for these uses. I like the overall size and usefulness of an Explorer. They are hard to beat I think. But I know folks with Elements who really like them for their use.

RE BIKES....Bike ships are full of bicycles that cost well over $5000. Check them out. They ride nice. I have several bikes like that, but don't spend that much. I get a frame on E bay and parts here and there and build my own for about 1/2 that amount. Being retired, and also being a car nut and also enjoying riding a bike at least 100 miles per week (not much for a bike rider), I usually take a bike with me about every trip I go on, so, like othere, I am tuned into the vehicles that let you carry bikes inside with little disassembly.

I winced when I read the $6K figure.

What is a $6000 bike made of and what makes it worth that kind of money (to an average person, not Lance Armstrong)? Do the people that sell $15000 umbrella stands and $6000 shower curtains (ala Tyco) sell them?

6k is NOTHING for a roadbike w Campy or Shimano...in fact 6k is basically frame only for a GOOD bike, gruppos an additional 2- 2500m wheels another 1500 EASY! I'm guessing not many here actually bike seriously.........

Edited by Deanh

No wonder Lincoln is having a hard time convincing people the Town Car is a luxury car. :hysterical: The Ridgeline is more of a Luxury car than the Town Car. :reading:

LOVE the left hand spotlight on the Crown Vic towing the Mustang........

Edited by Deanh

6k is NOTHING for a roadbike w Campy or Shimano...in fact 6k is basically frame only for a GOOD bike, gruppos an additional 2- 2500m wheels another 1500 EASY! I'm guessing not many here actually bike seriously.........

I have a Colnago MXL with Record, a Trek Portland commuter and a Trek 8500 with XTR. Easily 10K to 12K worth of bikes. Throw in cloths, tires chains, wheels, headlights, tools etc. and I would guess I have spent 20K to 25K over the last 12 years. Back when I was a little younger, a little leaner and lot poorer, I had a $2000 dollar car, a $4000 dollar bike and I was putting 4000 miles a year on the bike and only 3000 miles a year on the car.

I have a Colnago MXL with Record, a Trek Portland commuter and a Trek 8500 with XTR. Easily 10K to 12K worth of bikes. Throw in cloths, tires chains, wheels, headlights, tools etc. and I would guess I have spent 20K to 25K over the last 12 years. Back when I was a little younger, a little leaner and lot poorer, I had a $2000 dollar car, a $4000 dollar bike and I was putting 4000 miles a year on the bike and only 3000 miles a year on the car.

ahhh, another roadie, how refreshing.....Tour Bikes are mandated to weigh AT LEAST 14.7 lbs!!!!!! which means they could be lighter but the line had to be drawn, thus some are weighted to be legal, they are all custom made/ sized and tweeked for individual riders...est cost 20k EACH! such is the cost of lightweight and high tech materials.....thus the auto industry sticks with good old steel most of the time....

ahhh, another roadie, how refreshing.....Tour Bikes are mandated to weigh AT LEAST 14.7 lbs!!!!!! which means they could be lighter but the line had to be drawn, thus some are weighted to be legal, they are all custom made/ sized and tweeked for individual riders...est cost 20k EACH! such is the cost of lightweight and high tech materials.....thus the auto industry sticks with good old steel most of the time....

Remember when Saeco/Canondale was riding super light bikes about 5 years ago and they actually were epoxying brass weights to there frames as a protest/marketing ploy.

Remember when Saeco/Canondale was riding super light bikes about 5 years ago and they actually were epoxying brass weights to there frames as a protest/marketing ploy.

yup, I can also imagine that all those that gripe of the pork on their vehicles woul re-act in interesting manners to an 2700 lb GT Mustang with an MSRP of $75000 if these exotic materials were utilized to a fuller extent...same guys cross eyed over 6k plus bikes.....

Edited by Deanh