December & 2007 Midsize CUV Sales

waymondospiff

10 points to the first person who gets the reference.

Make Model - Dec 2007 - Total 2007

Ford Edge - 13,722 - 130,125

Ford Taurus X - 4,679 - 18,345

Combined D3 Sales - 4,767 - 42,110

Mazda CX-7 - 3,487 - 41,659

Mazda CX-9 - 3,066 - 25,566

GMC Acadia - 7,393 - 72,765

Saturn Outlook - 3,157 - 34,748

Chrysler Pacifica - 2,009 - 53,947

Toyota Highlander - 14,714 - 87,718 (Snatching the "best-selling Midsize CUV" crown back from the Edge.)

Honda Pilot - 10,403 - 117,146

Nissan Murano - 4,199 - 76,358 (It will be interesting to see how the all-new Murano does against the Edge next year.)

Hyundai Santa Fe - 9,102 - 92,421

Hyundai Veracruz - 1,222 - 12,589

Subaru Tribecca - 1,471 - 16,790

Subaru Outback - 5,817 - 56,079 (Does not include Legacy models, but does include any Outback Sedan sales)

For December, the best-selling list:

Highlander - Edge - Pilot - Santa Fe - Acadia

For 2007, the best-selling list:

Edge - Pilot - Santa Fe - Highlander - Murano - Acadia

Well, 2008 will be an interesting year for the Edge, new in-house competition from the improved Taurus X & the all-new Flex, plus familiarity with the buying public and a raft of improved competitors - namely the Highlander & Murano. Let's see how it does next year, but after one year, it seems to be pretty clear - the Edge is a hit!

Scott

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fraggle Rock??? A TV show by Jim Henson about colorful and fun world, but also a world with a relatively complex system of symbiotic relationships between different "races" of creatures, an allegory to the human world, where each group was somewhat unaware of how interconnected and important they were to one another???

Fraggle Rock??? A TV show by Jim Henson about colorful and fun world, but also a world with a relatively complex system of symbiotic relationships between different "races" of creatures, an allegory to the human world, where each group was somewhat unaware of how interconnected and important they were to one another???

Well, the reference wouldn't be quite that obvious. Rather the use of the phrase "the cast of Fraggle Rock" as seen in pop culture...and in this case jellymoulds has an advantage as it orginates in the UK. But there you go.

And the straight-up reference in this case is the fact that "midsize CUV" describes a whole bunch of different vehicles, from the turbocharged four-cylinder "Mazda5 on steroids" CX-7 to the heavy metal Acadia.

Scott

From Wiki —

"The show was filmed on a Toronto soundstage, (later at Elstree Studios, London), and was a co-production between former British television company Television South (TVS), the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, United States pay television service Home Box Office and Henson Associates (now Jim Henson Productions)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraggle_Rock

Well, the reference wouldn't be quite that obvious. Rather the use of the phrase "the cast of Fraggle Rock" as seen in pop culture...and in this case jellymoulds has an advantage as it orginates in the UK. But there you go.

And the straight-up reference in this case is the fact that "midsize CUV" describes a whole bunch of different vehicles, from the turbocharged four-cylinder "Mazda5 on steroids" CX-7 to the heavy metal Acadia.

Scott

Ha...I posted the first Wiki entry that came up in Google. I had no idea what it was. :shades:

10 points to the first person who gets the reference.

Make Model - Dec 2007 - Total 2007

Ford Edge - 13,722 - 130,125

Ford Taurus X - 4,679 - 18,345

Combined D3 Sales - 4,767 - 42,110

Mazda CX-7 - 3,487 - 41,659

Mazda CX-9 - 3,066 - 25,566

GMC Acadia - 7,393 - 72,765

Saturn Outlook - 3,157 - 34,748

Chrysler Pacifica - 2,009 - 53,947

Toyota Highlander - 14,714 - 87,718 (Snatching the "best-selling Midsize CUV" crown back from the Edge.)

Honda Pilot - 10,403 - 117,146

Nissan Murano - 4,199 - 76,358 (It will be interesting to see how the all-new Murano does against the Edge next year.)

Hyundai Santa Fe - 9,102 - 92,421

Hyundai Veracruz - 1,222 - 12,589

Subaru Tribecca - 1,471 - 16,790

Subaru Outback - 5,817 - 56,079 (Does not include Legacy models, but does include any Outback Sedan sales)

For December, the best-selling list:

Highlander - Edge - Pilot - Santa Fe - Acadia

For 2007, the best-selling list:

Edge - Pilot - Santa Fe - Highlander - Murano - Acadia

Well, 2008 will be an interesting year for the Edge, new in-house competition from the improved Taurus X & the all-new Flex, plus familiarity with the buying public and a raft of improved competitors - namely the Highlander & Murano. Let's see how it does next year, but after one year, it seems to be pretty clear - the Edge is a hit!

Scott

How can the hideous Highlander be the best selling midsized CUV when it got outsold by 43k units by the Edge??

Edited by Blueblood

How can the hideous Highlander be the best selling midsized CUV when it got outsold by 43k units by the Edge??

I thought it was pretty obvious...

______Ford Edge - 13,722 - 130,125

Toyota Highlander - 14,714 - 87,718

...that the Edge was outsold in December by the Highlander. Obviously the Edge outsold it for the year - by a long shot.

Scott

No, but a MCE would be great as there is an all new Highlander, RX, FX, Murano, and Pilot in the pipeline.

personally I think competition is great...keeps Ford on its toes .....unlike a few years ago when they got complacent when they thought they were King ( Explorer anyone? ).....

Actually, those comparison pictures made me even less worried. The Edge should not have an MCE after 1 or even 2 years. The goal in the end is to be profitable remember.

Dude you can debate the exterior of these two vehicles for hours, however the Murano is a slam dunk interior wise, especially compared to the MKX or Edge. Get your eyes tested immediately.

Dude you can debate the exterior of these two vehicles for hours, however the Murano is a slam dunk interior wise, especially compared to the MKX or Edge. Get your eyes tested immediately.

Those particular pictures actually make the difference look smaller. I know the Murano has a nicer interior, I was just stating what I saw from what was in front of me. The MKX has its own look that I very much like inside and out.

Those particular pictures actually make the difference look smaller. I know the Murano has a nicer interior, I was just stating what I saw from what was in front of me. The MKX has its own look that I very much like inside and out.

Yeah it looks exactly like the Edge inside and out. Follow the link below and use the photo comparison.

http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/compare.aspx

Its everything like the Edge inside. Instrumentation is blue, there is some wood, and switchgear is painted silver. So why pay a premium over the its Ford sister.

http://www.lincoln.com/shoptools/compare3....tion=sidebyside

Sorry, but they don't look at all alike inside. There are other differences. More power directions on the seats, cooled seats, and the Lincoln star still means something.