What is the new product at MTP?

engnenk

Can anyone say what this is going to be or when it will be announced?

Ok. Theres so many rumors flying around. First I heard that they were going to get a new car/van (Transit) Maybe. But Now I am hearing that they want to close the doors. So I don't know what to believe. Maybe thats what ford wants.

Ok. There's so many rumors flying around. First I heard that they were going to get a new car/van (Transit) Maybe. But Now I am hearing that they want to close the doors. So I don't know what to believe. Maybe thats what ford wants.

The new UAW contract had guarantees that MTP would remain open... I don't think they can 'close the doors' for at least the next 3 years...

I go by MTP often and it looks to me like MTP is working one shift 5 day/week and that's it. The Focus plant is working two shifts and overtime, but MTP is barely working. Doesn't look good for MTP. I would think that all Ford truck will end up in Louisville. Maybe MTP will get something new, but I doubt if Ford is going to undersue this facility forever.

Wrong. The Flex is alrady being made. But theres a van comming form Europe that might be made over here and that van is called the Transit Connect. (As seen at the Chicago Auto show)

My research has all been pointing toward the Transit as well. This is a hugely popular vehicle in Europe. For years I have been saying that the road to profitability for US automakers is to take all of their US production and ship it to Europe and take all of the European production and ship it to the US. Looks like someone is finally seeing things my way.

My research has all been pointing toward the Transit as well. This is a hugely popular vehicle in Europe. For years I have been saying that the road to profitability for US automakers is to take all of their US production and ship it to Europe and take all of the European production and ship it to the US. Looks like someone is finally seeing things my way.

Ya, my dad works there and hes not saying anything. I am only 16 and I've seen it sence they started making the boxy vehicles like that "new" taurus. and the "refreashed" focus. If you look on the compettion , there cars have nice curves and flows. But ford Is the boxy one. Thats why people don't want ford. They don't bring what the people want. Sure it will look sweet on paper but once the engineers get a hold of it , they change it top to bottom. And the stuff the buyers want in 2008 , they won't get till like 2012. Thats not good. And by that time there already driving a Toyota.

• 4 weeks later...
Ya, my dad works there and hes not saying anything. I am only 16 and I've seen it sence they started making the boxy vehicles like that "new" taurus. and the "refreashed" focus. If you look on the compettion , there cars have nice curves and flows. But ford Is the boxy one. Thats why people don't want ford. They don't bring what the people want. Sure it will look sweet on paper but once the engineers get a hold of it , they change it top to bottom. And the stuff the buyers want in 2008 , they won't get till like 2012. Thats not good. And by that time there already driving a Toyota.

Well I don't exactly think that people buy Toyotas for thier looks, do you?

• 1 month later...
I fully believe people buy toyota's for their looks as well as there power. Toyota has a better Marketing path.

Quality insight from a 16 year old....There's a place for you in the business world. The road to happiness is paved with books, so stay in school. BTW Jim Farley was previously employed by Toyota, he may have an insight into the Toyota marketing path. Still quality stuff from a 16 year old. Good Luck in future endeavors.

Ok. Theres so many rumors flying around. First I heard that they were going to get a new car/van (Transit) Maybe.

Transit will probably go to Ohio Assembly with its big brother the E Series, but not until '11 or '12.

Still haven't heard of any rumors of building the Transit Connect in the US.