Ford may build Verve in NA

pcsario

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you didn't look for American alternatives before you purchased them. For example, your shoes. Most New Balance shoes are 100% made in the USA from USA materials and labor. A small minority are made outside the US, but with US materials. All shoes are in full disclosure of which ones they are.

actually my shoes are asics...TRIED EM ALL ...THEY WORKED THE BEST...I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT SOMETHING UNCOMFORTABLE JUST CAUSE IT WAS MADE IN THE usa

Edited by Deanh

Because you didn't look for American alternatives before you purchased them. For example, your shoes. Most New Balance shoes are 100% made in the USA from USA materials and labor. A small minority are made outside the US, but with US materials. All shoes are in full disclosure of which ones they are.

nope...the world is all about the bottom line unfortunately...patriotism only goes so far...if the product is cheaper and just as good from outsourcing its a recipe for here one minute GONE the next! Thus the Verve gets built elsewhere.....

sorry but American made products are declining yearly and may eventually become an endangered species....do they even make a TV?

They are becoming extinct because people, like yourself, do not look at the country of origin before they buy.

And, IIRC, Zenith was the last American made T.V. I have one left. Bought it in 1995. 27" and still has a great picture. Even survived my house fire. ;)

so there-in lies a question...who/ what is to blame?

Corporate greed. Wal-Mart was the store to go to when you wanted an American made product. Then Sam died, and his kids inherited the business. They put profit before everything to the point of forcing American companies to move production oversees.

Watch THIS video and get back to us.

so there-in lies a question...who/ what is to blame?

Walmart is the giant elephant in the room.

They approach suppliers and say "we want to buy your product and we will only pay this amount."

Now the supplier has two choices, get Walmart as a customer or say "sorry, we can't produce the product for that amount."

Walmart doesn't negotiate - they move on to the next supplier who can produce it for their determined amount.

Edited by MarkFive

They are becoming extinct because people, like yourself, do not look at the country of origin before they buy.

And, IIRC, Zenith was the last American made T.V. I have one left. Bought it in 1995. 27" and still has a great picture. Even survived my house fire. ;)

actually i do most of the time, but their are imported products for which there are no alternatives...NONE! 90%of my audio gear is American..big ticket items too, to me they make the best true audio gear IN THE WORLD...no issues there, but phones, tvs, DVD;s, computers...sad to say there is nothing, the American labor won't stand for the wages certain sweat shop countries consider acceptable...still doesn't stop the patriotic American public though does it? Same can be said of their vehicles...a lot of Japanese cars sell on reputation alone...Ford needs to get there....TV that survived a house fire?....put the crack pipe on something stable if you need to nap.....