SAME OLD BUYOUTS WILL GET FEW TAKERS

skeptic

You but a christmas gift for your supervisor and a non ford product instead....why don't you help Ford out an take a buy out you hypocrit!! :finger:

I didn't buy a non-Ford product (other than my used Neon). The Jeep is leased. It was leased almost one year before I even met my wife, and we are unable to get out of it without losing our ass on the deal.

However, since everybody at your plant makes $200k a year, if you want to send me the $6,000 I would lose by getting out of the lease early instead of waiting until next march, I will gladly get rid of it tomorrow. ;)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you hired off the street as a trades person?? You sound like you would make a good supervisor...you would fit right in buying a non ford!!

Nope. Went through an apprenticeship after working on the floor for 8 years. Didn't you get that information from your Monroe sources? :headscratch:

Robots do the same motions every cycle of the program. If something messes up, look to the nearest operator and examine the part they put into the jig. You just found the problem.

Put down your pipe, and slowly step away from the bottle. Robots run off af a computer program. If these robots were so infallible, and it is always the operators fault, than why did the elctricians just take out the robots from 6 line, and put an operator in that spot instead???? You claim to have worked the floor for 8 years before going on as an apprentice, were you one of the screwed up operators as well???

I didn't buy a non-Ford product (other than my used Neon). The Jeep is leased. It was leased almost one year before I even met my wife, and we are unable to get out of it without losing our ass on the deal.

However, since everybody at your plant makes $200k a year, if you want to send me the $6,000 I would lose by getting out of the lease early instead of waiting until next march, I will gladly get rid of it tomorrow. ;)

Should have kept your MUSTANG.

Put down your pipe, and slowly step away from the bottle. Robots run off af a computer program. If these robots were so infallible, and it is always the operators fault, than why did the elctricians just take out the robots from 6 line, and put an operator in that spot instead???? You claim to have worked the floor for 8 years before going on as an apprentice, were you one of the screwed up operators as well???

The robots were removed from 6 line for a couple or reasons. The WFMR didn't want to learn how to fix them thus causing a lot of downtime, and NEAPCO doesn't want them because of the high cost of training people to run/troubleshoot them. The robots over time would have consistantly ran more parts that a human operator. Look at the line flow charts. The robots were running 3 JPH more than the balancers are capable. There was no "need" to remove them. It's just what the new owners wanted us to do.

Don't take my sarcastic comments toward the nappers to heart. I like giving them a hard time because all they do is whine. Yes, I did work on the floor for eight years and wasn't perfect. I've caused some downtime in the past, just like everybody else.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

PWND!

Dont get too cocky now Pump. Where did that new plant manager you got now come from? Oh yeah, I remember now, Norfolk!

Gee, I guess you can pick Chicago or Detroit as your new home some day. Or, you can hit the steet!

I think it's getting about time to get all of the people still drawing a Ford paycheck, into a Ford facility. How's that grab you big boy?

Dont get too cocky now Pump. Where did that new plant manager you got now come from? Oh yeah, I remember now, Norfolk!

Gee, I guess you can pick Chicago or Detroit as your new home some day. Or, you can hit the steet!

I think it's getting about time to get all of the people still drawing a Ford paycheck, into a Ford facility. How's that grab you big boy?

PARIS WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON TULSA? :shades:

PARIS WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON TULSA? :shades:

I will tell you that if I had my way, glass would NEVER be uncertain about their futures! I love the glass plants. I think Tulsa in particular is a GREAT facility. I think we can all look back to decisions that have been made, that turned out to be wrong. In my opinion, closing Tulsa will be a huge mistake for this company.

Edited by paris

Does anyone know why Ford can't make an announcement on Buyouts. It amazes me that everyone sorta says there coming but know one will say When, Who, What ect. Management here can't get any thing done.

If their PR dept. is looking for the right time to make this anouncement to help their immage they have failed once more. First their news isn't all that important against the stories about Mayor Hip Hop or the Fl. vote. The stock price wont do much more that a nickle at most, It will fall a quarter when they find out no one wants their CHUMP CHANGE.

So Mr. Chairman I have a very simple question for you.

WHEN WILL THE DETAILS OF THE COMPANY WIDE BUYOUT BE RELEASED?

Hey, I thought you promised to go away for a year!

Now that you got that new job with the big "Z" you return like a cold sore?

Level,

Va te faire foutre abruti !

I actually only have a couple of days here and I'll be gone again. Who knows, it might be forever. If you promise to hold your breath, I can arrange a very long absence.

You have to understand though, that I would never leave Ford Motor Company. I have Ford flowing in my veins. :shades:

If you were worth two sh*ts, you would be assisting the folks in Tulsa. Dont give me that crap about Chuck did his best. That's bull and you know it.(Dont mis-understand that! I think Chuck is a great person. Sorry Chuck, but I dont think my mentioning your name, will hurt you. You delivered EXACTLY what you were given.) It doesn't have to be this way. Those people deserve better than what they have been given. I can't help them but you guys still might be able to. If, you were worth two sh*ts, but I doubt that you are!

Edited by paris

How many of you think Ford will get large numbers to take the same buyout offers as before.My guess is there will be few takers.Ford negotiates a new contract that allows it to hire 20 percent of workers at reduced wages and benifits and yet is too stupid to offer buyouts people would want to take.

I think it's ridiculous ford has to pay to get rid of workers.

And we wonder why they can't compete.

Level,

I actually only have a couple of days here and I'll be gone again. Who knows, it might be forever. If you promise to hold your breath, I can arrange a very long absence.

You have to understand though, that I would never leave Ford Motor Company. I have Ford flowing in my veins. :shades:

If you were worth two sh*ts, you would be assisting the folks in Tulsa. Dont give me that crap about Chuck did his best. That's bull and you know it.(Dont mis-understand that! I think Chuck is a great person. Sorry Chuck, but I dont think my mentioning your name, will hurt you. You delivered EXACTLY what you were given.) It doesn't have to be this way. Those people deserve better than what they have been given. I can't help them but you guys still might be able to. If, you were worth two sh*ts, but I doubt that you are!

No. you have ICE running through your viens

Edited by Pipefitter

Level,

Chuck stood up in front of all of us in the Tulsa Glass Plant and said he didn't get to negotiate this contract. His initials are on the contract because he sat in on the final phases, but didn't negotiate what he signed. He said he told Bob King that if could sit down with our bargaining committee for a week that he could have a contract that he believed would pass.

The 2 days prior to our vote, the international guys were here explaining the contract to us. There were several issues that they called up north to get clarification on, but only one thing was given to us in writing.

Chuck stood up in front of all of us in the Tulsa Glass Plant and said he didn't get to negotiate this contract. His initials are on the contract because he sat in on the final phases, but didn't negotiate what he signed. He said he told Bob King that if could sit down with our bargaining committee for a week that he could have a contract that he believed would pass.

The 2 days prior to our vote, the international guys were here explaining the contract to us. There were several issues that they called up north to get clarification on, but only one thing was given to us in writing.

I agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT WITH WHAT CHUCK TOLD BOB KING! That's why Im pissed about this! There is more that can be done!

Since Level tries to pass himself off as an International rep., lets see if he can call up Bob and get Chuck back down there.

Paris, I don't know what your beef is with the union. This is the best way for the company to reduce it's workforce without lowering moral and affecting quality, I thought we had this discussion before! I know your not argueing that we are extoring the company, the have made these offers volentarily and it is not affecting them fiscally. Follow this LINK and you will see that after 2 rounds of buyouts they are actually in a better liquid cash position than before the offers ever came. They had 34.6 billion in liquid cash at the end of 07' and showed a positive cash flow of 700 million. These buyouts will reduce their long term overhead and with that and every other advancement coupled with the liability, we releaved from them taking on the retiree's medical care costs Ford is in-line to be very and sustainably profitable in the near future. Stop you union bashing and get on board with the team, or shut the f-ck up and move on!

Does anyone know why Ford can't make an announcement on Buyouts. It amazes me that everyone sorta says there coming but know one will say When, Who, What ect. Management here can't get any thing done.

If their PR dept. is looking for the right time to make this anouncement to help their immage they have failed once more. First their news isn't all that important against the stories about Mayor Hip Hop or the Fl. vote. The stock price wont do much more that a nickle at most, It will fall a quarter when they find out no one wants their CHUMP CHANGE.

So Mr. Chairman I have a very simple question for you.

WHEN WILL THE DETAILS OF THE COMPANY WIDE BUYOUT BE RELEASED?

Are you sure Ford cares about the stock price, they are targeting the seniors and offering an out to those who would like to go!

I agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT WITH WHAT CHUCK TOLD BOB KING! That's why Im pissed about this! There is more that can be done!

Since Level tries to pass himself off as an International rep., lets see if he can call up Bob and get Chuck back down there.

Instead of trying to work with our committee, what is being done right now is all about scare tactics. It must be working on a few people and they are trying to turn us against each other (Tulsa and NGP). The reason the contract was voted down was not because of what it said, but what it didn't say. All they would have to do is close up the holes in some places and they would have a contract that would pass. There was not even a guarantee of a job if the contract was voted in. Chuck took care of that, but the way the contract read, there was no promise we would have a job with the new company. It is just a lot of those types of issues that caused it to be turned down, not even really the crappy wages for new hires.

I read postings from our UAW brothers and sisters about us and they basically tell us that we aren't Ford and to get over it. If the workers at assembly plants were given this so-called contract, they wouldn't just follow blindly and vote it in either.

THE STOCK PRICE AND DIVIDEND IS THE ONLY THING THE FORDS AND CHAIRMAN CARE ABOUT. THE DIVI PAYS THE FORDS HOUSEHOLD BILLS AND THE STOCK PRICE DETERMINES HOW WELL THE CEO IS DOING AND WHAT HIS FINAL PARACHUTE WILL BE WORTH.

Sorry for the caps I didnt mean to yell.

So Mr. CEO what about an announcement date for buyout packages.

Just in case Al is taking a nap maybe level can drop the date.

THE STOCK PRICE AND DIVIDEND IS THE ONLY THING THE FORDS AND CHAIRMAN CARE ABOUT. THE DIVI PAYS THE FORDS HOUSEHOLD BILLS AND THE STOCK PRICE DETERMINES HOW WELL THE CEO IS DOING AND WHAT HIS FINAL PARACHUTE WILL BE WORTH.

Sorry for the caps I didnt mean to yell.

So Mr. CEO what about an announcement date for buyout packages.

Just in case Al is taking a nap maybe level can drop the date.

That all depends on the short term goals of the company! They know better the number of people eligible for the enhanced packages and we don't have that benefit. There may be enough to hit their target of 12,000. Every Ford EE will get job placement, if you don't want to work for Ford than take the money and run. I am a brother but I am also a realist. I love cheap Ford stock I buy it every week! Their making the necessary changes for long term profitability, either you want to be part of building a solid company or you don't simple as that. If you don't and stay anyway you are asking your brothers to carry the weight of your "I don't care" additude! I don't doubt Ford will be hiring low teir in the near future!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Can you be more specific about people who were laid off in 79/80? I heard something today at our union meeting that I think goes along with what you are saying about 79/80 layoffs.

Just my opinion...... IF Ford and the UAW do give us some time back from the early 1980's layoffs it will be just enough to get our 28 years in and take the 28 years early out and collect 85% of our pay until we reach 30 years. I don't think there are very many employees in the Ford system that have the 28 year early out this buyout.

I never tried to pass myself off as anything. What does it matter? I only give good info, must know something or somebody. So what? Can't you just deal with the facts?

popeye-yam-spin.gif