09 F150 regular cab question

GT40 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God that things a hideous style train wreck..

...I have one question... have you or are u ever going to own a truck? (ie going to = anytime soon)

If not...trucks aren't supposed to look like cars. Also it seems that most people that own trucks (myself included) like the new design. To me that means that Ford did a good job because there is no point in designing a truck based off what people who dont own or plan on owning a truck want the truck to look like.

God that things a hideous style train wreck..

Actually its called a TRUCK. If you can believe it, a lot of people actually use these things to do real work! You know, the kind of work that actually built the country, and keeps it rolling. Many of us could care less if we are using most aesthetically pleasing truck so long as it can do the job well. We are interested in pictures like these because they may indicate capabilities that a real truck owner might use.

Quit whining about things you don't understand, or don't concern you!

...I have one question... have you or are u ever going to own a truck? (ie going to = anytime soon)

If not...trucks aren't supposed to look like cars. Also it seems that most people that own trucks (myself included) like the new design. To me that means that Ford did a good job because there is no point in designing a truck based off what people who dont own or plan on owning a truck want the truck to look like.

I would like to own a F-150 one day for various reasons, it costs Ford no more to make a good looking truck, does it have to be ugly? Who honestly likes the ridiculous new grill and the taillights that will be the wet dream of every 16 year old sideways hat wearing ricer?

If I was going to spend tens of thousands of dollars on any vehicle I want something that looks good to me, some guys like fat chicks, I do not, to me, the 09 is like a fat chick, you may like it, but I do not, I want something that doesn't make me want to hurl everytime I see it. And many people do agree with me that they ruined the styling with this upgrade, should we all be ignored because some people like it? Not all of us use trucks to haul cow crap off the farm everyday, some of us need one for things like hauling our dirt bikes out to the desert, and in doing so, at least want a truck that looks decent, the 09 looks like they tried to make it ugly. I'd rather they have given it a real toned down non-offensive look, are you telling me that bling bling grills and chromed out ricer taillights are what "real" truck buyers want? Are you actually saying that? I don't see any contruction vehicles or any trucks used for work with auto parts store special bling tacked onto them like ford gave the thing from the factory.

Do you understand where I'm coming from now?

Actually its called a TRUCK.

Really? I thought it was an Elephant??

If you can believe it, a lot of people actually use these things to do real work!

And to cruise, to play, to haul their friends around in, to go to the movies, and some people, well, they even drive them to WORK!! In fact, most F-150's I see are rolling down the street with somebody driving it to the store to get groceries, or to go work in the office.

Why is it NECESSARY to be ugly? And please tell me mr. "all knowing" how those ricer taillights help the truck do work. I'm waiting.. :reading:

You know, the kind of work that actually built the country, and keeps it rolling.

You sound like a commercial, a condescending ridiculous one at that.

Many of us could care less if we are using most aesthetically pleasing truck so long as it can do the job well.

Many people buy trucks as their CAR, if Ford scares them away they will lose lots of sales of their bread and butter, nice of you to put your needs and bad taste before the good of the company.

We are interested in pictures like these because they may indicate capabilities that a real truck owner might use.

That's a real telling photo, it looks like it has the capability to park well. :rolleyes:

Why don't you explain what a "real truck owner" is? Because if it's you, that doesn't bode well for the average truck owner.

Quit whining about things you don't understand, or don't concern you!

How about you shut your trap noob, and keep your delusions off of this message board, everything this company does, concerns me, mr. "real truck guy".

It's clear you're the person who doesn't understand here, the current F-150 looks great, it's good looks don't hamper it's capability (you'd know this if you were a "real truck guy"). Making into an ugly duckling doesn't help anything, includng all important sales to yuppies who use trucks as commuter vehicles, and keep the profits coming in for Ford, so they can continue to build the best truck. But I guess down there on the hog farm you lost touch with reality, and reality is that most people do not, live on a farm in this nation anymore. I only hope people keep buying them, for Ford's sake..

I'm guessing it must be some kind of work package, or something they just threw on the truck.

That's the heavy duty payload package with 7 lug wheels (the only way to get a super cab long bed). Unfortunately, that's the only way they come. I love Ford trucks but that, my friend, is one ugly piece of equipment!

That's the heavy duty payload package with 7 lug wheels (the only way to get a super cab long bed). Unfortunately, that's the only way they come. I love Ford trucks but that, my friend, is one ugly piece of equipment!

Yes, I don't know why they don't put at least some better styled steel wheels on the thing.

I would like to own a F-150 one day for various reasons, it costs Ford no more to make a good looking truck, does it have to be ugly? Who honestly likes the ridiculous new grill and the taillights that will be the wet dream of every 16 year old sideways hat wearing ricer?

If I was going to spend tens of thousands of dollars on any vehicle I want something that looks good to me, some guys like fat chicks, I do not, to me, the 09 is like a fat chick, you may like it, but I do not, I want something that doesn't make me want to hurl everytime I see it. And many people do agree with me that they ruined the styling with this upgrade, should we all be ignored because some people like it? Not all of us use trucks to haul cow crap off the farm everyday, some of us need one for things like hauling our dirt bikes out to the desert, and in doing so, at least want a truck that looks decent, the 09 looks like they tried to make it ugly. I'd rather they have given it a real toned down non-offensive look, are you telling me that bling bling grills and chromed out ricer taillights are what "real" truck buyers want? Are you actually saying that? I don't see any contruction vehicles or any trucks used for work with auto parts store special bling tacked onto them like ford gave the thing from the factory.

Do you understand where I'm coming from now?

That was a dumb response. Are you trying to say that the truck looks ugly because of a little chrome on the taillights? The only grill that looks bling bling is the Platinum grill. So that kind of kills your is that what truck buyers want since real truck buyers won't really be buying the Platinum since its main purpose seems to be luxary. My point is real truck buyers don't care about that little bit of chrome on the taillights, they care about how functional of a vehicle they are driving. BTW I use my truck for hauling ATVs around also. The Raptor is looking pretty sweet for something like that, it'll probably be too expensive though lol.

IMPORTANT= little bit of chrome does not equal ricer tailights

Also I'm not saying that your not allowed to like it, but your acting like its ridiculous that anyone else would like it. I'm pointing out that a lot of people either think its fine or they actually like it better. I'm pretty sure there will be a complete redesign in 2012 anyway. So by the time I have money it'll be different anyway.

The grill on the FX4, XLT, and even the Lariet look pretty nice.

Edited by ray101988

That was a dumb response. Are you trying to say that the truck looks ugly because of a little chrome on the taillights? The only grill that looks bling bling is the Platinum grill. So that kind of kills your is that what truck buyers want since real truck buyers won't really be buying the Platinum since its main purpose seems to be luxary. My point is real truck buyers don't care about that little bit of chrome on the taillights, they care about how functional of a vehicle they are driving. BTW I use my truck for hauling ATVs around also. The Raptor is looking pretty sweet for something like that, it'll probably be too expensive though lol.

IMPORTANT= little bit of chrome does not equal ricer tailights

Also I'm not saying that your not allowed to like it, but your acting like its ridiculous that anyone else would like it. I'm pointing out that a lot of people either think its fine or they actually like it better. I'm pretty sure there will be a complete redesign in 2012 anyway. So by the time I have money it'll be different anyway.

The grill on the FX4, XLT, and even the Lariet look pretty nice.

From what I have observed, many truck buyers like chrome.

From what I have observed, many truck buyers like chrome.

Have you seen my truck ? I think it can answer the question...

(Don't mind the Ford Centennial Banner in the showroom, pic was taken this autumn when I bought it :hysterical: )

1-1.jpg

Edited by LaredoRV