11 worst cars for 2008: Chrysler takes lead.

robertlane

Consumer Reports has released their list of the 11 worst cars. Note that only one Ford product, the very dated Grand Marquis made the list. On the other hand, four newer Chrysler products made the list - not good.

LINK.

Jeep Wrangler

Jeep Liberty

Jeep Patriot

Dodge Nitro

Hummer H3

Chevy Aveo

Chevy Trailblazer

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Toyota Yaris

Suzuki Forenza

Mercury Grand Marquis

They must be basing the GM as "bad" only because it's dated. Mercury has one of the highest ratings short of Lincoln in dependability. And the GM is probably the most reliable Mercury to boot.

While I can't disagree with some on the list, it seems CR put the GM on the list just for spite. I'd like to see if anyone has why they actually put it on the list. I don't waste my money on their trash.

They must be basing the GM as "bad" only because it's dated. Mercury has one of the highest ratings short of Lincoln in dependability. And the GM is probably the most reliable Mercury to boot.

While I can't disagree with some on the list, it seems CR put the GM on the list just for spite. I'd like to see if anyone has why they actually put it on the list. I don't waste my money on their trash.

Engine noise, seat comfort, ride, fuel economy, IIHS side-crash result without side air bags, no ESC, no curtain air bags

Amazingly stupid to rate the Wrangler like they did based on their reasoning......

Ride, handling, braking, noise, fuel economy, fit and finish, visibility, frontseat comfort, access, reliability

Consumer Reports performs off-road testing at its Connecticut proving grounds, but off-road ability doesn't factor into the final scores.

That's part of the reason the Wrangler Unlimited gets the lowest score of any vehicle the magazine currently rates.

"We're rating these cars as most people would drive them in the SUV category," said Jake Fisher, a Consumer Reports auto test engineer.

While Jeep boasts that it sells to more owners who actually drive off-road than any other brand, the majority still spend most of their time on pavement.

A spokeswoman for Chrysler pointed out that the Jeep and Dodge vehicles in this list were fundamentally engineered for heavy-duty off-road use and the Jeeps, in particular, have been rated highly by other publications.

Duh.....its a freaking Wrangler...not an RX350. It rides like crap because nothing else on the market has the offroad capability it does.........yet off-road ability does not factor into the testing. So they are using the same methodology they use on any other "SUV" as they do on the Wrangler. Most other Jeep owners do stay on the pavement, but a high percentage of Wrangler owners do utilize the offroad ability of their vehicles.

This is what happens when common sense gets thrown out the window to try and group unlike vehicles together.

Amazingly stupid to rate the Wrangler like they did based on their reasoning......

Duh.....its a freaking Wrangler...not an RX350. It rides like crap because nothing else on the market has the offroad capability it does.........yet off-road ability does not factor into the testing. So they are using the same methodology they use on any other "SUV" as they do on the Wrangler. Most other Jeep owners do stay on the pavement, but a high percentage of Wrangler owners do utilize the offroad ability of their vehicles.

This is what happens when common sense gets thrown out the window to try and group unlike vehicles together.

God CR is bad...

Oh well...I like the Wrangler. But I wish it came with the 3.0 Diesel you can get in the GC.

Jeep Wrangler

Jeep Liberty

Jeep Patriot

Dodge Nitro

Hummer H3

Chevy Aveo

Chevy Trailblazer

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Toyota Yaris

Suzuki Forenza

Mercury Grand Marquis

Anyone see a pattern here. CR always berates the Wrangler because it doesn't fit into their stupid "least common denominator" parameters. The Wrangler is what it is, it does what it does, you know that going in and if you are expecting it to be something else it's not the Wranglers fault that some idiot who was really looking for a RAV 4 bought a real SUV. It's pretty stupid to apply some standard of measure to a vehicle for which it doesn't apply. Does CR berate the Maxima because you can't take out across an open field in it?

CR dislikes off road vehicles as is evidenced by this list. Not everybody wants to drive a mall crawler.

yeah.. that's kind of unfair, that CR is tearing into cars for not excelling in their specific categories. the fact that they need to acknowledge the fact that the reason cars are making the list is because their best features aren't quantified by the magazine shows that they need to change the way they rank the cars. you can't just throw out the term "worst car" like that.