Ford Focus Flub

mlhm5

Come on Borg, show som initiative,

This is the picture you mean - 2009 Focus:

ford_focus_coupe_2009_01.jpg

2008_ford_focus_adjusted.jpg

Initiative to do what?

Nice (if bland) looking Focus render, suits my design preference for simply stated and careful design, not sure it has enough presence to make an impact however.

The next Focus for NA is 2011/12, not 2009.

Edited by BORG

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big fan of Kinetic design but it is better than what Ford did with the Focus here. I suppose their heart was in the right place but they really lost sight of the complete design when they pumped up the decor of the body work. The Focus here is more distinct, but it's also really garish.

Yeah I know Rich, but C1 is still a nice car - and 5" wider than the original C170

They feel a lot roomier inside,not quite a mazda 6 but heading that way.

Maybe a lengthened wheelbase off the C1/2 a la "Tempo" wouldn't be too bad.

Edited by jpd80

Top's a photo chop anyway.

I think the coupe looks elegant, like the new Accord coupe. Don't get me wrong, me and Borg are of the same mind when it comes to the Mondeo & Fusion. One is more distinctive, the other is more cohesive.

The Chop looks a lot like the facelifted tC

01-2008-scion-tc.gif

Not a big fan of Kinetic design but it is better than what Ford did with the Focus here. I suppose their heart was in the right place but they really lost sight of the complete design when they pumped up the decor of the body work. The Focus here is more distinct, but it's also really garish.

Frankly, with the set of hardpoints that the designers had to work with, in order to get something that looked =different= you were going to get a bit of a dog's breakfast.

Same's true of the Escape.

Important for Ford on both was that they didn't over emphasize design 'purity'...

Frankly, with the set of hardpoints that the designers had to work with, in order to get something that looked =different= you were going to get a bit of a dog's breakfast.

Important for Ford on both was that they didn't over emphasize design 'purity'...

I was plesantly surprised that FNA actually widened the C170-2 (1"?) that makes a big difference

and also why the C1 looks so different.

Edited by jpd80

Nothing an eye doctor couldn't fix.....

01-2008-scion-tc.gif

ford_focus_coupe_2009_01.jpg

Belt line, swept up d pillar, wheel flairs, headlight pulled back into the fender, they are very similar, if you make the Scion a little more edgy and the grill bigger, you end up with the Focus shown.

Though as someone will say -- "all cars look the same now"; that is why the make the badges so big.

The Escape was a much better update, although it doesn't standout as particularly new or interesting, at least it was smartly handled. I would have liked the Focus more if it had been updated to look like the C1 Focus in Europe, although that is also a dull design and I'm sure the NA design team thought so as well.

Belt line, swept up d pillar, wheel flairs, headlight pulled back into the fender, they are very similar, if you make the Scion a little more edgy and the grill bigger, you end up with the Focus shown.

Though as someone will say -- "all cars look the same now"; that is why the make the badges so big.

You're looking at basic styling cues and calling them similar, that's easy!

It's the execution of those styling cues that makes the difference,

you only have to move those lines and shapes millimetres to screw up a design.

Look at what makes them different not the same.