Hauling a 5th wheel Camper

GreyPony

OK Foxworthy fans, let's go!

I think I saw some hound dogs under that house.

And the lot it's moving to have a bunch of IROCs up on blocks

I wonder if there is a transmission in the bathtub?

heh heh. Foxworthy definitely had a winner with that skit.

Conan doing his impression of a Tundra on the torture track?

conanglowsticks.gif

I can't stand him. IMO, the Tonight Show is gonna lose a lot of viewers when he takes over. Oh wow, I just realized, it'll be next year!

All he does is make a fool of himself, he's not funny at all, IMO.

I'm still wondering if you could see frame flex just like when a tractor trailer starts pulling a very heavy load. :reading:

Could, would, and want to right? Either because of too much weight or too much engine torque or both, or you want the frame to flex some. Otherwise it would be a really bad ride.

I would guess that 80% of tow rating is frame related or constrained. That is why every year they can increase frame strength they likely increase tow rating. Especially 5ver like tow rating.

FYI - From 04 they started using hydro formed frames for the 3/4 and 1 tons. Much stronger and Much Stiffer. But you can not weld on it hardly at all or you will compromise the structure. So after market is much more limited to clamping and bolting (very limited holing). And if it is bent in a crash they can only bend it so much to try and straighten it out. A lot more totaled vehicles on the newer SDs due to this. Ford really limits what can be done on the SD frames. But they are also the strongest.

Peace and Blessings