Ford Focus Flub

mlhm5

how is that Focus coupe selling? I have yet to see one on the streets.

I've seen a few, but your personal observations aren't indicative of the market as a whole.

how high would focus retails sales have been if we would have kept the hatches and wagon.

The thing is that Hatchback and Wagon sales made up less then 20-30% of total Focus sales, as broken out by product ordering guide that dealerships got.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Focus sales #'s are back up to decent #'s for the first 2 months of this year, so quit bitching.

If more hatchback fans would buy, then they would be offered. More likely there will be a Focus based 'soft Ute' ala Rouge/CRv before any ZX3's return.

As has been said MANY times before already (and some of you seem to ignore every time this topic comes up), Ford could NOT effectively change the hardpoints on the C170 hatchback when they wanted to refresh it. It was cheaper to make a coupe from the sedan stamping than to redo the stamping for the hatchback to do the refresh. We either would have ended up with the same lineup as before with a warmed over refresh like the last one was, or they could actually put some fresh style on it for once. Ford chose the latter. The hatches are pretty much confirmed to RETURN once the C2 derivitives arrive here in the 2010-2011 timeframe.

Focus sales #'s are back up to decent #'s for the first 2 months of this year, so quit bitching.

If more hatchback fans would buy, then they would be offered. More likely there will be a Focus based 'soft Ute' ala Rouge/CRv before any ZX3's return.

Again, the real Focus is available as a hatch here, but in a Volvo guise. Focus sales are up because people are buying more small cars, not because Ford did anything right with the freshening. Pay someone a few hundred bucks to throw a custom Ford grille on it and away you go...

Focus C30

By throwing the well-proven running gear from the much-lauded Euro edition Ford Focus ST under this pretty shell, underpinned by a chopped S40 sport sedan chassis, Volvo has also given the C30 the moves to back up her looks. The transverse-mounted, five-cylinder, low-pressure turbo pumps almost 230 horsepower with a similar chunk of torque, all with no noticeable turbo lag. The fat part of the power band hits in the low to mid-range. At higher revs the power tales off and the noise gets agricultural, especially compared to the competing Golf GTI’s sweet two-liter. But wringing its neck isn’t the point or actually necessary to get the C30 moving. And move it does—the C30 is deceptively quick. Acceleration times are right in the middle of the competitive set with a low six second run to sixty; but the motor’s real party trick is its flexibility and in-gear passing power. The C30 doesn’t pretend to be a track rat. The sweet spot is found best running around town, cruising at speed on the highway, or shortshifting in the twisties. The fat torque curve means you don’t have to row the six-speed box too often, which is just as well because the shifter isn’t as precise as I’d like. You won’t go wrong ticking the well-matched auto box option, although when we were pushing it hard on our canyon test route, our fingers kept reaching for paddle shifters that weren’t there.

The C30 has certainly been created just outside of the box. You can take it even further with an online custom order program that allows a pick of interior fabrics and multiple color combos including two-tone inside and out. For a $300 reservation fee, you can spec out a bespoke C30 online that can be in your driveway after a short six-week wait. That’s cool. Pricing is cool, too. The not-stripped Version 1.0 starts at just $22,700, while the luxe Version 2.0 that really doesn’t require further optioning is $25,700. Of course, if you go down the custom order route, you could be pushing $30K plus pretty quickly, but even at that money, a totally specced C30 will cross shop with a stripped Audi A3 all day long.

C16 Review

2409I1Main2FINAL_C16_v204_SPREAD-249.jpg

Again, the real Focus is available as a hatch here, but in a Volvo guise. Focus sales are up because people are buying more small cars, not because Ford did anything right with the freshening. Pay someone a few hundred bucks to throw a custom Ford grille on it and away you go...

Interesting pricing:

Pricing is cool, too. The not-stripped Version 1.0 starts at just $22,700, while the luxe Version 2.0 that really doesn’t require further optioning is $25,700.

No...even Shrek would say the the Fukkas is ugly.

I should try this :cheerleader: thing for a week. Sing praises about all of Ford's abortions.

Sales of the Focus are up. The segment leader's sales are notably DOWN. It can't simply ALL be attributed to more people buying small cars. Obviously there's another factor in the mix. I sure as heck wouldn't buy one, and I'm not particularly fond of its design either, but that doesn't mean other people agree with me.

And for the record, I've never said I liked the '08 Focus's design.

Edited by NickF1011

Oh really...hmmm...I'm about to go to Chipotle...maybe when I get back...the week will start.

I've been there, pretty good, I like Moe's better (do you have those?) I also went to a place called Qboda the other day, it was good too, but I like Moe's over them all.

That would explain why segment leader Corolla's sales were down during the same period then, huh?

When everybodys sales are sinking in the US Mini Sales are up 44% maybe it's Americans are getting smaller in size l just can't put my finger on why their should sales are rising?

http://www.motoringfile.com/2008/03/04/min...2-for-february/

When everybodys sales are sinking in the US Mini Sales are up 44% maybe it's Americans are getting smaller in size l just can't put my finger on why their should sales are rising?

http://www.motoringfile.com/2008/03/04/min...2-for-february/

If I have to hear that number again.....

The misuse of statistics on forums has to be worse than even in the big media.

If they sold 1 Mini in January and 2 in February, you'd probably be rejoicing about a 100% increase in sales too.

No...we don't have Moe's. Do you drive a new Taurus to Moe's?

No, where did driving a new Taurus come from? I drive our Expy or 335 to Moes though.

When are you leaving for Chipolte? I'm eager for your week to start.

Edited by rmc523

No, where did driving a new Taurus come from? I drive our Expy or 335 to Moes though.

When are you leaving for Chipolte? I'm eager for your week to start.

Moe's...the Simpsons...

New Taurus...Homer Simpson car

I think you get the picture.

That being said, Homer has great taste in cars!

And since when did they make a Mini Cooper Sedan? :rolleyes:

That's not what matters, it would look like shit if it was one, B and C size cars look goofy and cheap as sedans, see the Yaris for a great example, or the 08 Focus. Tiny cars look good as hatchbacksand theyare much more practical as you canactually fit things in the back of the car as opposed to the sedans with their tiny little trunk openings.

Your wants in a car aren't excatly what the car buying public wants either...

BS, seeing ford's sales over the past few years they certainly aren't yours or the cheerleaders, and some of Ford's most popular vehicles are hatchbacks, but I guess you think the Edge and the Escape aren't selling good either..

how is that Focus coupe selling? I have yet to see one on the streets.

The Focus's retail success is do to the market for small cars growing and sync. don't take this the wrong way, the car is good the best focus since 2000 but how many sales could we gained with the hatchbacks, which Were always near 100% retail.

how high would focus retails sales have been if we would have kept the hatches and wagon.

lets imagine on 2010 when We have C2 and we are not just building the focus but also the C-max, Volvo, and any other thing based on C2. what needs to be done to remain flexible and productive?

I haven't seen one Focus coupe either, and you see everything here on the streets of L.A.

I've seen more million dollar exotics in one day than I have the 08 Focus, the only thing that turd has going for it is gas prices and sync. What a time to reduce yoursmall car options by half with 3-4 dollar a gallon gas...

Moe's...the Simpsons...

New Taurus...Homer Simpson car

I think you get the picture.

That being said, Homer has great taste in cars!

Oh....gotcha......LOL

It's called Moe's Southwest Grill or something like that.

Pretty good food.

Ford were the top the No1 Fleet Car rentall/fleet seller in Europe you are talking shit again. That's why FOE are making big profits. When Ford sold Hertz had had a worldwide fleet of 500,000 cars/spares that today could have all been Ford cars to build and replace every couple of years. Hertz also started to make a $ Billions in profits after Ford sold them which would now be helping out Ford's bottom line profits today. Who made the losses at Ford in 2007 FOE No1 Fleet car supply company or FOA we don't do fleet cars?

FOE No1 Fleet/Rentall car supply company in Europe 2007.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/story/?nID=46101

when the Did mention the UK of Europe in my Post???????

I did not. over HERE Rental companies don't buy hatches or wagons.

That's not what matters, it would look like shit if it was one, B and C size cars look goofy and cheap as sedans, see the Yaris for a great example, or the 08 Focus. Tiny cars look good as hatchbacksand theyare much more practical as you canactually fit things in the back of the car as opposed to the sedans with their tiny little trunk openings.

They might be more practical (I've owned a couple Hatches before) but they don't sell! It doesnt matter if they are practical or not, Small Hatchbacks are thought of cheap throwaway cars by the vast majorty of the car buying public, they have the same stigma as a wagon or minivan

BS, seeing ford's sales over the past few years they certainly aren't yours or the cheerleaders, and some of Ford's most popular vehicles are hatchbacks, but I guess you think the Edge and the Escape aren't selling good either..

Since when can you compare the Edge or Escape to a friggen C sedan car? Lets also not forget all the issues that Focus had when it first launched and it even being lampooned on Saturday night live...not excactly the image you want for your car....thus the lower sales of it over time