More Mustang Spy Photos

omix-ada

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ford really wished to stay competitive, the 4.6L can be easily reworked and provide 350HP with the right parts. It's pretty sad that the engine on the Inifniti G37 can pump out 330HP, and Ford is just thinking of adding about 10-15 horsepower in the next revision. 300HP is no longer much of a goal since some V6 engines are already passing that mark.

Well, Ford own new EcoBoost (TwinForce) 3.5L V6 will produce 340 hp.

Maybe Mustang will be in line to get this engine?

Edited by rmc523

I am sure Mustang fans will love trading their V8 GTs in for V6 GTs.

Maybe no, maybe yes, but if Ford also puts the tech on a V8, then they won't need to put ridiculous sight-limiting lumps on the hood to fully cover the 5.4 (or 6.2, etc) while still getting over 400HP.

For some odd reason I'm not impressed with a twin turbo V6 that can only muster 10 horsepower over a naturally aspirated one... Only Ford...

Did you miss the improved fuel economy numbers and the fact that it will come in a vehicle that actual people can afford. Ford really can do almost no right for you.

Did you miss the improved fuel economy numbers and the fact that it will come in a vehicle that actual people can afford. Ford really can do almost no right for you.

Not to mention the gobs of torque that are common in force-fed engines compared to their high-strung naturally-aspirated brethren. Also, there are zero final power numbers on the TwinForce available. People sure are quick to jump the gun around here....

Not to mention the gobs of torque that are common in force-fed engines compared to their high-strung naturally-aspirated brethren. Also, there are zero final power numbers on the TwinForce available. People sure are quick to jump the gun around here....

Hey, there's nothing wrong with jumping the gun, as long as your negative about it :P lol.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with jumping the gun, as long as your negative about it :P lol.

Eh. I mean 340 HP is a solid number for a Taurus that needs to be pushed through an AWD powertrain. I imagine if the same mill makes it into the Mustang, it will likely be tweaked a little differently. Alas, we've also heard no solid word on what V8's will be available in the '10 Mustang. Those rumors of 5.0 DOHC's are still around, no?

Eh. I mean 340 HP is a solid number for a Taurus that needs to be pushed through an AWD powertrain. I imagine if the same mill makes it into the Mustang, it will likely be tweaked a little differently. Alas, we've also heard no solid word on what V8's will be available in the '10 Mustang. Those rumors of 5.0 DOHC's are still around, no?

I heard 400hp-360tq. Supposedly DOHC 5.0L mod, I'd assume it would have dual VVT and DI to get those kind of numbers, but I'm betting on a 310hp 4.6 until I see proof straight from Ford.

Did anyone notice the antenna in the back by the trunk?

No, I didn't notice that. I don't know why Ford can't hide the antennas in every model like they do with Expedition. It makes the vehicles look a lot better, much cleaner, especially for a sportscar like Mustang. Even some sort of fin would look better, IMO.

No, I didn't notice that. I don't know why Ford can't hide the antennas in every model like they do with Expedition. It makes the vehicles look a lot better, much cleaner, especially for a sportscar like Mustang. Even some sort of fin would look better, IMO.

Even the Panthers get hidden antennas...

From what I've heard the 09 Camaro is supposed to get an LS3 engine which will lay waste to the Mustang GT, as long as Ford doesn't make a big upgrade in power to it. The GT500 will probably stay pretty much the same so it should have no problem with the top Camaro, I'm just worried the GT will find itself in a place like it was in in the 90's..

Found some details.. http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54138

Good luck, where is a new Mustang engine? I'd bet we see nothing more than 310 horsepower out of the 4.6 with the addition of the Bullitt air filter.. :banghead:

Now there are rumors from some people of a 400 horse 5.0L engine for the GT, which should be standard by 2009, but I just can't believe that from conservative Ford until I see them announce it themselves..

so you will ignore solid info once again to bitch and moan?!??!?!

3.5l V6

5.0l V8

6.2l V8

TwinForce 5.0l V8

Yeah Ford will simply eat dust ...

Igor

I don't really understand why so many people get so worked up about the Mustang possibly being underpowered when compared to the upcoming Camaro. The selling point for "pony cars" has always been price. The Mustang will always provide excellent bang for the buck, Camaros have always been more expensive.

Any gearhead that cares about power would rather spend $25k on a Mustang and put the extra $5-10k, that would have been spent on a Camaro, back in to their Mustang. My buddy has an 06 GT that is pushing 450hp at the wheels, the total price for his car after add-ons is standing at $33k.

The power rating is tentative, and most certainly low. As well, it is implicit in the EcoBoost system, that, if it senses better fuel, it will adjust to take advantage with VVT, etc.

An aftermarket exhaust and a different chip . . . :)

. . . . and more BOOST!!

Maybe the EcoBoost 3.5 will be the 'Terminator' engine of the v6 market. :shades:

The power rating is tentative, and most certainly low. As well, it is implicit in the EcoBoost system, that, if it senses better fuel, it will adjust to take advantage with VVT, etc.

An aftermarket exhaust and a different chip . . . :)

Yep. There's plenty of performance potential in Ecoboost.