My Week With A Mariner

ANTAUS

You bet...if thats how they operate.

I believe our Escape, when the front doors are locked...you can pull them and they will unlock...but it drove my mom nuts that her 1994 Chevy Lumina APV had self locking doors when you put it in drive (as well as my Grandmas 1996 Explorer), but her 2001 Escape does not. Not so much of a big deal now that my brothers are older...but she was not happy.

Not sure if your mom's Escape has this feature, but Ford products have the auto-lock that locks at a certain speed after you begin to drive.

I find your observations about the 3.0 V6 interesting. I drive a 2002 Taurus with 24 valver 3.0 and I love the engine. Quiet, smooth power. Engine is bulletproof. I also drive a 2004 Taurus company car with 90,000 miles and same engine is bulletproof. Great gas mileage. I regularly get 29mpg on highway, plenty of passing power, and 22mpg in mixed driving.

On the road, my Taurus is as smooth as silk, quiet albeit a little wind noise around outside mirrors and body in general, and in my personal Taurus a very slight vibration through gas pedal that I seldom notice but a little annoying at times when I do notice it. Other than that. engine is quiet and powerful enough with good gas mileage. It's a great engine and exceptionally durable. The driveability is first rate. Never even a small hiccup in engine, and starts immediately even on the coldest MI morning after sitting for a week. My Taurus is quiet, smooth, and vibrationless at all speeds excpept for slight vibration through gas pedal. Best vehicle I have ever owned. And most reliable.