Ford may build Verve in NA

pcsario

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if they are here illegally...maybe Ford could benefit from Obama being elected...

either that or tax breaks to manufacturers keeping business HERE! imagine all the extra jobs here if the Fusion was built here, the Verve was to be built here etc etc...same can be said of ANY domestic manufacturer...couldn't hurt the economy could it? Right now it seems certain lines can not be manufactured here and sold here to sustain a reasonable profit margin...

I recall reading a quote from Ron Gettlefinger at the NAIAS where he acknowledged that the Verve would not be built in the U.S. - his quote was something along the lines of "we tried everything we could, but we couldn't make the costs work out" or words close to that. It just seems to be universally agreed within the industry that there isn't enough margin in small cars to build them domestically.

A true American made car. Way to go Ford.

Yep, last time I checked Mexico is still in North America!

If they can build cars in Canada...why not Mexico????

The Fusion/Milan seem to be built pretty well there.

Living in CA I'd like to see the standard of living in Mexico brought up to reasonable levels....

less economic reasons to come here. Hell, maybe someday we'll want to move there!

Yep, last time I checked Mexico is still in North America!

If they can build cars in Canada...why not Mexico????

The Fusion/Milan seem to be built pretty well there.

Living in CA I'd like to see the standard of living in Mexico brought up to reasonable levels....

less economic reasons to come here. Hell, maybe someday we'll want to move there!

how bout they just mak Mexico part of Cal?...LOL!

Umm..........No.

USED to love it going down there, now I won't...used to be excellent cheap fun...total opposite now...all the beach front is now Condo-ized, town homed and basically Americanized, simplicity has gone, VERY costly...reminds me of Cabo and how it gradually got ruined...thus my case for just making it part of California...no borders no nuttin...no 4 hr wait going across coming back....ahhhh, to dream.....probably be disasterous....

Edited by Deanh

USED to love it going down there, now I won't...used to be excellent cheap fun...total opposite now...all the beach front is now Condo-ized, town homed and basically Americanized, simplicity has gone, VERY costly...reminds me of Cabo and how it gradually got ruined...thus my case for just making it part of California...no borders no nuttin...no 4 hr wait going across coming back....ahhhh, to dream.....probably be disasterous....

If you can get past Tijuana (drug syndicate shoot outs, crime, 3rd world poverty) it's not too bad!

I'm sure Toyota will present a glowing report that their Tundra is all fixed

and their customers will believe them without proof. :shades:

Toyota owners are such lemmings, they will believe everything is OK and absorb it as 'their problem" because Toyota said so.

A true American made car. Way to go Ford.

Why is this an issue when the :redcard: are produced in Canada?

Why are people reporting GMs @ $18000 U.S. when they are $44,000 Canadian (and they are built in Canada)? Why should they be cheaper in the U.S. than the country they are built in - and the dollar of the country they are built in is on par or stronger than the U.S. counterpart.

If I went to a dealer and I saw a GM @ $18,000 I would take it for a test drive to see if I liked it.

The Verve produced in Mexico is a lot better sounding than a Verve produced in China.

Ford has to make money on the car.