Latest BONer Prediction Falls Flat in Record Time

range

Looks like The DCK just set a new record for the shortest lasting BONer prediction ever!!!

At least with the infamous BEC prediction on the Edge being a flop we had to wait six months.

With this one, we didn't even have to wait six hours!!!

======================================================

DCK

01/21/2008 10:20 PM Post #60

Good for Ford so instead of having the Escape be completely uncompetitive in the drivetrain segment it is just now Uncompetitive in the drivetrain segment..........Honestly WTF?

=======================================================

Let's see, the Escape has a 6 speed auto (that's one better than CRV), better HP than CRV, and better torque than CRV......all that and equal or better mileage than CRV.

Oh, but what about the RAV4 you ask???? Well, that only comes with a FOUR speed auto with the I4, And the Escape betters it in standard HP and torque.

And then there's the "completely uncompetitive" Hybrid Escape which of course has no peers.

Way to be a DCK....congrats!!!

lol....i read that post and then just an hour ago i visited autoblog and right there on the home page it said all the above, only way people could think the CRV and RAV4 are more competitive is if they hate Ford

Yea, its just hillarious to see how blinded some people can be from their biases and hatred toward Ford.

Let's see, the Escape has a 6 speed auto (that's one better than CRV), better HP than CRV, and better torque than CRV......all that and equal or better mileage than CRV.

Oh, but what about the RAV4 you ask???? Well, that only comes with a FOUR speed auto with the I4, And the Escape betters it in standard HP and torque.

Gee, I wonder which will sell better...thinker.gif

Looks like The DCK just set a new record for the shortest lasting BONer prediction ever!!!

At least with the infamous BEC prediction on the Edge being a flop we had to wait six months.

With this one, we didn't even have to wait six hours!!!

======================================================

DCK

01/21/2008 10:20 PM Post #60

Good for Ford so instead of having the Escape be completely uncompetitive in the drivetrain segment it is just now Uncompetitive in the drivetrain segment..........Honestly WTF?

=======================================================

And then there's the "completely uncompetitive" Hybrid Escape which of course has no peers.

Way to be a DCK....congrats!!!

I'll let you put up the comparison between the V6 Rav4 and the V6 Escape........................funny how that just gets left out because that was the main point of my post.

Very far? Weren't Escape and RAV4 sales pretty even most of the year? I know the CRV kicked it up a bit in the second half of the year.....

2007 Sales:

Escape 165,596

CRV 219,160

RAV4 172,752

Difference:

CRV 53,564

RAV4 7,156

So yeah...a VERY FAR back seat to the CRV and a "back seat" to the RAV4

I'll let you put up the comparison between the V6 Rav4 and the V6 Escape........................funny how that just gets left out because that was the main point of my post.

Yeah, kinda how YOU don't mention that it's the Honda, not the Toyota, leading the segment and therefore worth targeting!

You're owned on this one. Try not to be a whelp about it for once.

2007 Sales:

Escape 165,596

CRV 219,160

RAV4 172,752

Difference:

CRV 53,564

RAV4 7,156

So yeah...a VERY FAR back seat to the CRV and a "back seat" to the RAV4

So yeah, like I said....

Escape is holding its own with the RAV4 just fine (about 15 days worth of sales behind), so please leave it out of all further "very far" discussions.

Of course, Toyota doesn't sell any other versions of the RAV4 as Ford does the Escape under the Mariner and Tribute names, so...by that standard, the RAV4 is "very far" behind the Escape/Mariner/Tribute. And on top of that, with those three combined, they aren't very far behind the CRV anymore either.

"Very far." Mmm hmm.

Edited by NickF1011

So yeah, like I said....

Escape is holding its own with the RAV4 just fine (about 15 days worth of sales behind), so please leave it out of all further "very far" discussions.

Of course, Toyota doesn't sell any other versions of the RAV4 as Ford does the Escape under the Mariner and Tribute names, so...by that standard, the RAV4 is "very far" behind the Escape/Mariner/Tribute. And on top of that, with those three combined, they aren't very far behind the CRV anymore either.

"Very far." Mmm hmm.

Yes, Ford needs three vehicles to even come close to the CRV sales...

So yeah, like I said....

"Very far." Mmm hmm.

Yeah P71!!! You're FIRED!!!!!! lol

Trump_yelling_pointing.jpeg

Yes, Ford needs three vehicles to even come close to the CRV sales...

Eh, I don't know if it's a matter of NEED...just a different approach. A lot of those Mariner sales would likely have been Escape sales had it not been an option. Who knows....

I'll certainly concede the point on GM's trucks sales also. I won't argue that they don't outsell the F-series by a substantial margin. So why argue about Ford outselling Toyota in the small SUV segment through the same method?

Eh, I don't know if it's a matter of NEED...just a different approach. A lot of those Mariner sales would likely have been Escape sales had it not been an option. Who knows....

I'll certainly concede the point on GM's trucks sales also. I won't argue that they don't outsell the F-series by a substantial margin. So why argue about Ford outselling Toyota in the small SUV segment through the same method?

........he hates everything Ford does.