Ford may build Verve in NA

pcsario

Walmart is the giant elephant in the room.

They approach suppliers and say "we want to buy your product and we will only pay this amount."

Now the supplier has two choices, get Walmart as a customer or say "sorry, we can't produce the product for that amount."

Walmart doesn't negotiate - they move on to the next supplier who can produce it for their determined amount.

same can be said of Sams club and Cosco........they use the leverage of mass marketing and a huge consumer base....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a Google "American made products"

http://www.usstuff.com/televisn.htm

from 2000/2003

Philips Magnavox (magnavox.com)

60" Projection Televisions

Made In USA (per box labeling 8-27-00)

Netherlands owned company.

Sharp (sharpelectronics.com)

25" & 27" Televisions

Made In USA of domestic & imported parts (per box labeling 8-27-00)

Japanese owned company.

Toshiba (toshiba.com)

Projection TVs and Tube T.V.s

Assembled In USA (per 32", 36" SuperTube TV, & 36" Flat Tube T V w/HDTV Tuner boxes labeling 3-3-03)

Assembled In USA (per Projection TV and 27" T. V. box labeling 8-27-00)

Japanese owned company.

Panasonic (panasonic.com)

TV/DVD/VHS/CD Combos, TV/VCR Combo & T.V.s

Assembled In USA (per 27" TV/DVD/VHS/CD & 20" TV/VCR Combos boxes labelings 3-3-03)

Assembled In USA (per 20" TV, 20 & 25" TV/V.C.R. Combo box labelings 8-27-00)

Japanese owned company.

Corporate greed. Wal-Mart was the store to go to when you wanted an American made product. Then Sam died, and his kids inherited the business. They put profit before everything to the point of forcing American companies to move production oversees.

Watch THIS video and get back to us.

I don't buy at Walmart.....

Did a Google "American made products"

http://www.usstuff.com/televisn.htm

from 2000/2003

Philips Magnavox (magnavox.com)

60" Projection Televisions

Made In USA (per box labeling 8-27-00)

Netherlands owned company.

Sharp (sharpelectronics.com)

25" & 27" Televisions

Made In USA of domestic & imported parts (per box labeling 8-27-00)

Japanese owned company.

Toshiba (toshiba.com)

Projection TVs and Tube T.V.s

Assembled In USA (per 32", 36" SuperTube TV, & 36" Flat Tube T V w/HDTV Tuner boxes labeling 3-3-03)

Assembled In USA (per Projection TV and 27" T. V. box labeling 8-27-00)

Japanese owned company.

Panasonic (panasonic.com)

TV/DVD/VHS/CD Combos, TV/VCR Combo & T.V.s

Assembled In USA (per 27" TV/DVD/VHS/CD & 20" TV/VCR Combos boxes labelings 3-3-03)

Assembled In USA (per 20" TV, 20 & 25" TV/V.C.R. Combo box labelings 8-27-00)

Japanese owned company.

I would say the word Assembled with foreign parts would be REALLY accurate...kinda like some vehicles here....

American owned companies would be flooding the stores with American made products if the consumer demanded them

American companies are not the only ones who source overseas...

...when I worked in watches a while ago, a watch could say "Swiss Made" on the dial if the movement within it was produced in Switzerland. What you didn't know was that in order to remain profitable, a lot of Swiss companies moved sourcing of components AND final assembly to other countries.

So the motor is from Switzerland, but the bracelet and other components were all from other countries AND quite often everything was put together in China. You think Americans have high wages?...you should see Switzerland.

Why did they do this? In the 80s the Swiss watch industry was nearly bankrupt and this was the only way it could remain competitive with overseas markets. Mind you, we aren't talking about luxury watches here, but they don't have the volume of your average Swiss watch.

Edited by MarkFive

Then you and I as consumers must be prepared to pay a different price for those products.

I spend the same, if not less, on shoes made in the U.S. Same goes for clothes. Do a search and see. If you can't find any sites, give me a hollar. I can give you all the ones I shop from. :)

Fire was started by a Kenmore-Mexican sourced stand alone freezer in my garage. :shades:

I could have swore to god that the Insurance adjuster or whoever never figured out where that fire started, and it could have been quite possibily started by a faulty cruise control switch in your old Explorer...

Fire was started by a Kenmore-Mexican sourced stand alone freezer in my garage. :shades:

whilst I admire your buy American theme ( if 100% true and not thread exagerated ) sad to say most are too lazy and out of laziness pick up the most conveinient alternative or something they are familiar and comfortable with ( parallel here with a lot of Camry buyers )....in some posters cases here, pampers........

Edited by Deanh

I could have swore to god that the Insurance adjuster or whoever never figured out where that fire started, and it could have been quite possibily started by a faulty cruise control switch in your old Explorer...

You shouldn't swear to invisible men. ;)

Anyway, it was never fully determined what exactly started the fire. Insurance adjuster stated it was the Freezer, but didn't have enough of it left to prove it. State fire inspector just put down that it was accidental. I don't think it was the Explorer, but it could have been.

EDIT: There was so much damage to the house that it was impossible to find out what exactly caused the fire. When the recall came up, I entertained the possibility, but they never recalled my model year.....yet. If I really thought it was the truck, I never would have bought another one.

Edited by Pioneer