Ford Ka Brazil !!! Good News from Brazil

salsakingcpa

Ford can do better though!!! :hysterical:

I don't see why Ford can not be better than Toyota. :finger:

Ford IS doing better. You can't reorganize such a broken structure overnight. Compare where they are now to a couple of years ago. It already looks like two entirely different companies. Now compare where it looks like they will be a few years from now compared to what they have been able to change up to today. Again it looks like a complete re-invention of Ford.

That's why I am such an admirer of Mr. Alan Mulally CEO of Ford, without him, I wonder where Ford might be. Kudos for Mr. Chairman for bringing him from Boeing. That Nasser gay really brought Ford close to its....

Now if we can only produce Volvo's in the US :reading:

Ford IS doing better. You can't reorganize such a broken structure overnight. Compare where they are now to a couple of years ago. It already looks like two entirely different companies. Now compare where it looks like they will be a few years from now compared to what they have been able to change up to today. Again it looks like a complete re-invention of Ford.

WAY TO GO FORD BRAZIL

ONLY IF BRAZILIAN EXECUTIVES CAME AND RAN THE NORTH AMERICAN OPERATIONS!!!

:happy feet:

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_dis...m?release=19449

Ford Takes Top Honors at Brazilian 2004 Automotive Press Awards

By: Scott Grigg | Ford Communications Network

At the 2004 Automotive Press Award in Brazil, the new Ford Fiesta Sedan Flex 1.6 (top) won two awards for Best National Car and Abiauto Car. The Ford Ranger was named the Best Pickup Truck.

CAMPINAS, Brazil, Dec. 2, 2004 -- Ford was the main winner of the recent 2004 Automotive Press Award in Brazil. Sponsored by the Brazilian Automotive Press Association, the company took home the highest honors in four of the six categories.

The new Ford Fiesta Sedan Flex 1.6 won two awards for Best National Car and Abiauto Car. The Ford Ranger was named the Best Pickup Truck, while the EcoSport 4WD was selected as Best Sport Utility.

The Automotive Press Award is considered one of the most representative awards in the Brazilian automotive industry. The award jury is comprised of 55 motoring journalists from newspapers, magazines, Web sites, and radio and TV broadcasters from across Brazil. Judges vote in two stages when electing the best cars of 2004, one of which is comprised of a test drive event where the country’s major car manufacturers participate with their products.

“The winning of the Abiauto awards is yet another recognition of the auspicious time presently experienced by Ford in the market with successful products,” said Luis Salem, general manager of Marketing for Ford Brazil. “The sales of these three products and their launches this year have contributed to give a boost to our market share, raising it to 13.2 percent in October -- the brands best result in the past six years.”

Since the Fiesta Sedan arrived in the Brazilian market in September, 3,200 units have been sold and the car has grabbed the lead in the premium compact sedan segment.

The EcoSport 4WD was selected as Best Sport Utility by the Brazilian Automotive Press Association.

The EcoSport 4WD is also new to the Brazilian automotive scene, having launched early this year. October sales grew 5.4 percent from September to October, as the EcoSport 4WD increased its lead in both the segment of light commercial vehicles and sport utility vehicles.

The Ford Ranger, which underwent a full renewal of its styling, suspension and interior finish, together with its engines has a 21 percent share of the medium sized pickup segment in Brazil.

“This is the best performance ever for Ford of Brazil and it clearly demonstrates the quality of our product lineup,” said Salem

Edited by salsakingcpa

Thats why they sent down the guy who was in charge of the Mustang development down there to run the show ;)

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/news-blog...overy-template/

Once Toyota and Honda set up decent sized Brazilian operations, Ford, Fiat, etc. are toast. The Brazilians will start getting a taste of cars that actually work well and work well for a long time, just like the rest of the world, and, well you know what I always say…. Ford spelled sideways is DORF.

Ah yes. The Fiesta and Ecosport won awards. The two vehicles Mark Fields saw as completely inadequate in their current form for the US market. That pretty much tells you how different the two markets are. What's good for one may be completely wrong for the other. I for one am very glad neither of those vehicles made it to our shores. Sure, they would have meant a couple more sales in the short term, but at what cost to Ford's already damaged reputation?

SO NOW YOU are the entire accounting department, Yep, no wonder Ford is in a such deep %$#@

Another troll makes an appearance. Why are you here other than to start trouble with your depressing attitude? Oh, I forgot, that is the job of a troll. Looks like Mr. Jensen is going to have to keep his eye out as trolls seem to be more prevalent lately on this Forum.

Another troll makes an appearance. Why are you here other than to start trouble with your depressing attitude? Oh, I forgot, that is the job of a troll. Looks like Mr. Jensen is going to have to keep his eye out as trolls seem to be more prevalent lately on this Forum.

Dear Mr. Troll-Ford Buyer:

You like naming names? Don't You? Other people came making trouble; I came along posted some news, and they started calling me names. People like you and your buddies here on this board are people who really messed up this country so bad; do nothing; name calling bunches; who do nothing but drink beer, watch football, and debate that US cars are better made than Japanese/German/Mexican/Canadian ones.

Dear Mr. Troll-Ford Buyer:

You like naming names? Don't You? Other people came making trouble; I came along posted some news, and they started calling me names. People like you and your buddies here on this board are people who really messed up this country so bad; do nothing; name calling bunches; who do nothing but drink beer, watch football, and debate that US cars are better made than Japanese/German/Mexican/Canadian ones.

You sure do hate America don't you? And what's wrong with drinking beer and watching football dammit?!?! :redcard:

Global product push

Ford has seen the light and is continuing its global product push, instead of focussing almost exclusively on the American market. Europe has been good for Ford over the past few years with the Euro Ford Focus and Mondeo. Brazil has seen its own share of growth, over 20% last year and it will now see the introduction of the new, and very succesful (exceeded sales expectations by 30%) Ford Edge crossover.

“Ford is on a roll in South America, and our plan is to use our global product strengths to accelerate the introduction of more products that people really want and value around the world,” said Mark Fields, Ford’s president of The Americas.

Ford Brazil will also start selling the Ford Ka this year. But besides the new vehicles, Ford is also investing USD 1 billion in its Brazillian operations over the next four years in order to keep the momentum going.

The Ford Edge is powered by the 3.5-liter Duratec V-6, recognized as a top 10 engine by Ward, which produces 265 hp and is coupled with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The crossover is available with either front-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive. Ford has not announced pricing yet.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080117.003/fo...razil-this-year :happy feet:

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../708220407/1148

FORD'S TEST BED: Brazil's Camaçari plant is model for the future

Bryce G. Hoffman / The Detroit News

At Ford Motor Co.'s factory here, a group of Visteon Corp. workers connect the wiring in a dashboard module for a Ford EcoSport. Next to them, Lear Corp. employees are building seats for the same vehicle. A few feet away, Ford's Diede Silva dos Santos applies trim to a Fiesta subcompact. She's mastered seven jobs at the plant and is working on an eighth.

"If you do different jobs, it's more interesting," said Silva dos Santos, 24. "It gives me a chance to expand my knowledge. (It) makes me a more valuable employee, too, so that I will have a future here."

All of them exemplify a different kind of worker in a different kind of plant for a Detroit automaker.

Advertisement

This state-of-the-art manufacturing complex in the northeastern Brazilian state of Bahia is not only the centerpiece of Ford's Brazilian turnaround plan, it is also one of the most advanced automobile plants in the world. It is more automated than many of Ford's U.S. factories, and leaner and more flexible than any other Ford facility. It can produce five different vehicle platforms at the same time and on the same line.

Wouldn't it be nice if Ford can replicate this in the US