Ford St. Thomas Assembly Plant Begins Production

suv_guy_19

So what does this mean?

I thought the TC was being phased out? Why move it to a new plant then?

It was decided that TC production would be moved to St. Thomas and be produced alongside the other Panthers until 2010 I believe, when another product will replace it. (or is that new product coming in 2012?)

Well, you can look in the mirror after trashing the company you work for.....maybe these people have a little pride in what they do.

Oh please...you hate the Panthers more than he does.

You would make a great U.S. politician. They are always flipping sides and just saying things they think people want to hear.

Oh please...you hate the Panthers more than he does.

You would make a great U.S. politician. They are always flipping sides and just saying things they think people want to hear.

I never said I took pride in what they were building. I said that maybe they did, and they should. As much as I think the panthers have had their day, the people that build them do good work and should continue too.

I never said I took pride in what they were building. I said that maybe they did, and they should. As much as I think the panthers have had their day, the people that build them do good work and should continue too.

Again...flip flopping.

If you could, you would shut the doors on that plant yesterday.

Again...flip flopping.

If you could, you would shut the doors on that plant yesterday.

If I could I would have a replacement yesterday. Alternatively, I would take the badges off the car and quit selling them to the public. That excludes the TC which I would leave on special order.

Ah yes...how dare they take pride in one of Ford's most successful platforms ever with durability known for exceeding 300K, 400K or 500K miles.... :stats:

Edited by Armada Master

Posted this in the CV/GM/Towncar forum thread, but its odd that lincoln still shows the "2007" TownCar when you go to it via the Vehicles menu on their main webpage.

The Grand Mar for 2008 appears to once again have slightly different tailamp treatment in the back - mainly color- including that strip that runs between the tail lamps. While I think the TownCar still looks good would have been nice to have some minor things done to mark the move - so you could see the car and tell.

Ah yes...how dare they take pride in one of Ford's most successful platforms ever with durability know for exceeding 300K, 400K or 500K miles.... :stats:

The vast majority of people dont even drive their cars past 100-150K Miles...and I give less then two fucks about the used car market since Ford doesnt make any money there...

The vast majority of people dont even drive their cars past 100-150K Miles...and I give less then two fucks about the used car market since Ford doesnt make any money there...

Reliability certainly is a factor. Otherwise Daewoo would still be around.

Resale matters too. It can't be good for "consumer satisfaction" or the pocket book when your new car has depreciated 50% in 2 years. It affects sales, remember the 58-60 Lincolns? After a couple of years they were worthless, but Cadillacs of the same year held their value fairly well. That's why Ford is curtailing rental sales (not much money there and it hurts resale in the long run.)

Ford's dealer body makes a substantial amount of their profit in the used car market. The more ford trades are worth the more successful the dealers will be. That provides more money for upgrades in customer service which makes it easier to sell new Ford cars. Failing dealers cut corners and usually provide substandard service.