What the Taurus X should be...

P71_CrownVic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't they doing to EcoBoost the TaurusX replacement's 3.5? I don't know if it'll be 362 bhp, but I imagine it'll be quick.

The Flex is rumored to be getting the EcoBoost 3.5 (along with Explorer), which are both TX's replacments. In the Explorer America concept, the EB 3.5 generated 340 hp.

I like everything about it, except the looks. It is pretty damn ugly.

That design is old and tired.

Territory was styled like the Freestyle to get it past US chiefs, same shape since 2003.

It's different in the flesh and the Terry turbo is brilliant to drive!!!!

I'll take the chassis and engine but skip the tired looks.

I think it looks ok, but as you guys said, it's getting old.

I've got to defend the Taurus X here, unexciting though it may be. The X looks nothing like this thing, which is the fastest, longest mid-90s Chevy Blazer I've ever seen. I'm sure it's a blast to drive, but I don't think the problem Ford is having with the Taurus X is that it's too attractive and doesn't do well in the quarter mile.

"Gee, my wife and I really like the rear legroom and fuel economy, but we've been cross-shopping it with the Sienna SHO and 260 horsepower just won't get the kids to soccer practice on time. Now, is the three foot wing a factory option or will we have to get it installed with the carbon fiber hood?"

Oooooh when did Toyota debut thier Sienna SHO??? Those three letters seem familiar :headsratch: . lol.

I see tons of decked out ricer-mobile minivans :hysterical:

I don't understand the facination with performance family movers... I guess this is in a way, the same thing to me as a turbo chraged minivan or station wagon. I know we can do it...I know it is possible to make any thing go fast...but why?

Are there really a lot of people out there driving their kids to school in a wagon thinking to themselves, "Man, only if this thing can do 60 in 5..."

I think most people buying these types of vehicles, and this is just me and I'm not saying I'm right, are looking for a comfortable ride, good fuel economy, safety, fashionable styling...not performance (as long as it isn't sluggish--Although I'm willing to bet more people would trade performance for significant gains in mpg.

Once again, I'm just saying in this catagory of vehicles and this is just what I think...

And I'm sure most of these buyers would agree with you.

personally an eco-boost Flex has a better chance to make production...sounds GREAT to me....

It's rumored that the Flex will have the EcoBoost 3.5 available.

I had an interesting thought....what about this new name instead of EcoBoost:

EcoBoss.....then Ford would be the boss when it comes to eco-friendly engines :hysterical: It could work for Boss applications maybe?

Hey, I wasn't offended.

But if -I- have to choose between a child or a 7.0L, 505HP Malibu inboard Ski Boat...well...I wouldn't even have to think:

chevrolet-corvette-boat-9.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-boat-5.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-boat-11.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-boat-14.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-boat-16.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-boat-19.jpg

Thats funny. I'd be more impressed if it were a car-boat thing, you know the ones that can drive on a road like a car, then can drive right into the water and be a boat, but still pretty impressive, nonetheless.