Then what

PIPEWRENCH

My first thought would be having those left in JSP take the places of all the temps company wide, they have 2 years to make the offers to trasnfer but there is nothing in writing that says how long inbetween the 2 offers.

I cant see Ford paying JSP and temps ,my opinion is the ones in JSP will be offered twice quickly to stop paying the JSP and Temps at the same time, It also gives Ford the chance for those that dont take thier second offer the right to add these temps into the "entry level ranks".

Just my opinion though.

after all the buyouts and getting rid of the temps is done what due you suppose they will due with the rest of left ?just let us chill in jsp until that money is gone

If anyone is left they probably will offer one posting with two oppertunities on it, for facilities far from your home plant in hopes you will turn them down.

If anyone is left they probably will offer one posting with two oppertunities on it, for facilities far from your home plant in hopes you will turn them down.

Multiple postings at one time for many locations is just one opportunity. If anyone tells you different, contact you union leadership. :finger: :happy feet:

That will back fire just like these buyouts. They cant get enough for $50/70K, they will sure not get many to refuse the 2nd offer and also lose all pay/bennies. They will reluctantly move AND collect whatever the moving expenses are.

Furious,

One posting with any number of opportunities on it is still only "one" opportunity.

There is an agreed to time limit between first opp and second, I think it is 30 or 60 days. I get back with you on the amount of days, but this was to stop the Company from arbitrarily just making two offers and your done. (Note: This statement is about active plant JSP banks and does not apply to closed or closing facilities offers which is the subject of other language.)

Edited by level

Furious,

One posting with any number of opportunities on it is still only "one" opportunity.

There is an agreed to time limit between first opp and second, I think it is 30 or 60 days. I get back with you on the amount of days, but this was to stop the Company from arbitrarily just making two offers and your done. (Note: This statement is about active plant JSP banks and does not apply to closed or closing facilities offers which is the subject of other language.)

It is 60 days, but on the same token they can offer you numerous locations within the 60 day window. The second choice does not stand until after the 60 days have passed.

Furious,

If at all possible I would like both of my opportunities offered at the same time. Would hate to turn the first one down thinking it to be undesirable only to be offered a 2nd down the road that is even worse. :banghead:

If at all possible I would like both of my opportunities offered at the same time. Would hate to turn the first one down thinking it to be undesirable only to be offered a 2nd down the road that is even worse. :banghead:

Like I already posted, they may offer you ten different locations within the first month, but it doesn't count as #2 until 60 days have passed. For the second part of your question it all depends on how big a gambler you are. It is a real good possibility that you will be offered a worse location the second pick. "Lets roll the dice"!!!! It is like playing Russian Roulette and I guarantee you Ford has more than one bullet in the chamber.

from my understanding , i could be wrong but i heard that once you end up on or in jsp, they will come to you by senority and offer you a transfer after all voluntaries go to the openings, then after people refuse they go by senority and ask a second time, don't know what the time frame is though, that way they can't give you both strikes all at once or close to each other , just to get rid of employees, i also heard that they may also offer the buyouts again when your plant actually goes on lay-off of a shift, this way it lets you decide to stick it out , or take the buyout which maybe a better option, but to whoever does make these cuts on shift lay-offs, you 'd better be glad to have that high paying job, since there will be no more, once the big three go to lower tier workers you will never see any other companies offer these wages and benefits, unless you are degreed in specific fields or you have somebody to take care of you with their own companies, it sucks , but this is unfortunately the way of the future, no matter who is in office , your precious democrat or a republican, i just wish i was an independent candidate who actually had a plan for things or just a brighter picture for everyone, no matter of demographics, since everyone wants change from the last eight years , at least that is what the democrats say, we are all stuck in this thing , no matter where you end up , either on the long end of the stick or the short end , just good luck to all and their families.

Does this apply to ACH plants being closed or sold also.

It applies to all ACH locations and any Ford location that is closed (Atlanta, NAP, Edision, St. Louis, etc). However, I believe that all the closed Ford facilities were given their final oppurtunity last week. It was do or die for those guys.

Edited by ngp roots

Multiple postings at one time for many locations is just one opportunity. If anyone tells you different, contact you union leadership. :finger: :happy feet:

Good Luck with Union Leadership!!!!!!!!!!

On our contract voting day, Dave Gayner told us the same thing. Two opportunities on one posting equals one strike.

Lo, and behold! New Contract ratified and now three opportunities on one posting is three strikes. You would have to be passed over due to seniority on three opportunities to keep from taking a strike.

Sounds like they will offer East Bumble F**k, West Who Gives A Damn, and The Armpit of America as your three choices. Hoping you will jump ship!

Good Luck with Union Leadership!!!!!!!!!!

On our contract voting day, Dave Gayner told us the same thing. Two opportunities on one posting equals one strike.

Lo, and behold! New Contract ratified and now three opportunities on one posting is three strikes. You would have to be passed over due to seniority on three opportunities to keep from taking a strike.

Sounds like they will offer East Bumble F**k, West Who Gives A Damn, and The Armpit of America as your three choices. Hoping you will jump ship!

Like I said, there was a seperate letter on the closed/closing facilities. They were named in the language as getting one shot, mostly due to the fact that they had turned down repeated offers for some time...up to years of refusal. That was one scenario.....this is another.

Like I said, there was a seperate letter on the closed/closing facilities. They were named in the language as getting one shot, mostly due to the fact that they had turned down repeated offers for some time...up to years of refusal. That was one scenario.....this is another.

You are referring to page 163c which applied to Non-Skilled Trades only at the closed and/or idled locations named. Page 164c applies to all other employees. But most trades (pipefitters, electricians were offered postings during the last contract) at these plants were never offered the first transfer before we were told we had the ONE POSTING to take it or leave it. We are not, according to the contract, different from any skilled trades person at any other plant in the US. We should have been treated the same and allowed "60 days as one posting" or whatever is the definition being used elsewhere.

And BTW, why is Ford Motor Company and our Union taking this discriminatory attitude toward employees who were using the language in the contract that both parties agreed to. They were pissed of at Edison for being in GEN for so long, but BOTH sides signed the contract with that provision. Now, everyone else is being treated like we have been screwing the company and the union for years. Hell, they wrote the contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying closing facilities only have 1 shot. Are you considering NGP as closing? The deal with Zeledyne has not been completing and they have been telling us it was closing for 20 years.