Taurus and Taurus X top American Picks at CR

Mark B. Morrow

Really?

2007: Premium level Ford sedan offered is the D3 500

2008: Premium level Ford sedan offered is the D3 Taurus.

How's that work again?

Fixed that for you.

The Crown Vic may be lots of things, but "Premium" it hasn't been for a decade.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont take anything that CR puts out seriously since they have lost quite a bit of credibility. I do happen to read CR since my neighbor has a subscription to it and got burned from the Toyota sludge issue, and now he just hands it over.

LOL Yeah right.

"Oh I'm your normal busy guy with a million things on my plate to do and not enough time to get them all done but oh by the way I take time out to read a magazine that I hate and that my neighbor just happnes to give to me because it burned him and he hasn't cancelled his subscription and because he gives it to me instead of throwing it away even though he knows I hate it too." Whew!! Take a breath.

Oh yeah, I'm calling BS on your story by the way.

LOL Yeah right.

"Oh I'm your normal busy guy with a million things on my plate to do and not enough time to get them all done but oh by the way I take time out to read a magazine that I hate and that my neighbor just happnes to give to me because it burned him and he hasn't cancelled his subscription and because he gives it to me instead of throwing it away even though he knows I hate it too." Whew!! Take a breath.

Oh yeah, I'm calling BS on your story by the way.

Why? Losts of people do that.

Peace and Blessings

Fixed that for you.

The Crown Vic may be lots of things, but "Premium" it hasn't been for a decade.

Here, let me amend it for you:

Really?

2004: Premium level Ford sedan offered is the Crown Victoria.

2007: Premium level Ford sedan offered is the D3 500

How's that work again?

So, since the Taurus IS the Five Hundread, what has replaced the Crown Vic for their top level sedan?

Do you HONESTLY think the Panthers are as profitable as they used to be? You are delusional. St. Thomas is down to running one slow shift. That certainly has to add to overhead considerably. They are spiraling toward death with every passing day (like most of their owners).

SUSTAINABLE profit is what matters. Ford has seen the writing on the wall with the Panthers. Why can't you?

I just hope that Ford don't close St.Thomas down when production ends as they are the guys Ford should be thanking for giving Fords brand such a massive quality ratings boost in JD Power surveys. If they produce top quality cars at the St Thomas plant they very much deserve to be rewarded with more work in the future like say Ford's new Fiesta, if they can build the Fiesta in Cologne in Germany which is the most expensive place in the world to assemble cars why not build the US version in St. Thomas?

Are Ford really interested in beating Toyota on Quality, or just saving a few bucks by producing in some cheap location?

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I'm sorry............. but that makes no sense what-so-ever. The Hermosillo triplets are being built better than pretty much any car sold in the US, yet you slam them for it???

Ok. I guess they should move them to a different plant, where they may have lower quality. Yea............. that would do alot for their quality perception. :rolleyes:

Just a thought............... go poll 100 people who own one of the triplets. Let us all know how many of them know that it is assembled in Mexico. I have a feeling that it would be few to none.

I just hope that Ford don't close St.Thomas down when production ends as they are the guys Ford should be thanking for giving Fords brand such a massive quality ratings boost in JD Power surveys. If they produce top quality cars at the St Thomas plant they very much deserve to be rewarded with more work in the future like say Ford's new Fiesta, if they can build the Fiesta in Cologne in Germany which is the most expensive place in the world to assemble cars why not build the US version in St. Thomas?

Are Ford really interested in beating Toyota on Quality, or just saving a few bucks by producing in some cheap location?

The :cheerleader: don't care...whatever it takes to close the plant because they have misguided feelings about a platform that has given more to Ford than just about any other platform.

I have asked a few STAP people if they can find out how much FORD makes on the cars...so far I have had a STAP worker state that it costs Ford 9K-12K to BUILD the cars...but that may be an old number and this person cannot guarantee it's accuracy.

P, the people that KNOW the operating profits don't talk. No end of people that think they know will bend your ears for hours. But the people that see the numbers know better.

That's absolutely true, and the next logical question is "why"? But the answer is so obvious there's no need to ask.

P, the people that KNOW the operating profits don't talk. No end of people that think they know will bend your ears for hours. But the people that see the numbers know better.

A quick search showed the MSRP for a 1997 Crown Victoria was approx. $2,000 less than current.

I'm certain a lot of other cars are in the same situation so I cannot imagine Ford making

anywhere near as much as often quoted $10,000 profit.

If they were, Panthers would be the only cars Ford would make.

A quick search showed the MSRP for a 1997 Crown Victoria was approx. $2,000 less than current.

I'm certain a lot of other cars are in the same situation so I cannot imagine Ford making

Ford doesn't sell cars at MSRP, dealers sell cars at MSRP.

No kidding ! Especially the Taurus X !!

I can't remember seeing a television or print ad commercial for it this year. I know they are trying to sell the Edge, but what about the X ?

My personal "Well that's stupid" is why is there no trailer tow option for the X and there is one for the Edge ?

To be honest, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Freestyle or Taurus X ad on TV.

Really?

2007: Premium level Ford sedan offered is the Crown Victoria

How's that work again?

The Taurus was replaced by two models, the midsize (but smaller than original Taurus, I believe) Fusion, and the larger Five Hundred (larger than Taurus). I don't believe the Five Hundred was meant to be a :redcard: replacement, but became that in the eyes of the consumer (at least those that know/knew about it) and many here because the :redcard: s have been out of the spotlight (at least in the retail market) and regulated to mainly fleet sales in recent years. So, in the retail lineup it is essentially a :redcard: replacement.

- - - - - - - Fusion

Taurus <

- - - - - - - Five Hundred --> Taurus

Edited by rmc523

Ford doesn't sell cars at MSRP, dealers sell cars at MSRP.

That's right, Ford works with the ex-factory price but panther MSRPs haven't fluctuated wildly in 12 years

so there is a direct correlation, at least the only yardstick we'll ever see as outside of Ford.

Edited by jpd80

Hmmm....are prices jumping because of such a limited number to serve the extremely large demand for the :redcard: s? :hysterical::hysterical:

True, I just figured with his vast amount of :redcard: knowledge, he may know, but as you said, it may not be likely.

2005. And, as a side note, that was the ONLY year from 1998 on, that the Panthers got a rear-fender mounted radio antenna. Another bonehead move on Ford's part. They realized how stupid they were and deleted it in 2006.

The Taurus was replaced by two models, the midsize (but smaller than original Taurus, I believe) Fusion, and the larger Five Hundred (larger than Taurus). I don't believe the Five Hundred was meant to be a :redcard: replacement, but became that in the eyes of the consumer (at least those that know/knew about it) and many here because the :redcard: s have been out of the spotlight (at least in the retail market) and regulated to mainly fleet sales in recent years. So, in the retail lineup it is essentially a :redcard: replacement.

- - - - - - - Fusion

Taurus <

- - - - - - - Five Hundred --> Taurus

uhwhat.jpg

Soooo.....the Taurus did replace the CV...... :reading: