December & 2007 Midsize CUV Sales

waymondospiff

Dude you can debate the exterior of these two vehicles for hours, however the Murano is a slam dunk interior wise, especially compared to the MKX or Edge. Get your eyes tested immediately.

The MKX is very nice and comfortable inside, I just test drove one today.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its everything like the Edge inside. Instrumentation is blue, there is some wood, and switchgear is painted silver. So why pay a premium over the its Ford sister.

http://www.lincoln.com/shoptools/compare3....tion=sidebyside

First, did Edge switch to Ice Blue interior lighting for 2008?

The interiors look completely different, other than the fact that they have seats, a steering wheel, air vents and a radio.

The MKX looks more luxurious and upscale and DOES use nicer materials. The MKX also offers 10 way power front seats (Edge is 6 way for both, passenger doesnt even have lumbar), heated AND cooled seats (Edge is heated only), THX sound system, heated rear seats, white interior lighting, along w/ other things.

As an Edge owner.. I looked at those pics of the interior ...

I don't like the Murano interior - why?

It does not look easy to use or functional - i.e. all those control buttons look smallish and hard to read.

Yes it looks more modern - but heck when Im driving I don't want to think about where I need to look -

I have the Edge NAV - the touchscreen is FABULOUS - and the Edge has the Vista Roof - this alone blows people away when they look in and up at my glorious ceiling - great for these dark winter days.

So to each their own - I don't buy my cars for interior look - so maybe the Edge does not "rock" in the interior - but its functional and easy to use

As for the exterior - I think the Edge styles lines have every major competitor beat - thats what people see when you drive by them NOT the interior - the Edge looks like a vehicle styled for 2007. IMO, every other competitor is stuck in design school - there is nothing different about them.

Based on what I see in the Toronto area (hometown area for the Edge) - Ford hit the mark - there are LOTS of Edges on the road by the end of 2007. Im just glad I got on the bandwagon in the spring time.