December & 2007 Midsize CUV Sales

waymondospiff

I believe that both vehicles are receiving some upgrades for 2009 and then reskins for 2010 set to debut in early 2009, I think. I've heard rumblings that the MKX will go to Lincoln's 3.7. Both are possibilities for hybrids in CY2010.

The Edge's biggest competitor next year, however, may actually be the Flex. Many shoppers considering CUVs will not cross-shop domestic/import. They will pick the one they want and go for it or shop Toyo/Honda/Nissan only. However, the Flex will be on the lot with the Edge, and for families, it might be too tempting.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah it looks exactly like the Edge inside and out. Follow the link below and use the photo comparison.

http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/compare.aspx

The MKX only looks like the Edge from the side profile. Front, rear and interiors are unique. You need to get your eyes checked.

The MKX interior is one of the biggest reasons to upgrade from the Edge.

Its everything like the Edge inside. Instrumentation is blue, there is some wood, and switchgear is painted silver. So why pay a premium over the its Ford sister.

A trolling we will go, a trolling we will go............hi ho the merry O a trolling we will go...............

The German word for bear is 'bruin', which is also German for 'brown'. It comes from a very ancient belief in the mystical powers of words. The Germans would not call the bear by its name, for fear of summoning it.

Well that was completely unnecessary. You just took all the fun out of it. :P

They both suck! :P

Ok the Mini sux a little less :stirpot:

bad ergonomics made up for by quirkyness/ character....only BIG plus is media selection, track and volume on the BACK of the steering wheel that can be done by touch better than on the wheel IMO....the rest is quirkyness personified

This Time Richard has not gone mad with power, but rather completely insane, :P

SHUT UP SUCKA, OR I'LL LAY TEH SMACK DOWN ON YO' ASS INNA-NET STYLE.

Which basically means that I'll hit the reply button and change the words in your post, or I'll call you a cheerleader/fanboy/tool/water carrier, or I'll post a link to an embarrassing photo of someone else with words typed on it that imply that it's a picture of you. Oh, and I might also post an animated gif engaged in some lewd or disgusting behavior.

SO YOU BETTA DUCK SUCKA CUZ IT'S TEH JUDGMENT DAY!!!!

SHUT UP SUCKA, OR I'LL LAY TEH SMACK DOWN ON YO' ASS INNA-NET STYLE.

Which basically means that I'll hit the reply button and change the words in your post, or I'll call you a cheerleader/fanboy/tool/water carrier, or I'll post a link to an embarrassing photo of someone else with words typed on it that imply that it's a picture of you. Oh, and I might also post an animated gif engaged in some lewd or disgusting behavior.

SO YOU BETTA DUCK SUCKA CUZ IT'S TEH JUDGMENT DAY!!!!

Oh yeah, well take this:

loser.JPG

:hysterical:

That and he's terminally depressed because Britney Spears is being held on a 5150....

:P

Is she really?

Just checked, and she sure is.

I guess missing out on important nuggets like this is what happens when you only do worthwhile stuff on the internet.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to trolling on the MySpace pages of people I don't like.

personally I think competition is great...keeps Ford on its toes .....unlike a few years ago when they got complacent when they thought they were King ( Explorer anyone? ).....

I wish Ford could take the system they use for F-series and it's dominance of the market (b/c it's so good, since Ford listens to customers and gives them features they want), and replicate it in the car market. It appears they're doing a good job w/ the crossover market (the next flock to SUV type craze, except to CUVs).

A stronger car lineup would only benefit the crossovers as well, since they're based on the car platforms.