MINI screwing!

Furious1Auto

She caught a stiffy From MINI Cooper, and now she is going to buy a wounderful Toyota! :hysterical: I hope it's not a Prius because they were advertising the Prius at 60 MPG, and they acctually get 45 MPG if your lucky! Not to mention it takes 5 min. to get up to highway speed! :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She caught a stiffy From MINI Cooper, and now she is going to buy a wounderful Toyota! :hysterical: I hope it's not a Prius because they were advertising the Prius at 60 MPG, and they acctually get 45 MPG if your lucky! Not to mention it takes 5 min. to get up to highway speed! :hysterical:

First, the Prius is rated 48 city/45 highway by the EPA. So if you are acctually(sic) getting 45, then perfect.

Since this is the "Ford Competition" section, what Ford midsize would you suggest if she was looking for a 45mpg midsize car?

Edited by guesswhoscomingtodinner

First, the Prius is rated 48 city/45 highway by the EPA. So if you are acctually(sic) getting 45, then perfect.

Since this is the "Ford Competition" section, what Ford midsize would you suggest if she was looking for a 45mpg midsize car?

there is a Toyota midsize getting 45mpg? The Prius is a frikkin compact - I can take a Focus and push the windshield all the way up front and call it a midsize - it does not change the fact that it is a compact with a lot of useless space above the dash.

Igor

The point is in 06' they were advertising 60 MPG while they knew it actually only get 45. The women in the MINI video was pissed about false advertising, do you get the picture now?

Toyota doesn't advertise 60 MPG..

Here is the MPG Toyota claims on their web site: 48/45/46

And you say it take the Prius 5 min to reach highway speed? :hysterical:

Where is your credibility? :shades:

Toyota doesn't advertise 60 MPG..

Here is the MPG Toyota claims on their web site: 48/45/46

And you say it take the Prius 5 min to reach highway speed? :hysterical:

Where is your credibility? :shades:

They don't now but they certainly did in 06', I've been bitching about it since then!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Great post Furious LOL, My first car was a 1959 Mini it was shit l spent more time underneath it fixing it rather than driving it ,the best thing l done was sell it. It looks like nothing much has changed with the Mini over the years.

Still Ford will be launching the ultra reliable Fiesta in the US soon that won't break down like a Mini, and thats a hell of a lot cheaper to run & buy than a Prius as well. I like everything about Fords first global car it going to be a massive hit as fuel reachs $107 $4 a barrel/gallon in the next few months. My only reservation with the Fiesta is the basking shark front end, l would have a Peugeot, Mazda & Alan Mulally type smiling front end to the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-6NTMGVag

Ford's Fiesta already has great figures that are Mini and Prius beating, and it won't be long before Ford's Thunderbird 1 global car the new Fiesta takes the sales scalp away from the Camry and becomes the worlds best selling car.

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-comparison.as...6&ED3=50300

Mx5-0002.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

there is a Toyota midsize getting 45mpg? The Prius is a frikkin compact - I can take a Focus and push the windshield all the way up front and call it a midsize - it does not change the fact that it is a compact with a lot of useless space above the dash.

Igor

Sorry, but you are wrong. The Prius is classified as a midsize.

And all you fools complaining about the EPA( you know, our government that rates the cars, not Toyota) make me laugh. :hysterical:

So I repeat my question.

What competition from Ford or Mercury or Lincoln would you suggest she buy instead. You know, a midsize sedan that gets 45mpg.

And all you fools complaining about the EPA( you know, our government that rates the cars, not Toyota) make me laugh. :hysterical:

So I repeat my question.

What competition from Ford or Mercury or Lincoln would you suggest she buy instead. You know, a midsize sedan that gets 45mpg.

Tell her to wait for the Fiesta it will be half the price of a Prius and its already get a lot more miles than 45MPG have a look.

So I repeat my question.

So I have to once again ignore your question and state the facts. The govenment (EPA) does rate fuel economy, but Toyota knew that their data and rating was false. It was ignorant on their part to advertise it knowing this. You can point fingers at the govenrment, but like anything else the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the manufacturer. Well I guess I'll answer it, no Fords in the U.S. get 45 MPG. But the Geo metro nearly did without a overpriced hybrid drivetrain too, and I would not be caught dead in either of those compact cars ! :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

So I have to once again ignore your question and state the facts. The govenment (EPA) does rate fuel economy, but Toyota knew that their data and rating was false. It was ignorant on their part to advertise it knowing this. You can point fingers at the govenrment, but like anything else the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the manufacturer. Well I guess I'll answer it, no Fords in the U.S. get 45 MPG. But the Geo metro nearly did without a overpriced hybrid drivetrain too, and I would not be caught dead in either of those compact cars ! :hysterical:

Fords now post lower MPG ratings using the new EPA methods. Was Ford ignorant?

Actually, they were effected far less than most other automakers. On a related note, when the new SAE horsepower standards were released, Ford was one of the few automakers that actually INCREASED ratings on several engines (I'm looking in your direction, Toyota).

"No" because they are not grossly inaccurate as compared to Fords data. My Fusion actually gets better than the EPA estimates ringing in at 30 MPG city. Now if they knew the estimates were drastically off and continued to run the adds then "YES" it would be ignorant!

Edited by Furious1Auto

So I repeat my question.

The EPA also classifies as a midsize:

Nissan Versa

Nissan Sentra

Hyundai Elantra

Kia Spectra

Dodge Caliber

Lexus LS460/460 L/600h L

MAZDASPEED3

Audi A8/S8

Dodge Challenger

Rolls-Royce Phantom

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

You do seem like the type to believe everything the government tells you. :hysterical:

Were Ford's ratings off by 33%?

Didn't think so....

So let's take a look at real world Ford hybrid/Toyota hybrid vs. the EPA.

Same magazine long term test. EDMUNDS

Escape hybrid was 51.1% below the CURRENT EPA city estimate.

Prius hybrid was 15.9% below the CURRENT EPA city estimate.

:hysterical:

Edited by guesswhoscomingtodinner

So let's take a look at real world Ford hybrid/Toyota hybrid vs. the EPA.

Same magazine long term test. EDMUNDS

Escape hybrid was 51.1% below the CURRENT EPA city estimate.

Prius hybrid was 15.9% below the CURRENT EPA city estimate.

:hysterical:

Unless they drove both EXACTLY the same way in EXACTLY the same conditions, it's a useless BULLSHIT comparison.

Of course, I would expect no more from you... :hysterical:

Edited by TomServo92

Wow,

you guys can come up with all sorts of lame excuses.

WAIT, in a few decades Ford will have a competitor........

Toyota was ignorant for posting the required by law EPA mileage figures.

The Prius takes 5 minutes to get to highway speeds.

The Prius is not a midsize.

:redcard:

And you come up with lame Toyota cheerleading. As I ask of all the Toyota fanboys who come here, why do you bother? Do you get some great joy out of the downfall of one of America's iconic industries? Or were you molested in the backseat of a Ford Fairmont when you were little?

Ah, why do the Ford fans always come back with

WAIT, in the future . . . . . . . . .

You will be getting the Fiesta soon, the current Fiesta is half the price of the Prius, gets 7 MPG more than a Prius out of town and it won't cost the earth to replace all duff batteries like a Prius will need when it starts to get old. Good things come to those that wait.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

You will be getting the Fiesta soon, the current Fiesta is half the price of the Prius, gets 7 MPG more than a Prius out of town and it won't cost the earth to replace all duff batteries like a Prius will need when it starts to get old. Good things come to those that wait.

So your recommendation is for this buyer to WAIT.

WAIT and hope that Ford is going to import a 1.4 liter diesel subcompact?

Just WAIT?