Audi and Ford drive two different roads

suv_guy_19

Yumpum.

"As they were more than happy to report, Audi recorded its 12th successive year of growth in 2007, with sales of 950,000 cars worldwide vs. 700,000 as recently as 2004."

Well, that's great, but let's compare apples with apples and talk about Ford's sales world-wide, too: 30% growth in Russia, China, almost 6% in EU.

So both are growing, and both find the US market a bitch.

To be sure, there are significant differences between Audi and Ford. Audi, a division of Volkswagen, makes premium cars that compete on the strength of their brands and engineering. Ford has to compete as a volume brand on price and content.

Let me translate this for you:

To be sure, I am throwing this together in order to meet a deadline. The Audi division and Ford Motor Company are pointlessly different and it is absolutely ridiculous to compare them. But I want to keep my job, so I'm throwing all kinds of crap together in order to waste people's time. Because that's the kind of guy I am. A tool.

Ford, globally, may not have recorded 12 years of sales growth, but they dang sure are selling more cars now than they were 12 years ago. And another thing, Audi's 12 years of sales growth places them...... #3 in luxury sales, behind Mercedes Benz and BMW. Where were they 12 years ago? Number 3 behind who? Mercedes & BMW.

Wow. Such is progress!!!!!!!!!!! Audi izzzzz da bommmmmmmmbbbbb.

Before I read the article, I thought it was going to be about AWD and/or turbos, and then talk about the differing ways they started using them and strategies for using the two in the future. It was disappointing that he didn't look at the sales numbers and discover much of Audi's growth in the U.S. came from the new Q7 SUV and TT sportscar having a full year's worth of sales, compared to last year.

CNNMoney.com

Ford does have a goal...of profitability...too bad that makes no sense to the writer.

That guy is comparing Ford's current situation to something Audi recovered/is recovering from that happened in the 80s. He's saying how great Audi is now, so if he's saying that, then he must be implying that he thinks Ford will be doing well down the road.

I hope that made sense.

Another journalist that thinks North America is the only division of Ford Motor.

Where can i get a job and write such drivel?

Are you the third of anything? Because this article was written by Alex Taylor III.

And as someone named after someone else, I have to say that there is simply NOTHING more pointlessly pretentious and vapidly sophist than showing off your production sequence number as though it made a damn bit of difference to anyone else on the face of the planet.