Taurus and Taurus X top American Picks at CR

Mark B. Morrow

They're a great vehicle! Bad marketing though.

No kidding ! Especially the Taurus X !!

I can't remember seeing a television or print ad commercial for it this year. I know they are trying to sell the Edge, but what about the X ?

My personal "Well that's stupid" is why is there no trailer tow option for the X and there is one for the Edge ?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly......

If it were a replacement for the :redcard: don't you think it would have been relegated to fleet sales only a while back ago.

And unfortunately a VOID has been left, hopefully to be rectified with the Control blade IRS, RWD Aussie platform....I think this may be the 2,212,632 time this has been posted...but I guess some only see and read what they want too.....somebody needs to change THEIR diapers.....

Exactly......

If it were a replacement for the :redcard: don't you think it would have been relegated to fleet sales only a while back ago.

They are not good enough for the Police/taxi/limo/or the people who buy the GM...thus continuing Panther production.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

No...the Taurus II replace the Five Hundred...which was designed to replace the Panthers

no it wasn't..........Five Hundred replaced the Taurus, then it became the Taurus again....... :slap: only reason you guys consistantly compare the Taurus to the :redcard: is Ford Vacated the large sedan market....and once again TEMPORARILY, its coming, but when i don't know.....they NEED a :redcard: replacement....

no it wasn't..........Five Hundred replaced the Taurus, then it became the Taurus again....... :slap: only reason you guys consistantly compare the Taurus to the :redcard: is Ford Vacated the large sedan market....and once again TEMPORARILY, its coming, but when i don't know.....they NEED a :redcard: replacement....

That's a good story.

They are not good enough for the Police/taxi/limo/or the people who buy the GM...thus continuing Panther production.

Wrong...the :redcard: aren;t up to snuff for the retail buyers and panthers popularity with the Municipalities and taxi fleets is based on familiarity.....AND lack of alternatives.....BOF works PERFECT for abuse, parts readily avail, mecahnics know all the weakness;s and aftermarket has been building parts for the :redcard: body since BC. Classic case of if it isn't broke don't fix it complacency driven sales....

.....BOF works PERFECT for abuse, parts readily avail, mecahnics know all the weakness;s (none) and aftermarket has been building parts for the :redcard: body since BC. Classic case of if it isn't broke don't fix it complacency driven sales....

Sounds like a perfect case to continue production to me. Good work.

one for those that can actually GRASP reality.....aka, a majority here P...some remain in total argumentative denial.....why is beyond me....

It's easy to see why. They can't admit the end is near. The D3's and their future offspring will be soldiering on long after the last Panther thankfully rolls off the assembly line. It's a fact they just refuse to embrace.

Sounds like a perfect case to continue production to me. Good work.

one word.....antiquated. Sorry p, as much as I hate to say it and respect the Panthers for what they are...that pretty much sums it up.....BOF cars may never be seen again...........

But I thought profitability was more important than sales?

Do you HONESTLY think the Panthers are as profitable as they used to be? You are delusional. St. Thomas is down to running one slow shift. That certainly has to add to overhead considerably. They are spiraling toward death with every passing day (like most of their owners).

SUSTAINABLE profit is what matters. Ford has seen the writing on the wall with the Panthers. Why can't you?

Do you HONESTLY think the Panthers are as profitable as they used to be? You are delusional. St. Thomas is down to running one slow shift. That certainly has to add to overhead considerably. They are spiraling toward death with every passing day (like most of their owners).

SUSTAINABLE profit is what matters. Ford has seen the writing on the wall with the Panthers. Why can't you?

HAHAHA...:hysterical:

You crack me up.

Really now, how important is ESC?

Answer:

A comparison of rates of fatal crashes for vehicles that were identical except for the inclusion of electronic stability control, the [insurance Institute for Highway Safety] said, reveals that the vehicles with Electronic Stability Control (ESC) were 43 percent less likely to be involved in a fatal crash.

Link